Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Senate Passes Illinois DREAM Act

Senate Passes Illinois DREAM Act

Thursday, May 5, 2011 | Updated 12:06 PM CDT

By Sandra Torres

The Illinois State Senate voted 45-11 Wednesday to pass the Illinois DREAM act and make available scholarships to thousands of undocumented immigrants.

"It's a great step forward," said Joshua Hoyt to NBC Chicago's sister station, Telemundo Chicago. Hoyt is the executive director of the Illinois Coalition for Immigrant and Refugee rights.

The Illinois Dream Act, sponsored by state Senate President John Cullerton, will make scholarships available to undocumented students through an Illinois Dream Fund that is privately funded. It would also encourage high school counselors and college admissions officers to be trained on educational opportunities for immigrant youths.

Nearly 90,000 students in the state would benefit from the Dream Act, according to ICIRR.

On Wednesday, Gov. Pat Quinn also announced Illinois will pull out of the "Secure Communities" program. It's a federal program that automatically checks the Immigration status of people who are arrested by police.

http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/Se ... 46399.html
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

illegals

Vote all the Democrats out. They are destroying the United States.

GOOD! LET THEM ALL MOVE THERE AND GO TO SCHOOL THERE AND BREAK IL. FUNDING
    Any and all comments & Opinions and postings by me are considered of my own opinion, and not of any ORG that I belong to! PERIOD!

I hope every illegal alien in the country that wants to go to college now moves to IL.

When they get tired of them being in IL. they can round them up an deport them.

Nearly 90,000 students in the state would benefit from the Dream Act, according to ICIRR.
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Noooo. I live in IL. We don't need any more illegals. We have plenty of our own.
    "A Nation of sheep will beget a government of Wolves" -Edward R. Murrow

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

this thing is getting little media time. it cant pass the house.or i hope not. ill be leaving my home state cus of the bleeding libtards here. wisconsin is my next home im thinking, too rural ( mod edit) to exist, en-mass anyway. and the fishing and hunting is outstanding.