Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Sheriff's Uniform Waiting for Shaq

Sheriff's Uniform Waiting for Shaq
    February 7th, 2008 @ 5:50am
    by Jayme West/KTAR

Sheriff Joe Arpaio is excited that Shaq's coming to town.

Arpaio deputized Shaquille O'Neal, who became a Phoenix Sun on Wednesday, two years ago.

``Actually, I made him a colonel after he won the NBA championship (with the Miami Heat in 2006)," Arpaio said after learning of the trade.

``He's a great addition to the Valley. He's a good guy and likes law enforcement, and I hope he'll be good for the Phoenix Suns."

The sheriff added, ``I'm glad he's coming out to my turf. I'm hoping we'll recruit him for our posse. Maybe we'll go after illegal immigrants and other crime."

Arpaio has one concern.

``The only problem I have is he keeps saying he wants to run for sheriff in Florida or California. I hope he doesn't get any ideas here in Phoenix. However, I'd beat him anyway."

Arpaio said he'll have a uniform made for Shaq if he'll join the posse. It will be a big one. O'Neal stands 7-feet-1, weighs 325 pounds and wears a size 23 shoe.

http://ktar.com/?nid=6&sid=725955
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sheriff Joe Arpaio to Use Shaquille O'Neal to Fight Illegal Immigration
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By Josh Hart
    Feb 7, 2008

The Phoenix Suns have a new center in Shaquille O'Neal. Now the world famous "America's toughest sheriff" Joe Arpaio of Maricopa County Arizona wants to put Shaq to work when he is not running up and down the court from the Suns. Sheriff Joe says he is happy that Shaq is coming to the Valley of the Sun as he already knows that the Diesel is tough on crime.

Sheriff Joe Arpaio to Use Shaquille O'Neal (Image: Wenn)

Shaquille O'Neal was traded from the Miami Heat to the Phoenix Suns this week in a NBA blockbuster trade that many believe is a desperation move by the Suns as O'Neal is 36 years old. The Suns dumped "please trade me" four-time All-Star forward Shawn Marion, 29, and backup point guard Marcus Banks to the Heat for O'Neal.

Once he gets settled in Phoenix, expect Sheriff Joe Arpaio to try and grab Shaq and use him for all kinds of purposes. According to local radio station KTAR the two already have a history. "Actually, I made him a colonel after he won the NBA championship (with the Miami Heat in 2006)," Arpaio said after learning of the trade. "He's a great addition to the Valley. He's a good guy and likes law enforcement, and I hope he'll be good for the Phoenix Suns."

And check this out, crime fighter Shaq may have to lend a hand in rounding up illegal immigrants. The sheriff added, ``I'm glad he's coming out to my turf. I'm hoping we'll recruit him for our posse. Maybe we'll go after illegal immigrants and other crime."

http://www.nationalledger.com/artman/pu ... 8743.shtml
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)