Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Sen Seek 60-Vote Test for Contentious Immigration Amendments

CQ TODAY MIDDAY UPDATE
    May 24, 2007 – 12:19 p.m.
    Senators Seek 60-Vote Test for Contentious Immigration Amendments

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nev., said today that a bipartisan effort is under way behind the scenes to keep an immigration overhaul moving through the Senate expeditiously.

Reid said negotiators from both parties were working to produce a list of contentious amendments that give “heartburnâ€
    "Calling an illegal alien an undocumented immigrant is like calling a burglar an uninvited house guest."

MW
    [quote]“But if you’re serious about securing our borders and bringing millions of illegal immigrants in our country out of the shadows, this bipartisan bill is the best opportunity to move forward.â€

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

No on S1348 it's quite simple, when are you going to bring out things like us supporting schools for mexico, or helping them with health insurance, pre-natal care you know things we can not afford for our own citizens but you expect the American people to do for Mexican citizens.
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Reid just can't stop putting the cart before the horse.

They really think they can ram this through.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

dixie wrote:
    I've never seen anything like this in my 67 years here on earth. It's quite obvious they all have ulterior motives unrelated to the needs of our country or it's citizens.
    <div>Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of congress; but I repeat myself. Mark Twain</div>

Quote Originally Posted by pjr40
    dixie wrote:
    I've never seen anything like this in my 67 years here on earth. It's quite obvious they all have ulterior motives unrelated to the needs of our country or it's citizens.
    I think it has to do with personal wealth.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

dixie wrote:
    I think it has to do with personal wealth.
    I suspect you're right. I imagine they and their wealthy friend all benefit from cheap illegal labor. I know that is an unquestionable truth here in California.
    <div>Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of congress; but I repeat myself. Mark Twain</div>