Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Should illegal immigrants receive amnesty? Yes

<

Should illegal immigrants receive amnesty? Yes
    By:
    Posted: 9/5/08
    Robin Phelps

I will begin with a disclaimer because I know many will refute me in this matter and regard me as un-American.
    Hear me out as I confront this issue and hereby squelch opposing claims by addressing this topic as it relates to our nation fiscally and economically, socially, globally and to me personally.
    The issue of illegal immigrant status has been one debated time and time again. Like many issues, there is no cure-all or black or white. There are only gray areas and exceptions to the numerous rules, laws and policies we put in place to fill our nation's insecurities when it comes to outsiders.
    The U.S. should grant amnesty to illegal immigrants for too many reasons to describe in this short commentary, but I will bring a sound argument and hopefully enrich, or at least evoke thought, in the minds of those who feel our country should not allow illegal immigrants amnesty.
    The current status quo of our nation is the barrier on the border, which attempts to prohibit illegal immigrants from entering the U. S.. According to the United States Management and Budget, the 2008 budget set aside $13 million to strengthen border security and immigration enforcement. In addition, more than 11 million illegal immigrants reside in the U.S., according the July 2008 CIA Factbook.
    Even with border patrol, illegal immigrants still find a way into the country. It is clear that regardless of any physical barrier the U.S. constructs, people will find their way in. Why not focus on the problem of those already in the country?
    Though I hate to quote him on this topic and be misconstrued as a follower, our very own president said it well in this quote: "We need a new way for foreign workers to come here lawfully on a temporary basis and support our economy."
    While many will argue granting amnesty to illegal immigrants or allowing them a chance for citizenship will create competition in the job market and increase unemployment, they are definitely not being real; they just don't want the jobs available; enough said.
    Legalizing the existing illegal Americans who are here is the next step to solving the issue of illegal immigration.
    Though the process in place has positioned many obstacles for illegal immigrants, the guest worker program is a temporary remedy until a solution is found. In the long-run, granting amnesty and allowing citizenship will produce tax payers who will ultimately supplement the U.S. economy.
    When people think of illegal immigration, their quick response is to make them go back home, but what they don't realize is that, for some illegal immigrants, America is a chance to a better lifestyle.
    Our country was based on immigration from the early 1900s when Ellis Island was established and encouraged a diverse society, a "melting pot" of sorts that would be the epicenter for diversity.
    How dare Americans restrict, put out and put obstacles in the way of people who want a better life, especially since this land was never ours to begin with. The only natives in this country are Native Americans, and the U.S. government chased them off to reservations and terrible conditions. The name Trail of Tears says it all.
    So for those who are not of American Indian ancestry, you are in fact an immigrant. America gave you or your ancestors a fair chance to be here, to live, share goals, values and cultures. Technically we are all immigrants.
    Granting amnesty to immigrants should not be a strenuous ordeal requiring "Z" visas that take 18 months to acquire, $5,000 in fees and fines and degrading tests and processing.
    I'm not saying we should open the doors to any and everybody who wishes to live in the U.S., but we should at least offer a fair chance, a pathway to legalization and if nothing else, make them taxpaying citizens.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    © Copyright 2008 The Murray State News

http://media.www.thenews.org/media/stor ... 6239.shtml
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

if that's the best the other side can offer, we're looking good baby.

How old is the author of this piece what grade is she in age 9? Great attempt at understanding the issues if it is for a 3rd or 4th grade paper.
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Your right, I'm an immigrant but I'm a Legal one. My Grandfather came through Ellis Island in the early 20s. He learned the language and did not try to change the culture of America, in other words, he assimilated himself. He never hung the Austrian flag, he never spoke German, in fact he always considered himself an American and only American. So what you said above is utter BS in my opinion.
    "Ask not what your country can do for you but ask what you can do for your country"-John F. Kennedy

Granting amnesty to immigrants should not be a strenuous ordeal requiring "Z" visas that take 18 months to acquire, $5,000 in fees and fines and degrading tests and processing.
    I'm not saying we should open the doors to any and everybody who wishes to live in the U.S., but we should at least offer a fair chance, a pathway to legalization and if nothing else, make them taxpaying citizens.
    So it's OK with you they the Illegals broke our laws and continue to act the same way as if they're in their country of birth . It's ok with you they get Social Services and an Education they have no entitlement to ! It's ok with you they vote Illegal and sway elections . It's ok with you they change America to their liking .
    Well it's OK with me if you leave with them
    Nam vet 1967/1970 Skull & Bones can KMA .Bless our Brothers that gave their all ..It also gives me the right to Vote for Chuck Baldwin 2008 POTUS . NOW or never*

The young lady/man/???

The young lady/man/??? is on the staff of a college newspaper. Naive, perhaps even stupid. May God protect our country from nitwits like this.

So generous with what belomgs to others. So giving of things that I fough to defend.
    I once logged into a site when I saw what I perceived to be a childish defense of illegal immigration and its impacts. After a half hour of reading, I posted, drew some responses and found it was all colleg student blogger and about 75% female.

Thank you God for making women like Laura Ingraham, Michelle Malkin, Mona Charen, Phyllis Schlafly and the thousands of other mature intelligent women.
    The infantile pratings of this person at Murray State and that blog site I went to, could spell disaster for America. Thank heavens there is a counterbalance.

When people think of illegal immigration, their quick response is to make them go back home, but what they don't realize is that, for some illegal immigrants, America is a chance to a better lifestyle.
    What I realize is that every single person who comes to this country is seeking a "better life!" "Seeking a better life" does not give anyone the right to enter this country illegally, or stay simply because certain individuals have been hoodwinked by these criminals into believing they have no other options.

We all know about the "better lifestyle" illegal invaders are seeking when they enter this country illegally. Unfortunately, we Americans are paying out of our own pockets to fund this so called "better lifestyle." I as an American citizen also seek a "better lifestyle," which would be greatly enhanced but for the fact this country being invaded by third world peasants who seem to believe this country owes them a "better lifestyle."This is compounded by the fact there are certain so called Americans (such as yourself) who have also bought into this fallacy.

If you seek a "better life," in this country, do it legally! And I do not care about the time or money it takes to come legally to this country. If you do not have the time nor money, then apply for Canadian citizenship...
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: The young lady/man/???

Quote Originally Posted by misterbill
    The young lady/man/??? is on the staff of a college newspaper. Naive, perhaps even stupid. May God protect our country from nitwits like this.

So generous with what belomgs to others. So giving of things that I fough to defend.
    I once logged into a site when I saw what I perceived to be a childish defense of illegal immigration and its impacts. After a half hour of reading, I posted, drew some responses and found it was all colleg student blogger and about 75% female.

Thank you God for making women like Laura Ingraham, Michelle Malkin, Mona Charen, Phyllis Schlafly and the thousands of other mature intelligent women.
    The infantile pratings of this person at Murray State and that blog site I went to, could spell disaster for America. Thank heavens there is a counterbalance.
    She is no doubt the product of the no borders generation! This is probably the garbage they are teaching in the schools these days! I can only imagine what they are teaching students in the LAUSD. God help us..

YAWN.....

AMNESTY????? ABSOLUTELY NOT! WHY?

Why does the writer of this article want this country to become a second Mexico? The MAJORITY of the ILLEGAL ALIENS are from Mexico, and so many of the areas where they live, now resemble barrios, its unreal.

To allow 30 - 45 MILION ILLEGALS AMNESTY, will IMPACT ETHNICITY to the point we WILL BECOME A 2ND MEXICO. In 40 years, there will be so many Mexicans/Mexican-Americans. that they will have the power and control to MAKE MEXICO AND THE U.S. ONE ENTITY.

And we won't be an english speaking nation! English will become a CHOICE in schools, like french, german, etc, are now.

AMNESTY? NOT NO, BUT HELL NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast