Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Sheriff Joe visits Tucson, protesters denounce arrival

Anthony Cabrera Reports

Posted: Jan 25, 2008 05:27 PM MST

Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio was in Tucson Friday, speaking to the Pima County Republican Women's Club. And protesting outside was the Derechos Humanos Coalition, denouncing his arrival.

"Arpiao no! Arpiao no!" they yelled, as members tried to make a statement to both Sheriff Joe and the Women's Club.

"They are very insensitive and irresponsible to have invited a gentleman who has proved not only so divisive and polarizing in Phoenix, but has cost the state of Arizona over $41 million," Derechos Humanos co-chair, Isabel Garcia said.

"I think as women, they should know better," Maria Cariasco said. "No matter if they're republican. They should know our communities don't need more problems than what we have already."

They call the sheriff intolerant and racist.

"I think we have to let our community know that we don't like him and we don't want racism here," Cariasco said. "We don't want the sheriff's department to be like his."

Protesters say his tactics are inhumane. On the flip side, his supporters say he's just doing his job.

"Oh yes, I support him. The man is doing what he's being paid for. That's what he runs on is law and order and justice. And when you talk about somebody that's here illegally, the word illegally comes into it," Arizona resident Tom Golding said.

The women who attended the luncheon invited him to hear what he's doing and how he's doing it.

"Look at all the money he's saving Maricopa County," Pima County Republican Women's Club member Nicki Nickerson said. "He's innovative. that's what we need."

And the man behind it all says he's up for the fight.

"I'm not racist. I'm just doing my job and I'm going to continue doing," Sheriff Joe said. "They call me Hitler, KKK in Phoenix. They call me every name in the book, which is alright, it doesn't bother me. The more they call me, the harder I fight."

http://kvoa.com/Global/story.asp?S=7776626&nav=HMO6

I call him one hell of a Sheriff and back him all the way!!!!!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Sheriff Arpaio can take the heat, he's used to it. And all because he tries to do the job our federal government won't do.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

"I think as women, they should know better," Maria Cariasco said. "No matter if they're republican.
    hahahahahahahaha

He that speaks much, is much mistaken.
    Benjamin Franklin
    "Distrust and caution are the parents of security."
    Benjamin Franklin

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

girlengineer - We need a link to the source article otherwise I'll have to pull that off the boards. TIA.

I wish Sheriff Arpaio would run for president. Now this is a guy with a proven track record in defending this nation against the illegal invader.

Arpaio's record should be the litmus test for our current crop of so called leaders running for president when they say have been consistent on the issue of illegal immigration.

"They call me Hitler, KKK in Phoenix. They call me every name in the book, which is alright, it doesn't bother me. The more they call me, the harder I fight."

Now that is what America is about

I hope President Romney appoints Sheriff Arpaio to the post of Director of Homeland Security.
    [b] If we do not insist on Voter ID, how can we stop illegals from voting?

arpaio

"I think we have to let our community know that we don't like him and we don't want racism here," Cariasco said. "We don't want the sheriff's department to be like his."

They just raised Sheriff Joe's approval rating by 500%.

I found the link...we need more stories like this! Go Sheriff Joe

http://www.kvoa.com/Global/story.asp?S=7776626
    Bring back the Rotary Phone so we dont have to pressÂ*1 forÂ*English...Â*

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast