http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/artic ... E_ID=51719

She's no Rosa Parks

Posted: August 29, 2006
1:00 a.m. Eastern
Mychal Massie

In recent times and in the Middle Ages, a sanctuary served as asylum, a place of refuge for persons fleeing from violence or from the penalties of law. …Christian churches were given the right of sanctuary by Constantine I. Abuses of sanctuary, tending to encourage crime, led to its curtailment and abolition. Modern penal codes no longer recognize the right to sanctuary. (Columbia University Press – Encyclopedia)
What would have happened if Al Capone or Mafia kingpin John Gotti had decided to seek sanctuary in a church? Would your everyday rank and file law breaker be permitted to hole up in a church under the guise of sanctuary? Would derelict parents who refuse to pay child support be accorded sanctuary in a church to avoid prosecution?

The answer to these questions is a resounding "No – of course not." Why? Because they were/are lawbreakers, i.e., common criminals, and because U.S. penal codes do not recognize the right to sanctuary.

However, once again we see that, thanks to federal officials and President Bush's lax (I correct myself – his non-existent) immigration policy, illegal immigrants are granted rights and privileges that legal U.S. citizen criminals are not.

Elvira Arellano is the current poster child for the special treatment illegal criminals are given. Arellano broke into our country illegally in 1997. She was promptly arrested and deported, only to illegally re-enter a few days later. She lived for three years in Oregon before moving to Chicago in 2000. She was subsequently arrested in a post-9/11 undercover sting code-named Operation Chicagoland Skies. She, along with dozens of other illegals, was working at O'Hare and Midway airports. Convicted of working under a false Social Security number, she was ordered to report to the Department of Homeland Security office for deportation Aug. 15.

She refused, taking refuge in Chicago's Adalberto United Methodist Church. Her reasons for continuing to break the law are legion, including that her 7-year-old son "is a U.S. citizen [and] he doesn't want [her] to go anywhere, so [she's] going to stay with him."

Is this not preposterous or what? Am I the only one outraged by this criminal's arrogant flouting of our laws? She claims she just wants to be a good mother and therefore "deserves" to stay in our country. She conveniently omits that her child was not born until one year after she had illegally entered the country a second time (and then at the taxpayer's expense). My assessment is: She is a criminal who should be deported. She can be a good mother back in Mexico.

She is supported by proponents who apparently believe that U.S. law applies only to U.S. citizens, not illegal aliens. She is also president of United Latino Family – a group that lobbies for families that might be separated by deportation.

Arellano represents the appalling truth that illegals are selfish criminals singularly intent on breaking our laws for personal gain. They claim, as does this person, that they only want to work and raise their families. The problem with that canard is that while they may work, I have become aware that many still collect welfare and food stamps, live in subsidized housing, and not only have their children at taxpayer expense, but enjoy every child welfare program available.

Arellano and millions like her are not the only criminals. Those that aid and abet them are complicit in their villainy as well. Consider Sen. Dick Durbin, D-Ill., who introduced a "private relief bill" Sept. 16, 2003, that passed both House and Senate. Said bill stayed her deportation at that time. She received two subsequent extensions, listed as medical emergencies, because her son has Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder.

While Durbin now claims to have changed his mind about her status, I want to know how an illegal criminal gains access to a U.S. congressman and has him not only introduce a bill, but get the bill passed that enables her to flout federal law?

Walter Coleman, pastor of the church she is holed up in resisting arrest, claims that after praying about her "plight," he doesn't think she should have to choose between leaving her son behind or removing him from his home here.

I want to know what "god" told this so-called pastor to break the law. Was it the same one that told Presbyterian minister Paul Hill to murder an abortion doctor and his bodyguard?

When she was arrested at O'Hare, Arellano was cleaning jetliner cabins. Are we to believe that's a job Americans won't do? Also, why shouldn't we suspect her capable of participating in a terrorist act or plot?

Arellano is now comparing herself to civil rights icon Rosa Parks. She also says she is armed with video cameras to film her potential church arrest. I say she should entitle the anticipated video "Adios Senorita."