Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Senator Mitch McConnell Immigration Reform

Bipartisan Proposal for Border Security, Immigration Reform
    from the Office of Senator Mitch McConnell

Thursday, May 17, 2007

‘Secure borders, real security infrastructure are required for my support of any legislation’

Washington, D.C. – U.S. Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell made the following statement Thursday regarding the bipartisan proposal on border security and immigration reform:

“It’s encouraging to see a group of Senators from such a wide arc of the political spectrum reach an agreement on one of the most difficult issues facing our nation. The need to secure our borders, and to have a real security infrastructure in place is critical; it’s a requirement for my support of any legislation. I believe the agreement is far stronger than the bill the Senate produced last year. I will review the text of the bill and I hope to be able to support it when the Senate turns to this issue next week."

###

http://mcconnell.senate.gov/record.cfm? ... 55&start=1
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

I believe the agreement is far stronger than the bill the Senate produced last year. I will review the text of the bill and I hope to be able to support it when the Senate turns to this issue next week."
    What a gas bag.
    <div>Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of congress; but I repeat myself. Mark Twain</div>