Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Senator Cornyn double speak, says no wall and support Dream

Senator Cornyn pandering to Business money looks like we need to burn up his phone lines again. Corny says he supports the Dream Act!

Washington DC Main: 202-224-2934 Fax: 202-228-2856
    Houston, TX Main: 713-572-3337 Fax: 713-572-3777
    Harlingen, TX 78550 Main: 956-423-0162 Fax: 956-423-0193
    Lubbock, TX 79410 Main: 806-472-7533 Fax: 806-472-7536
    San Antonio, TX 78205 Main: 210-224-7485 Fax: 210-224-8569
    Austin, TX 78701 Main: 512-469-6034 Fax: 512-469-6020
    Tyler, TX 75702 Main: 903-593-0902 Fax: 903-593-0920
    Dallas, TX 75244 Main: 972-239-1310 Fax: 972-239-2110

Senator says border wall not part of security plan

http://www.elpasotimes.com/news/ci_6559865

U.S. Sen. John Cornyn spoke Monday during a visit to El Paso. Cornyn gave a legislative update to about 100 people gathered at the offices of the Greater El Paso Chamber of Commerce. (Photos by Rudy Gutierrez / El Paso Times)

U.S. Sen. John Cornyn addressed a variety of issues, including immigration reform, the case of two former El Paso Border Patrol agents sentenced to prison and the expansion of Fort Bliss during a visit to El Paso on Monday. (Rudy Gutierrez / El Paso Times)
    Border security must come first, before other aspects of immigration reform, U.S. Sen. John Cornyn, R-Texas, said Monday in El Paso.
    Cornyn, who is running for re-election in 2008, gave a legislative update to about 100 business leaders and local officials at the Greater El Paso Chamber of Commerce.
    The senator spoke about his support of the war in Iraq, the need for a bigger U.S. Army and Congress' low approval ratings, but the meeting quickly focused on border security.
    "Fixing immigration is the single most important domestic challenge. But we've done it before. In 1986, amnesty came but enforcement didn't," Cornyn said. "We need to at least double the size of the Border Patrol. There are 10,000 Border Patrol agents. There are

40,000 police officers in New York City, but one fourth of that along a 2,000-mile border."
    Such a stand is not overwhelmingly popular on the border where a daily cross-border back-and-forth is essential to business interests.
    Indeed, the only room-wide applause during Cornyn's speech came after he said that increasing border security "would not entail a 2,000-mile wall on the border."

Martin Yung, president of JDW Insurance, said he liked hearing that.
    "It's an issue that is vital to this community. I don't think walls work. I'm glad to hear that he is not for walls," Yung said.
    Last month, Cornyn voted for a $3 billion measure to build 700 miles of fence and 300 miles of vehicle barriers and to beef up the Border Patrol.
    Cornyn, who had spoken against border fencing in the Lina Arroyo, foreground, and other members of La Mujer Obrera tied themselves in plastic chains during a protest Monday outside the Greater El Paso Chamber of Commerce offices where U.S. Sen. John Cornyn spoke.
    past, said in an interview Monday that he had not changed his mind, but that "in some places, urban areas where it's simply possible to come across and get lost in the city, some fencing is possible."
    Outside the offices of the Greater El Paso Chamber of Commerce in Downtown El Paso on Monday, a group of about 30 immigrants' rights advocates picketed.
    "We're here because Sen. Cornyn has been one of the strongest advocates against a comprehensive immigration reform that includes legalization (of undocumented immigrants). His approach has been enforcement only," said Ruben Garcia, director of the Annunciation House, an immigrant shelter. "It is ironic that he is talking to the Chamber of Commerce when chambers of commerce around the country have been in favor of a reform."

Cornyn and Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison, R-Texas, both voted against the immigration reform bill in June.
    In response to the protesters, Cornyn said he had been "an advocate for reform," but that the protracted bill that finally died in late June had been deeply flawed and lacked popular support. "That bill collapsed under its own weight," Cornyn said. "It was just a lack of trust from the American people that we were going to be able to deliver, especially on border security and interior enforcement."
    He also said the Congress needs to rebuild the public's confidence with border security measures first.
    "We're sort of in a credibility-building mode with border security," he said.

Cornyn said he recently co-sponsored an amendment to require the consultation of local, border entities before building border fences.
    The senator also said he supported the DREAM Act, a bill that would allow the legalization of undocumented immigrant teenagers headed for college.
    Cornyn also spoke, briefly, about the war in Iraq, now in its fourth year.
    "We can't leave," Cornyn said. "There is too much talk about leaving Iraq and not enough talk about the consequences of leaving Iraq."
    Among those consequences, Cornyn said Iran's and Hezbollah's influence would expand, a civil war would cost many Iraqi lives and a regional conflict would break out between Sunni-majority countries such as Saudi Arabia and Shiite-majority countries such as Iran.
    A recent Senate vote by Cornyn came into question Monday.
    Tigua Gov. Art Senclair asked the senator why he voted "no" on the ethics reform bill last week.

The bill, making legislators disclose more information about earmarks and about the money they receive from lobbyists, passed anyway.
    Cornyn said Monday that he felt the ethics bill fell short because it left a "gaping hole" when it came to the recording of earmarks.
    Senclair said he was satisfied with the answer.
    "If there's anything he can add to make things more transparent, I'm all for it," Senclair said.

[/quote]

This man is a friend of the illegal movement - I promise you.

He voted the way he did so he could stay in office in order to continue to work to help them.

We do need more border security, but have you ever wondered why suddenly they all think it is a good idea? Because they know they can then tell you, 'well it takes time', 'well the dastardly Democrats wouldn't vote the money', or vice versa.

Ever wonder why these clowns aren't saying we need to punish employers? Why they never mention the fact as long as there are jobs, they will come and they will stay? Because they don't want to do anything about it.

We could put the entire US Army on the border and it would not send one single illegal home - not one. We could begin punishment of the employers - real punishment, and many would go home on their own, at little or no cost to the American taxpayer. Employer punishment would mean we would need to spend less on border security. Without the lure of jobs and freebies - they would not want to come.

Beware of these people ----
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I just spoke to his Washington Office. I told them I had just read on the internet that Senator Cornyn is again siding with illegal aliens through the Dream Act and other comments. Is this true I asked. The gentleman said well it is a little more complicated than that. I said does he support the Dream Act? The guy stammered and said he would refer me to someone else. That someone else did not answer and is supposed to call me back.

I will now call the RNC to tell them with Republicans like this, their money coffers need to be empty because they are siding with lawbreakers, illegally present and they are not representing "WE THE PEOPLE."

Office of the Chairman
    Mike Duncan, RNC Chairman
    Phone: 202-863-8700
    Fax: 202-863-8820
    Email: Chairman@gop.com

http://www.gop.com/ContactUs/

Psalm 37:5
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Senior Member BorderLegionnaire's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaPeach
    I just spoke to his Washington Office. I told them I had just read on the internet that Senator Cornyn is again siding with illegal aliens through the Dream Act and other comments. Is this true I asked. The gentleman said well it is a little more complicated than that. I said does he support the Dream Act? The guy stammered and said he would refer me to someone else. That someone else did not answer and is supposedly to call me back.

I will now call the RNC to tell them with Republicans like this, their money coffers need to be empty because they are siding with lawbreakers, illegally present and they are not representing "WE THE PEOPLE."

Psalm 37:5
    I hate that line "we will call you back!"

I had Clinton's office tell me that! I never received a call back either!

I was crushed! But more angrier!
    Our country's founders cherished liberty, not democracy.
    -Ron Paul

MW
    "It's an issue that is vital to this community. I don't think walls work. I'm glad to hear that he is not for walls," Yung said.
    Wrong answer, Yung. Fences do work when when constructed properly. A fence won't solve all our problems, but it will certainly help! If they didn't work, other countries wouldn't be relying on them so much! Furthermore, why have one around the White House if they don't work? Fences do strengthen security, and that's a fact!

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Do you need motivation to call? Here is what the Illegal Aliens are doing this week

Isn't it wonderful they are using the phone system that American Citizens are paying with tax dollars? I really like the comment “Why do they ask you if you are a resident of the state" Oh and the "im making my white friends call" comment is heart warming as well.

And take a look at the letter at the bottom sent from Mel Martinez to an illegal alien that is here leaching at your expense!

Sen. Bennett (R-UT) (202) 224-5444

Graham (R-SC) (202) 224-5972

Cmon people, lets fill it up today!

Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:03 am Post subject:

Ok, I'll call in a bit.

Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:09 am Post subject:

Called and will be calling

Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:16 am Post subject:

Just called. Staff answered for Bennet (used Salt Lake City, UT zip 8413 and left a message for Graham.

Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:18 am Post subject:

Thank you, lilbawler2001 for taking the initiative to focus our efforts. People, we must participate in these calling campaigns! DREAM'S passage requires our PASSION and not our passive participation or worse, apathy. If you say you are passionate about DREAM passing, you will not think twice to participate in these campaigns.

The issue I have is that there are but a few very dedicated members on this forum that are willing to take the lead on things. Instead, we have many that are quick to follow but very slow in taking action when there is no apparent leader for a particular activity. I read many "I'd do this, but I can't because of this," type of comments. This is not a shot at those that post such comments, because in all honesty we have all succumb to that line of thinking at one point or another in our struggle for DREAM. However, if the fact that DREAM has languished in the Senate for 6 years has not yet ignited your passion to act, then perhaps your wishes and hopes for DREAM's passage are not that sincere.

Some will say that it is not the responsibility of members to participate if they do not feel compelled; that they have the choice to act or not. And as sad as that thought is, I will concede its validity. Everyone has their lives to lead, and taking care of number one is the first priority. I understand that completely. But let this be a call to action for those that are merely sitting, hoping, and praying that DREAM will pass: IT WILL NOT PASS WITHOUT YOUR FULL COOPERATION AND PARTICIPATION. Despite whatever personal struggles you may have, I ask that you take whatever time you can to participate. Be it as little as 10-15 minutes a day, but whatever you can give would be greatly appreciated.

Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:44 am Post subject:

rock steady wrote:
    Thank you, lilbawler2001 for taking the initiative to focus our efforts. People, we must participate in these calling campaigns! DREAM'S passage requires our PASSION and not our passive participation or worse, apathy. If you say you are passionate about DREAM passing, you will not think twice to participate in these campaigns.

The issue I have is that there are but a few very dedicated members on this forum that are willing to take the lead on things. Instead, we have many that are quick to follow but very slow in taking action when there is no apparent leader for a particular activity. I read many "I'd do this, but I can't because of this," type of comments. This is not a shot at those that post such comments, because in all honesty we have all succumb to that line of thinking at one point or another in our struggle for DREAM. However, if the fact that DREAM has languished in the Senate for 6 years has not yet ignited your passion to act, then perhaps your wishes and hopes for DREAM's passage are not that sincere.

Some will say that it is not the responsibility of members to participate if they do not feel compelled; that they have the choice to act or not. And as sad as that thought is, I will concede its validity. Everyone has their lives to lead, and taking care of number one is the first priority. I understand that completely. But let this be a call to action for those that are merely sitting, hoping, and praying that DREAM will pass: IT WILL NOT PASS WITHOUT YOUR FULL COOPERATION AND PARTICIPATION. Despite whatever personal struggles you may have, I ask that you take whatever time you can to participate. Be it as little as 10-15 minutes a day, but whatever you can give would be greatly appreciated.

Great Speech man. I am amazed that this forums has hundreds of members, yet theres is about 10 people calling. THIS IS SURREAL. I honestly dont think that people care anymore. I beg you to prove me wrong. We have a few members that call regularly, day after day. We have people that dont call, but join a calling campaign when there is one. We also have some very dedicated members like GrumpyDreamer that would even go on a hunger strike to fight for our cause. However, there is a fourth group of people that feel as if though they are not obligated to do anything and just complain about their situation. I despise those people. Words cannot express how I fel about you, because after all this you still dont bother to pick up your phone and make one little phone call.

Maybe you think it is too late to start calling. It is NEVER too late to call. But it is never too early either.

Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:44 am Post subject:

InTheShadows wrote:
    Just called. Staff answered for Bennet (used Salt Lake City, UT zip 8413 and left a message for Graham.

press 2 to talk to a staff member for Graham

Last edited by boptillyoudrop on Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:46 am; edited 1 time in total

Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:45 am Post subject:

SC Zip code 29617

Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:49 am Post subject:

when something bad happens we get a lot of people making posts and complaining yet can't they take the time to let us know when they are calling??? Because it's not encouraging at all when we don't know who is calling and who is not.

Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:52 am Post subject:

I second that. Just over the weekend I tried starting a voicemail campaign and the entire thread consisted of two or three posts to Tasksgirl and the rest to essentially, myself. I'm with you. I'm calling and I've been calling.

Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:53 am Post subject:

boptillyoudrop wrote:
    SC Zip code 29617

just use any zipcode when you call their washington numbers because they dont care.

Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:53 am Post subject:

im making my white friends call.

Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:55 am Post subject:

lilbawler2001 wrote:
    boptillyoudrop wrote:
    SC Zip code 29617

just use any zipcode when you call their washington numbers because they dont care.

why do they ask you if you are a resident of that state then? or for a zip code?

Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:58 am Post subject:

boptillyoudrop wrote:
    lilbawler2001 wrote:
    boptillyoudrop wrote:
    SC Zip code 29617

why do they ask you if you are a resident of that state then? or for a zip code?

I think they care. Just use this site http://www.melissadata.com/lookups/countyzip.asp

Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 12:07 pm Post subject: Done

I just called and I am going to wait for a few hours to do it again.

Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 12:40 pm Post subject:

i called them both, and will call again later

Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 1:59 pm Post subject:

Im calling and so are 15 other people from an organization in my college, every day.

Many of you have said that they feel shy when they call, so I am putting together some scripts that you can follow. They will be divided in three categories:

1. Current Sponsor and Co-Sponsors
    2. Past Co-Sponsors and supporters
    3. Rest of the Senate/Possible Opposers

We need to call current sponsors and urge them to bring the bill to the floor and make every effort to pass it this year.

We need to call previous sponsors and supporters and ask them to become Co-sponsors.

And we need to call the rest of the senate and opposers, and let them know that the Dream Act will only increase the strength of our country by adding more servicemen and professionals into society.

Current Sponsors.

Sponsor
    1 Sen. Durbin (D-IL) (202) 224-2152

Co-Sponsors
    2 Sen. Bayh (D-IN) (202) 224-5623
    3 Sen. Biden (D-DE) (202) 224-5042
    4 Sen. Bingaman (D-NM) (202) 224-5521
    5 Sen. Boxer (D-CA) (202) 224-3553
    6 Sen. Cantwell (D-WA) (202) 224-3441
    7 Sen. Clinton (D-NY) (202) 224-4451
    8 Sen. Dodd (D-CT) (202) 224-2823
    9 Sen. Feingold (D-WI) (202) 224-5323
    10 Sen. Feinstein (D-CA) (202) 224-3841
    11 Sen. Harkin (D-IA) (202) 224-3254
    12 Sen. Kennedy (D-MA) (202) 224-4543
    13 Sen. Kerry (D-MA) (202) 224-2742
    14 Sen. Leahy (D-VT) (202) 224-4242
    15 Sen. Lieberman (I/D–CT)(202) 224-4041
    16 Sen. Menendez (D-NJ) (202) 224-4744
    17 Sen. Murray (D-WA) (202) 224-2621
    18 Sen. Nelson, Bill (D-FL) (202) 224-5274
    19 Sen. Obama (D-IL) (202) 224-2854
    20 Sen. Reid (D-NV) (202) 224-3542
    21 Sen. Whitehouse (D-RI) (202) 224-2921
    22 Sen. Hagel (R-NE) (202) 224-4224
    23 Sen. Lugar (R-IN) (202) 224-4814
    24 Sen. Craig (R-ID) (202) 224-2752
    25 Sen. Crapo (R-ID) (202) 224-6142
    26 Sen. McCain (R-AZ) (202) 224-2235

Hi, I am calling from…… to thank Senator …….’s sponsorship for the Dream Act. I believe we can pass the Dream ACT this year and give a much needed opportunity to many thousands of students. I thank the senator for his/her work.

Past Co-Sponsors and supporters

Past Co-Sponsors
    27 Sen. Akaka (D-HI) (202) 224-6361
    28 Sen. Carper (D-DE) (202) 224-2441
    29 Sen. Kohl (D-WI) (202) 224-5653
    30 Sen. Lautenberg (D-NJ) (202) 224-3224
    31 Sen. Levin (D-MI) (202) 224-6221
    32 Sen. Lincoln (D-AR) (202)224-4843
    33 Sen. Mikulski (D-MD) (202) 224-4654
    34 Sen. Reed (D-RI) (202) 224-4642
    35 Sen. Schumer (D-NY) (202) 224-6542
    36 Sen. Landrieu (D-LA) (202) 224-5824
    37 Sen. Ben Nelson (D-NE) (202) 224-6551
    38 Sen. Pryor (D-AR) (202) 224-2353
    39 Sen. Brownback (R-KS) (202) 224-6521
    40 Sen. Coleman (R-MN) (202) 224-5641
    41 Sen. Collins (R-ME) (202) 224-2523
    42 Sen. Grassley (R-IA) (202) 224-3744
    43 Sen. Hatch (R-UT) (202) 224-5251

Possible Future Co-Sponsors (Voted for CIR)
    44 Sen. Bennett (R-UT) (202) 224-5444
    45 Sen. Cardin (D-MD) (202) 224-4524
    46 Sen. Casey (D-PA) (202) 224-6324
    47 Sen. Conrad (D-ND) (202) 224-2043
    48 Sen. Graham (R-SC) (202) 224-5972
    49 Sen. Gregg (R-NH) (202) 224-3324
    50 Sen. Inouye (D-HI) (202) 224-3934
    51 Sen. Klobuchar (D-MN) (202) 224-3244
    52 Sen. Kyl (R-AZ) (202) 224-4521
    53 Sen. Lott (R-MS) (202) 224-6253
    54 Sen. Martinez (R-FL) (202) 224-3041
    55 Sen. Salazar (D-CO) (202) 224-5852
    56 Sen. Snowe (R-ME) (202) 224-5344
    57 Sen. Specter (R-PA) (202) 224-4254
    58 Sen. Wyden (D-OR) (202) 224-5244

Current Senators that replaced Co-Sponsors not mentioned above
    59 Sen. Brown (D-OH) (202) 224-2315 replaced Sen. DeWine
    60 Sen. Burr (R-NC) (202) 224-3154 replaced Sen. Edwards

Hi, I am calling from ....... to ask for Senator .........'s support and co-sponsorship for the Dream Act. Senator ……. Has shown support in the past for the Dream ACT and his co-sponsorship on the current bill (S.774) would advance and support our cause enormously. I would like to thank the senator for his/her support thank you.

Message for Sen Brown
    Hi, I am calling from ....... to ask for Senator Brown's support and co-sponsorship for the Dream Act. Senator Dewine showed support in the past for the Dream ACT and Senator Brown’s co-sponsorship on the current bill (S.774) would advance and support our cause enormously. I would like to thank the senator for his/her support thank you.

Message for Sen. Burr
    Hi, I am calling from ....... to ask for Senator Burr’s support and co-sponsorship for the Dream Act. Senator Edwards showed support in the past for the Dream ACT and Senator Burr’s co-sponsorship on the current bill (S.774) would advance and support our cause enormously. I would like to thank the senator for his/her support thank you.

