I know the military intervention has been long and discouraging. Plus it has galvanized a vocal left wing opposition which has also sought to incorporate an open borders agenda into their political bag of tricks. But now it appears that we are headed towards stability--and the gradual withdrawal of American soldiers. Such an event in the past would have been cause for celebration.

I think I see Obama's candidacy weakening with: successes in the Middle East, dropping price of petroleum, more scandalous exposure, divisions within the Democratic Party. Democrat and leftwing radicals have been hoping and praying that such events would not occur, even if it meant more deaths in Iraq and at home, too. Bad news would be Obama's best friend---since the main strategy of his people is to hate conservatives or anyone taking a conservative position. Progress on the above fronts spells doom for his bid to be President.

What if there were celebrations of Victory PRIOR to the election? And ones that are sponsored by city governments at the behest of citizens? And in some of the big, liberal, blue state cities? The liberal movement has to have the wind taken out of it sails----Not that we wouldn't have an uphill battle with a President McCain---but could it be as bad as having O in the White House? If we could get local governments to authorize such a celebration or at least a visible commemoration--especially the flagrantly liberal ones---it would be a slap in the face to the liberal, anti American movement.