Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Sending Troops to the Mexican Border Is Not the Answer

Sending Troops to the Mexican Border Is Not the Answer
    By Alex Nowrasteh

Published May 29, 2010
    FOXNews.com
    Comments (84)

Giving in to Republican pressure, President Obama ordered 1,200 National Guard troops to Arizona this week and is seeking an additional $500 million for border security. Yet for all these big numbers, troops on the border, walls, and harsh laws like Arizona’s SB 1070 will not deter illegal immigration. Only legalization and expanding options for legal immigration can do that.

Only sound legislation—amending the immigration laws to fit reality—will take a permanent bite out of illegal immigration. The last immigration bill proposed in Washington, the Comprehensive Immigration Reform for America’s Security and Prosperity Act of 2009 (CIR ASAP), ignited a passionate debate on Capitol Hill over legalizing non-criminal aliens. But legalization is only half the battle: Expanding legal immigration options is what is needed.

According to the Pew Research Center, there were 10.8 million illegal immigrants in the U.S. in 2009. Illegal immigration is a relatively recent phenomenon in the nation’s history. Prior to the 1920s, with some notable exceptions, the U.S. was a free immigration country. The 1921 Emergency Quota Act changed all that. It might as well have been called the “Illegal Immigration Creation Act of 1921.â€

Giving in to Republican pressure, President Obama ordered 1,200 National Guard troops to Arizona this week and is seeking an additional $500 million for border security. Yet for all these big numbers, troops on the border, walls, and harsh laws like Arizona’s SB 1070 will not deter illegal immigration. Only legalization and expanding options for legal immigration can do that.
    Been there, done that. IT DOES NOT WORK! Securing the border and enforcing our laws is the only thing that's going to stop illegal immigration. If there is no reason for them to come, they will stop coming. It's a load of bunk that we need to legalize these criminals as a pre-condition to enforcing our laws. I suppose we could legalize bank robberies to solve that problem, too, huh?

And I might remind people that we already allow over 2 million foreign nationals into this country legally every year. How many is enough . . 5 million, 40 million, unlimited?
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Violence in Mexico is a real and growing concern but it has yet to spill over into America in any meaningful way

I dare this alleged "journalist" to look the family of Robert Krentz in the face and tell them that his murder is not "meaningful".

In fact, I dare him to look the family of EVERY SINGLE victim of violence which has streamed across our border from Mexico in the eye and tell them that this has reached no "meaningful" point.

Or, does it only become "meaningful" when it directly impacts him or someone he knows?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Nowrasteh's OpEd piece has a simple message: eliminate criminal behaviour by legalizing the criminals and those who abet them. And not one word about American teens who can't get a summer job, American college and technical school students who can't get a part time job, American adults who would take an entry level job if only they could one, or Anmerican seniors who now are also being undercut by illegals. And of course not one word about illegals illegaly receiving public assistance.

If anyone wonders what the United States would look like if it were run for the convenience of employers, well it would look just the way it already does: Open Borders, Come And Get It.

Quote Originally Posted by tinybobidaho
    Been there, done that. IT DOES NOT WORK! Securing the border and enforcing our laws is the only thing that's going to stop illegal immigration. If there is no reason for them to come, they will stop coming. It's a load of bunk that we need to legalize these criminals as a pre-condition to enforcing our laws. I suppose we could legalize bank robberies to solve that problem, too, huh?

And I might remind people that we already allow over 2 million foreign nationals into this country legally every year. How many is enough . . 5 million, 40 million, unlimited?

I dare him to take his family and friends and go live on the border if he thinks it's so secure...
    As Aristotle said, “Tolerance and apathy are the first virtue of a dying civilization.â€

oops, I meant that comment to be in azwreath's quote...
    As Aristotle said, “Tolerance and apathy are the first virtue of a dying civilization.â€

That author implying our borders are secure and that this is not an EMERGENCY situation in time of WAR? My A..(self censored by Markb) Has anyone in Washington DC managed to notice that our United States is in two MAJOR wars overseas at the moment as well as a Domestic invasion by our enemies? Why the H are they spending 1.59 TRILLION UNFUNDED, UN-BUDGETED dollars a year then? Why after 9 years of constant war has these UNFUNDED WARS amassed a 14 TRILLION DOLLAR DEBT? ALL 9/11 terrorists WERE illegal aliens! WE ARE AT WAR RIGHT NOW, and prudence demands that we defend our borders and people -- any thing less IS HIGH TREASON!

Isn't Mexican soldiers holding a Border Patrol agent at gunpoint to stop him from apprehending illegal aliens on American soil a big deal? Assaults on U.S. Border Patrol agents by Mexican soldiers, including automatic weapons fire, increased dramatically since 2005. The Mexican military poses a clear and present threat to the United States. Since 1999 there were more than 600 assaults on Border Patrol agents by the Mexican military with automatic weapons and tanks! It's disgraceful and it continues unabated, and it is NOT accidental. This is a war against the United States. Congress and President commit treason giving aid and comfort to these enemies while failing to defend us.

Put the military of the United States of America in charge of protecting our borders PERIOD. The problem will be solved! The United States Military is efficient in war and defense, let them do their job. Let Americans live in peace.

God Bless America. God Bless the Military of the United States!
    Suppose you were an idiot and suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.