Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

The Sham Bush Admin "Illegal Immigration " Crackdo

The Sham Bush Admin "Illegal Immigration" Crackdown

As usual with President Bush lately, what he says is the case is quite the opposite. Skeletor (aka Homeland Security sec Chertoff) and Commerce Sec Carlos Gutierrez announced what is being touted as a "crackdown" on illegal immigration, but in fact is amnesty and an expansion of the so-called Guest Worker programs already in existence. You didn't know we have about 18 of them, did you?

I've been especially struck with the uniform reporting of this Amnesty/Guest Worker plan as a "crackdown" or "enforcement." If you simply read the thing, it becomes quite clear that it's neither. The EM, of course, also wants amnesty and open borders, so they're more than happy to help perpetuate the Bush lie that his admin is actually doing something about the continuing scourge. The insult here is not only is that not rue, he's doing the opposite.

This is one of my favorite headlines. You have to get 12 paragraphs down to get the real story.

Government goes after identity fakers

Under the new employer regulations — which go into effect in one month — employers who receive so-called "no-match" letters that identify discrepancies in a worker's tax records will have 90 days to resolve the problem.

The reason could be a clerical error or a name change because of marriage, but such irregularities often suggest the employees may be using a phony Social Security number to qualify for work.

If legal status can't be confirmed within 90 days, the employee must be fired.

Gee, I wonder if we, after committing the federal crime of falsifying federal documents or another crime of using a stolen identity, would get a letter simply telling us we have 90 days to get our act together? And what is the option for those who have used false documents? Why, get hooked up with the existing Guest Worker program, of course. And rules are being 'streamlined' to help make that happen. Yes, this is called "amnesty" attached to a "Guest Worker" program.

Gutierrez also said that to lessen the impact on businesses, the administration would streamline and improve temporary visa programs that allow foreign workers to come to the United States for agricultural and other seasonal jobs.

Yeah. I'm sure. Bully for you.

Here's a summary of the highlights of the bill, none of which, by the way, has been funded. SO essentially it's meaningless, but they will implement the easing of the rules for the existing GW programs I'm sure. And the other thing we have to keep an eye on, is for the Fed to come back and say, after having this sham around for a few months, that now they've implemented "enforcement" let's get that amnesty bill back on track!

Mark my words, that is their plan. Here, courtesy of the San Jose Mercury News, are the 'highlights' of their sham:

—Hold employers liable for employing workers who have been notified of problems with their Social Security information and have not resolved those problems in 90 days. [Amnesty]

—Reduce the number of documents employers can accept to verify a worker's eligibility. [Meaningless]

—Raise civil fines imposed on employers who knowingly hire illegal immigrants by about 25 percent. [Meaningless. They always argue they don't know, and the Feds have to pursue this which they won't.]

—Prevent illegal immigrants who have agreed to leave the country from remaining in the country through legal maneuvers by making them subject to deportation if arrested and fining them $3,000. [Meaningless. And which illegal aliens 'agree' to leave? Those already convicted of crimes? And note the wobbly language, 'subject to' and 'if.' Doesn't mean either will ever happen.]

—Direct the Labor Department to make changes to the H2A agricultural seasonal worker program so it is easier for farmers to use, provides them workers on time and protects workers' rights. [Crackdown on illegal immigration? This is the expansion of an existing Guest Worker program]

—Correct processing delays in the H2B program for hiring seasonal workers for the landscaping, hospitality and other industries. [More expansion, to help all those identity thieves and SSN card forgers who need to be assimilated into the system after their amnesty]

—Extend from one year to three the duration of a visa for hiring professional workers from Canada and Mexico to attract more such workers to the U.S. [Guest worker expansion, open border facilitation.]

—Spend more money to speed up background checks on immigrants. [Not more comprehensive background checks, let's just cut the the stupid, irrelevant one-day thing we do now to an hour or two, opening the borders and working in those illegals who've been caught via the 'crackdown' on identity theft]

—Require the Social Security administration and Department of Homeland Security to devise a way to prevent undocumented workers from earning credit in the Social Security system for work they've done while in the country illegally. [Meaningless. 'Devise a way'? How long? When? What's their deadline? Absolutely meaningless pandering]

—Expand lists of organized gangs from other nations whose members are barred from automatic entry to the United States. [Expands lists. Great. That'll stop illegal aliens. And gang members. More lists. Terrific. And meaningless]

—Continue to work on creating a system that will record the exit of foreigners from the country for air, land and sea ports. [Yea, we found out we don't have one during the amnesty debate. Genius. But how about this--how about 'continuing to work on a system that will record THE ENTRY of foreigners INTO" this country??]

—By Jan. 31, 2008, begin phasing in requirements for U.S. citizens traveling to Canada, Mexico or the Caribbean to carry passports to re-enter the country at sea and land ports. [Great. This is the already existing passport requirement that we tried to implement this year and couldn't because the passport people got too overwhelmed.]

—Homeland Security Department will deliver "state of the border" reports regularly. [Ooh, well, that'll make all the difference. Not.]

Posted by Tammy · August 11, 2007 05:07 PM ·

http://tammybruce.com/2007/08/the_sham_bush_admin.php
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Forgive me if I'm being incredibly stupid here, but what "Bill" is being spoken about here?

As far as I knew, what we've been hearing about is a crack down based upon our existing laws, increased penalties, etc.....not anything having to do with any new "Bill"

If that were the case, I'm almost positive that, just like all other pending bills, this one would have been discussed and reviewed inch by inch here.

I'm just not quite certain where this analysis of what the cracxk down really means, has been arrived at??? Can someone explain?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

While I would not trust Bush it is obvious that blogger Tammy Bruce is an ignorant person. A lot of what she is saying here is either plain wrong or just conjectural.
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    While I would not trust Bush it is obvious that blogger Tammy Bruce is an ignorant person. A lot of what she is saying here is either plain wrong or just conjectural.

ITA, we can't trust Bush....although I do think that we're seeing a case of back pedaling to save some hides, including his own, from the big trouble they see coming.

I, myself, thought that this post contained a lot of wrong information and conjecture on her part, but then again, I don't know anything about her. In fact, up until now, I'd never heard of her.

We have a pretty bright bunch group of people here and I haven't seen anything here like the interpretation coming from Tammy Bruce. Thought I'd missed something!!

http://www.tammybruce.com/

Tammy Bruce has been an activist in Southern California for two decades. She has been a staunch voice against illegal immigration long before the "grand compromise" was proposed.

She did err in that column by referring to a "bill," and her critique of some aspects may have been a little far fetched. But I think we all share the basic skepticism that she puts forth.

I don't the person who authored this - but I do know a lot about this President.

There is no way I believe he is doing anything - and I mean anything - - that will make the situation better for America or its people.

He isn't backpedaling, he hasn't 'seen the light', he isn't resigned to doing what is right. He is showing us all this with a flourish of his right hand, like a magician, while doing something even worse behind our backs.

We can't, just can't even accept a sliver of the idea that President Bush is frightened of the American people - he may be frightened of his 'employers' (that's not us). He may be frightened that he won't get accomplished what he was paid to do, and time may be running out.

Ask yourselves why the main stream media would be printing all these stories if this were true. They have never wanted us to know the extent of illegals here - or any truth about illegals. They are part of the charade - I hope we don't buy it.

We put a halt to the amnesty bill - I dont' think they will try that again. They have another plan - and I think this is it.