Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

tracking the usurper-in-chief and on his trail

Sen. Lindsey Graham letter on AgJOBS - a change of heart?

I received the following letter from Sen. Lindsey Graham about the pending AgJOBS bill. I am sure that each of us can find some fault with Sen. Graham's statements. Please don't list those faults here. We can see them without anyone pointing them out.

Overall, however, his change of heart about illegal aliens and enforcing the immigration laws appears to be profound. What do you think?
    One man's terrorist is another man's undocumented worker.

Unless we enforce laws against illegal aliens today,
    tomorrow WE may wake up as illegals.

The last word: illegal aliens are ILLEGAL!

Where is the letter?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

LINDSEY O. GRAHAM . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 200 RUSSELL SENATE OFFICE BUILDING
    SOUTH CAROLINA . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . WASHINGTON, DC 20510
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . (202)224-5972

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . UNITED STATES SENATE

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . October 16, 2007

Thank you for contacting me with your concerns about S.237, the Agricultural Job Opportunities, Benefits, and Security Act of 2007 (AgJOBS Act). I appreciate the opportunity to hear from you on this important issue.

First and foremost, I oppose blanket amnesty proposals. One of my top priorities as your United States Senator is to protect the job opportunities of America's workforce, and I support strict regulation of all temporary worker programs. We cannot continue to allow millions of illegal aliens to live and work in the United States; nor can we permit them to seize employment opportunities for willing American workers.

As you may know, Senator Dianne Feinstein of California introduced the AgJOBS legislation in January 2007 to provide for the adjustment of status for certain foreign agricultural workers. It would also reform the H-2A worker program and seek to provide a stable, legal agricultural workforce. Additionally, a modified version of the AgJOBS bill was included in the comprehensive immigration reform legislation that was considered by the Senate earlier this summer. Supporters of the AgJOBS legislation are likely to bring it before the Senate again during consideration of the farm bill.

I understand the importance of reforming the current H-2A guest worker program; however, I am concerned over the wage provisions in AgJOBS, as they could negatively impact South Carolina's farmers. I believe that legal immigrants and agricultural workers contribute to our economy, and I have been working to find an acceptable solution to the agricultural migrant labor problem. I believe it is necessary to strike a balance that will provide security and protections for both American workers and South Carolina's agriculture industry. As the Senate continues to review the AgJOBS bill, I will be sure to keep your thoughts in mind.

While it is now unlikely that the Senate will pass immigration reform in the near term, there is a crisis along our borders. We cannot afford to wait to pass comprehensive immigration reform before we take measures to both secure the borders and detain and deport illegal immigrants found inside the United States. To this extent, I was very pleased when the Senate voted 89-1 to include a border security amendment I wrote in H.R. 2638, the Department of Homeland Security Appropriations Act of 2008. My amendment provides $3 billion to reclaim 100 percent of our southern border; hire, train, and place on duty 23,000 border patrol agents; operate four unmanned aerial vehicles, as well as 105 ground-based radar and camera towers; and put in place 300 miles of vehicle barriers, in addition to the 700 miles of fencing authorized in the Secure Fence Act of 2006. My amendment will put real dollars behind border security promises.

Because enforcing current law is inadequate to address the issue of illegal immigration, I joined Senators Jon Kyl and Jeff Sessions in introducing S.1984, the Immigration Enforcement and Border Security Act of 2007, to create new programs and reform existing programs to reduce the number of illegal immigrants in the country. This legislation will allow federal and local officials to share information to investigate and deport illegal aliens, end the existence of sanctuary cities, and ensure National Guardsmen will assist the Border Patrol in controlling the border. Further, the legislation will create a strong Electronic Employment Verification System (EEVS) and a secure biometric social security card. Additionally, the Department of Homeland Security recently announced that it was taking measures to increase immigration enforcement. These efforts will focus around using existing law to ensure that all employees have valid social security numbers and will increase fines on employers who hire illegal immigrants. While I applaud these efforts, much more needs to be done to crack down on illegal immigration. I look forward to continuing to work with my colleagues in the Senate to develop comprehensive immigration reform for the betterment of our country.

Again, thank you for taking the time to share your concerns. If I can ever be of assistance to you or your family, please do not hesitate to call on me.

Sincerely,

(signature)

Lindsey O. Graham
    United States Senator

I think he has been clear in his belief that in order to get Americans to accept amnesty, he has to throw us a little border security first. I still don't trust him on this, and would like to see him support attrition through enforcement (not amnesty) as a way to deal with the illegal aliens who are here.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

It looks like senor bosh signing the border fence before the 2006 election.

I do not care if he changes position, I am from his state and will not vote for him even if he runs for dogcatcher. We racists and bigots are going to have some payback come Nov 08. And besides, it is hypocrites like him that is running my business into the ground.

What did the original appropriations act include?

Quote Originally Posted by LINDSEY O. GRAHAM
    I was very pleased when the Senate voted 89-1 to include a border security amendment I wrote in H.R. 2638, the Department of Homeland Security Appropriations Act of 2008. My amendment provides $3 billion to reclaim 100 percent of our southern border; hire, train, and place on duty 23,000 border patrol agents; operate four unmanned aerial vehicles, as well as 105 ground-based radar and camera towers; and put in place 300 miles of vehicle barriers, in addition to the 700 miles of fencing authorized in the Secure Fence Act of 2006. My amendment will put real dollars behind border security promises.

Makes you wonder what was in the original DHS appropriations bill.

Wouldn't these items have been at the top of the original appropriations request?

Lindsay Graham wants re-elected....quite simple anyone who stood up in front of a special interest group and called all patriotic Americans Bigots, let his true feeling towards Americans be known. DON'T FORGET IT!! throw him and all others like him out of office.

They can keep rewriting and changing the border security bill every six months, that much in it is not changing besides amount of fenceing, amount of border patrol agents, amount of funds etc. which all means nothing if they do not let loose with the funding.

All these new bills do is enable these congressmen to say I voted for such and such, yet nothing new gets done.

They seem to find plenty of funds for Iraq but when it comes to helping our border patrol to secure the border NOTHING!!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)