Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Senators question tactic in N.C. immigration arrests

http://www.herald-sun.com/state/6-658295.html

Senators question tactic in N.C. immigration arrests

Oct 18, 2005 : 6:27 pm ET

RALEIGH, N.C. -- Five U.S. senators have questioned a ruse used in July by federal immigration officials to arrest dozens of immigrants working without proper documents at Seymour Johnson Air Force Base in North Carolina.

The immigrants on construction crews were told to attend a safety meeting, but 48 were arrested once they arrived.

The senators said in a letter written Monday to Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff that they support efforts to enforce the law.

"But we cannot condone operations, such as the one conducted in Goldsboro, that put both American and foreign workers at risk by generating distrust of important workplace safety agencies like OSHA," the letter said.

Democratic Sens. Russell Feingold of Wisconsin, Ted Kennedy of Massachusetts, Patty Murray of Washington and Patrick Leahy of Vermont, along with Sen. Jim Jeffords, I-Vt., signed the letter.

The ruse was an accepted law enforcement tactic that was used for the safety of the workers and the officers involved, said Jamie Zuieback of U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement. She also said the agency said it would coordinate future operations with OSHA if it involved using the agency's name.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

It's time to start our list of members of Congress we want to see challenged and replaced. I say we start with these. What ya say?

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC
    It's time to start our list of members of Congress we want to see challenged and replaced. I say we start with these. What ya say?

W
    I'm game.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

"The immigrants on construction crews were told to attend a safety meeting, but 48 were arrested once they arrived. "

I almost fell out of my chair! LOLOLOLOL.

So its ok for Bush to deceive the American people but when a state does it to arrest people illegal isnt isnt ok, hmm what is wrong with this picture?

P

I vaguely remember some mention of free doughnuts. It was probably the "free" part that was their downfall!

Vote em out!

The senators said in a letter written Monday to Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff that they support efforts to enforce the law.

"But we cannot condone operations, such as the one conducted in Goldsboro, that put both American and foreign workers at risk by generating distrust of important workplace safety agencies like OSHA," the letter said.
    Talk about a major contradictory statement. Yeah you guys support law enforcement by criticizing them for doing their jobs. It's apparent to me that these communists would rather stick up for the foreign criminal then they would for those who vote them into office. Wake up America. It's time for a revolution at the polls. Please get out there and vote these slime balls out of office in 2006. These politicans won't listen to us and voting them out of office is the only answer. Please for the love of God get rid of the biggest scumbag traitor of them all Ted Kennedy who started this whole mess in the first place.
    Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn