Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Sessions: "We need to throw out this system"

PILGRIM: Senator Sessions, you wrote an op-ed in yesterday's "Washington Times" which we'd like to refer to. It criticizes the Pence-Hutchinson immigration reform proposal. And so we'll bring this up and take some of your points. You criticized the plan on four key points. You say it will allow for a virtually unlimited number of immigrants to come to the United States.

It favors low-skilled workers. It provides more preferences for the eight NAFTA and CAFTA countries over the rest of the world. And it gives no preference for English language or employment skills that help make immigrants a success to our economy. Are you concerned that this sort of a compromise plan may be the way it goes?

SESSIONS: You know, we need a comprehensive reform. I really believe that. We need to throw out this system and develop a new system of immigration that serves America's national interests, our legitimate interests as a nation. And that includes accepting people who have higher skills. It includes allowing people to apply and wait in line based on merit.

We're not doing that. It should reject something like this plan and almost every other plan that says it allows temporary workers, but they get to bring their families, they get to extend, extend, extend for 12, 15, 17 years. By then, nobody can ask those people to leave. Their children are in high school or in college.

So we need to be really realistic and establish a new plan for the future that we can enforce as well as enforcing the border. And we do a good workplace enforcement with a biometric identifier so that people can't commit fraud. And we work the border and we have an honest and fair system of who should be admitted. I think we can make it work. Right now, we are a long way away from that.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/ ... dt.01.html
    [b]Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.
    - Arnold J. Toynbee

I so love Senator Sessions.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

And we do a good workplace enforcement with a biometric identifier so that people can't commit fraud
    I think Sessions is great too, but bluntly, this scares me.

I agree with Senator Sessions on most of this, but I don't necessarily think a biometeric identifier is not a very good idea. I don't trust our government enough to not use it to their advantage.

I think what we need are stricter laws, and more tightly worded laws. No loop holes whatsoever for lawyers to exploit, and eliminate the deportation courts. If you are proven to be here illegaly, don't give them an court appearance order. Give them a one way bus ticket back.
    "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same results is the definition of insanity. " Albert Einstein.

If you are proven to be here illegaly, don't give them an court appearance order. Give them a one way bus ticket back.
    That's the ticket (he he : he lol: ) sippy!!!

Seriously, truer words were never spoken!!

Quote Originally Posted by CheyenneWoman
    If you are proven to be here illegaly, don't give them an court appearance order. Give them a one way bus ticket back.
    That's the ticket (he he : he lol: ) sippy!!!

Seriously, truer words were never spoken!!
    Woman, you're a riot!

I also agree with the bus ticket rather than plane ticket. That way we can send more home.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

had_enuf, sometimes you just have to laugh or you'll cry.

I do wish we had a "sarcasm" emoticon. Can we petition W, ya think?

They've got a lot more at the MCDC forum . . . couldn't we cop a few - like this one?

or this one:

And we do a good workplace enforcement with a biometric identifier so that people can't commit fraud
    I agree with Cheyene on this one, NO government (this one or any other) should be trusted with that technology.
    "Liberty CANNOT be preserved without general knowledge among people" John Adams (August 1765)

I'd like to hear more what he is talking about. IF he is talking about a national ID then I am with you guys who are opposed to such. However if he is talking about an ID used by temp workers and/or visa holders I'd be willing to listen to what he has to say and explain exactly what he means by biometric.
    [b]Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.
    - Arnold J. Toynbee

Altura, I would also be willing to listen to his proposal if it were to only be used by temp workers. And yes, more clarification on what he means by biometric.
    "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same results is the definition of insanity. " Albert Einstein.