Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by Disillusioned
    Has it been published anywhere who the 12 were who voted "no" in the committee? I just got a notification from Numbers USA asking me to send a "thank you" fax to Sen. Durbin (IL) for voting no. This must be an error. He has a pretty consistent record of voting in favor of amnesty for illegals.
    Good question. If I get the chance, I'll check.

________

Call the Senate: NO AgJOBS Amnesty !
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Thank you. And, I was right. Durbin voted "YES". I will let Numbers USA know.
    "Calling an illegal alien an undocumented immigrant is like calling a burglar an uninvited house guest."

Quote Originally Posted by TexasBorn
    Tried calling Feinsteins office and the lines are jammed! They must be getting an ear full. I'm sick of these people who pretend to represent us, trying to sneak through an amnesty disguised as something they think we won't recognize! California's economy will soon collapse into chaos...and guess what? They get exactly what they deserve!

Call feinstein's office sin California, i had no problem getting through to all four of them

Quote Originally Posted by Disillusioned
    Thank you. And, I was right. Durbin voted "YES". I will let Numbers USA know.
    they know, i sent them the link about an hour ago

From FAIR:

Amnesty Amendment Added to Iraqi War Funding Bill!
    Call Your Senators Now!!

Late Thursday afternoon [5/15], the Senate Appropriations Committee attached several immigration amendments - including an amnesty amendment - to the Iraq War Funding Bill. By doing so, members of the Senate Finance Committee not only snuck controversial amendments into a bill that funds our servicemen and women, but they chose to attach guest worker amnesty provisions that the American people flatly rejected in 2007! These amendments are designed to allow corporations to import hundreds of thousands of additional guest workers at a time when the U.S. economy is struggling.

The Iraq War Funding Bill could be on the Senate floor as early as NEXT WEEK as Senators try to finish business before the Memorial Day recess. FAIR is asking all members, activists, and friends to call their Senators NOW and tell them you oppose these measures!

Two of the amendments adopted in the Senate Appropriations Committee were provisions rejected in last year's Bush-Kennedy Amnesty Bill (S.1639). These include:

(1) The Feinstein AgJOBS Amendment. This amendment, authored by Senator Dianne Feinstein (D-CA), grants 5-year amnesty visas to 1.35 million illegal alien agricultural workers plus their families by granting them "emergency worker status." The amendment also:

Grants work authorization to beneficiaries and their spouses;
    Grants travel authorization to beneficiaries and their families;
    Otherwise treats beneficiaries as green card holders (legal permanent residents); and
    Prohibits beneficiaries from being prosecuted for social security fraud and related identity theft crimes.

To qualify for the amnesty program, an illegal alien must show he or she was employed at least 150 days or earned at least $7,000.00 in the agricultural sector in the 48 months ending December 31, 2007. The alien will then pay a fee of $250.00 and receive an identification card evidencing his or her legal status.

(2) The Mikulski H-2B Amendment. This amendment, authored by Senator Barbara Mikulski (D-MD), will increase the number of unskilled H-2B guest workers by reinstating the returning worker exemption for a period of three years. This exemption (which expired last year) allows guest workers who entered the U.S. through the H-2B guest worker program in the previous three years to return without counting towards the 66,000 cap. This exemption could lead to exponential growth in the H-2B program, potentially increasing the number of unskilled H-2B guest workers by over 200,000 in just a few years.

But the Senate Appropriations Committee didn't stop there! It adopted two other immigration amendments intended to appease special interests and corporations. The Murray-Gregg Amendment, authored by Senators Patty Murray (D-WA) and Judd Gregg (R-NH), increases the number of employment-based green cards available for multinational executives and so-called "high-tech" workers by "recapturing" approximately 218,000 unused visas from as far back as 1994. The Leahy Amendment, authored by Judiciary Chairman Patrick Leahy (D-VT), extends the duration of a program that helps rich investors obtain green cards.

Please call your Senators NOW and tell them you are appalled that these are the priorities of the United States Senate! Tell your Senators that the only immigration legislation you want taken up in Congress is true immigration reform legislation that restores common sense to our system, secures our borders, and imposes tough sanctions on employers who exploit cheap foreign labor.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I am coming to the conclusion---

I am coming to the conclusion---that congress is at the point where throwing the baby out with the bathwater is a sad but necessary action. I do not have a clue as to which of our Senators are trustworthy and true Americans. Representatives are a little better, but still, a lot of special interest folks there.

This all seems a bit contrived. Me thinks this may simply be a poisen pill to stop funding of the war before the elections.
    What better way to prevent funding than to have something in it that is so distasteful that even the republicans won't vote for it !

Lou reported on this today so the word is out even more. Wish I could recall his words to describe Feinstein but he thought it was sneaky as a politician can get.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

April
    MAKE YOU VOICE HEARD!!!! LETS FILL THEIR VOICE MAILS THIS WEEKEND!!!

Action alert:

http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-115596.html

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast