Quote Originally Posted by GS07
It seems your idea of Universal healthcare is to make it free for those who don't want to pay for it. We are not talking about the disabled, we are talking about families that had kids THEY KNEW THEY COULDN'T OR DIDN'T want to take care of...

Who do you think the majority of these so-called poor families in the California Central Valley are. They are illegal aliens and their generations of illiterate children who now live off of taxpayers.

rockfish- I believe you have the same confusion about this program that liberals have when calling illegal aliens, "Immigrants".
GSO7, didn't you read this part that I included?
What I am dead set against is allowing illegals and their children to be a part of this. These people should not even be here. Mexico should be force to deal with their problems and not be able to place that burden on us here in the U.S. We have far too many problems here at home and we should not be forced to carry the burden of any one country's misfortunes..or be conned into feeling responsible for them.
You are sadly mistaken if you think I have a problem distinguishing illegal immigrants with legal ones. I have long suffered the influx of illegal immigrants working for far less while undermining American pay scales..More than you'll ever know. hint: I was a Carpenter for 20 years in Miami.

GET REAL, GSO7, THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO DON'T WANT TO PAY FOR IT (HEALTH CARE) ARE THE PEOPLE WHO CAN AFFORD IT ON THEIR OWN. Your statement does not reflect the majority of those in real need. Who that cannot afford healthcare on their own is going to say "I don't want to pay for that?" Come on, now...

You stated:
BEFORE ALL THESE SOCIAL PROGRAMS, PEOPLE TOOK CARE OF THEMSELVES AND THEIR FAMILIES!
Before all of these social programs, people could AFFORD to take care of their families and themselves, except during those days during the great depression. Nowadays, with the cost of everything going up with wages staggering and outsourcing, your statement is becoming archaic. Besides, that statement is just old republican rhetorical sidestepping and is quickly loosing its effect.