Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Should illegal immigrants be allowed to attend Virginia's co

February 1, 2008
    Should illegal immigrants be allowed to attend Virginia's colleges?

Should illegal immigrants living in Virginia be allowed to attend the state's public colleges and universities?

The House of Delegates tentatively said no Friday.

Currently, illegal immigrants are allowed to attend public colleges, but must pay out-of-state tuition. The bill's sponsor says he's trying to honor immigrants who've come to the U.S. and Virginia legally.

He says if illegal immigrants can afford to pay out-of-state tuition, paying tuition at a private college shouldn't be a problem.

But opponents say it's not fair to punish students who were brought to Virginia illegally by their parents.

The State Council for Higher Education estimates there are 800 to 1,000 illegal immigrants currently enrolled in state colleges.

The bill could pass out of the House as early as Monday.

http://www.wdbj7.com/Global/story.asp?S=7810659
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

NO! NO! NO!

VOTE OR SUPPORT MITT ROMNEY. CALL, E-MAIL OR STOP BY YOUR LOCAL REPUBLICAN OFFICE AND ASK THEM TO:

SUPPORT OR VOTE FOR MITT ROMNEY!!!

FALL IN LINE WITH THE ONLY CANDIDATE THAT HAS A TRUE IMMIGRATION AND ECONOMIC PLAN.

UNITE, CALL AND WIN.

I take it your for Mitt

Keep illegal aliens out of our public colleges. Verify id's with social security and immigration.

Quote Originally Posted by tubby
    Keep illegal aliens out of our public colleges. Verify id's with social security and immigration.
    Exactly.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

But opponents say it's not fair to punish students who were brought to Virginia illegally by their parents.
    To all who feel the same way:

When the citizen parents of a citizen child commit a crime, the citizen child ultimately pays for it. Example: I get into a drunken brawl at a bar and later I am accused of busting up the place. Civil charges are brought against me not to mention what's owed to the bar owner. I spend 30 days in jail. Beucase of this, my kids will suffer due to the lack of income from my part, the loss of my job, thus affecting the necessities that they depend on, not to mention the attention they need from me. If I am a renter, my family and I could be evicted for not being able to pay the rent. This is why the system is the way it is. Parents on the verge of committing a crime will think twice about the jeopardy that the crime will place their kids in. It serves as a crime deterent. It may not be fair, but it works, PERIOD!

Illegal aliens and their offspring should not be treated any different. To excuse them from the errors of their parents only adds to the lack of respect for our laws and incourages more illegal immigration. Those who claim, sob, it's not fair, sob..need to grow up and/or quit trying to circumvent the law. Any American citizen realizes this but the ones who still claim unfairness are simply pandering to the illegals--and for what? Their votes? They shouldn't even be voting...they shouldn't even be here, for crying out loud! I hope some Hillary-Bark Obamo idiot-liberal reads this.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)