Rest of the Senate

Rest of the senate
    61 Sen. Alexander (R-TN) (202) 224-4944
    62 Sen. Allard (R-CO) (202) 224-5941
    63 Sen. Barrasso (R-WY) (202) 224-6441
    64 Sen. Baucus (D-MT) (202) 224-2651
    65 Sen. Bond (R-MO) (202) 224-5721
    66 Sen. Bunning (R-KY) (202) 224-4343
    67 Sen. Byrd (D-WV) (202) 224-3954
    68 Sen. Chambliss (R-GA) (202) 224-3521
    69 Sen. Coburn (R-OK) (202) 224-5754
    70 Sen. Cochran (R-MS) (202) 224-5054
    71 Sen. Corker (R-TN) (202) 224-3344
    72 Sen. Cornyn (R-TX) (202) 224-2934
    73 Sen. DeMint (R-SC) (202) 224-6121
    74 Sen. Dole (R-NC) (202) 224-6342
    75 Sen. Domenici (R-NM) (202) 224-6621
    76 Sen. Dorgan (D-ND) (202) 224-2551
    77 Sen. Ensign (R-NV) (202) 224-6244
    78 Sen. Enzi (R-WY) (202) 224-3424
    79 Sen. Hutchison (R-TX) (202) 224-5922
    80 Sen. Inhofe (R-OK) (202) 224-4721
    81 Sen. Isakson (R-GA) (202) 224-3643
    82 Sen. Webb (D-VA) (202) 224-4024
    83 Sen. McCaskill (D-MO) (202) 224-6154
    84 Sen. McConnell (R-KY) (202) 224-2541
    85 Sen. Murkowski (R-AK) (202) 224-6665
    86 Sen. Roberts (R-KS) (202) 224-4774
    87 Sen. Rockefeller (D-WV) (202) 224-6472
    88 Sen. Sanders (I-VT) (202) 224-5141
    89 Sen. Sessions (R-AL) (202) 224-4124
    90 Sen. Shelby (R-AL) (202) 224-5744
    91 Sen. Smith (R-OR) (202) 224-3753
    92 Sen. Stabenow (D-MI) (202) 224-4822
    93 Sen. Stevens (R-AK) (202) 224-3004
    94 Sen. Sununu (R-NH) (202) 224-2841
    95 Sen. Tester (D-MT) (202) 224-2644
    96 Sen. Thune (R-SD) (202) 224-2321
    97 Sen. Vitter (R-LA) (202) 224-4623
    98 Sen. Voinovich (R-OH) (202) 224-3353
    99 Sen. Warner (R-VA) (202) 224-2023

Hi, I am calling from ....... to ask for Senator .........'s support for the Dream Act. There are thousands of students waiting to join the armed forces and to have a chance to attend college and The Dream Act could provide this opportunity for them. The Dream act can only strengthen our country. Thank you.

Responce from sellout Mel
    Below is a response to the recent comments I received from you:

Dear Ms. S.:

Thank you for contacting me regarding your support for higher education benefits for immigrants. I appreciate hearing from you and would like to take this opportunity to respond.

As an immigrant myself, I believe we need to secure our borders while looking for ways to improve our failed immigration system. Further, I firmly believe in the promise and opportunity that this great country can provide to all who seek it. I support providing educational benefits for immigrants as a part of comprehensive immigration reform. Making higher education available to immigrants will help speed their assimilation and unlock their potential to contribute to our country.

A number of bills have been introduced regarding higher education benefits for immigrants. Provisions similar to the DREAM Act have been incorporated into a number of measures, including comprehensive immigration reform legislation. Rest assured that I will remain mindful of your support for the DREAM Act as a tool for helping immigrants achieve a higher education as we proceed in the 110th Congress.

Again, thank you for sharing your views with me. If you have any additional questions or comments, please do not hesitate to contact me. In addition, for more information about issues and activities important to Florida, please sign up for my weekly newsletter at http://martinez.senate.gov.
    Sincerely,

Mel Martinez
    United States Senator[/quote]

Senator Lamar Alexander of Tennessee is again undecided on the Dream Act. Does that man ever make up his mind?

Senator Bob Corker has not made up his mind either.

Psalm 139:14
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Wow! LaRaza et. al. are really pushing this DREAM.

That's why it's soooooooooo important to defeat it. It would take a lot of wind out of their sails.

Republicans really need to stop this, and Cornyn, Craig, Lugar, Hagel are not helping.

We have to stay on top of the phone lines, faxes, and emails for this one.

When American citizens communicate with the office of a senator they are screened for zip code to make sure they are in the senator’s voting district. Yet illegal immigrants’ calls are given the same consideration and not only are they not eligible to vote for the senator they are not a legal resident of the state or of the country. If the senators don’t want to hear from an American Citizen who lives outside their voting district, they certainly should not be taking calls from people who are in their district illegally. I’d like to hear how they reconcile this.