Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Sign Our Petition- click link

Click link to sign petition

http://www.smalltowndefenders.com/
    Welcome
    I’m Lou Barletta, the proud Mayor of the City of Hazleton, Pennsylvania.
    Recently, our City has greatly suffered from a series of serious crimes and economic hardship including the murder of a city resident, the discharge of firearms at a local playground, high profile drug busts, and severe strains on our classrooms and health care system. All of these pre-mentioned crimes involved illegal aliens and their large migration to our City have resulted in educational and economic strains that threaten our quality of life.
    I could not sit back any longer and allow this to happen, I needed to act! That’s why I drafted the Illegal Immigration Relief Act, a measure that is designed to send a message. My message: To the residents of Hazleton, I say thank you for your support. To our recently arrived legal immigrants, I say welcome to our City. I wish you all the best and hope the United States and Hazleton can be a place where your dreams come true, just as my great grandfather’s did when he legally immigrated here. I am proud to represent you as your Mayor.
    There are thousands of small towns and cities across America like Hazleton, Pennsylvania. I hope the steps we’re taking in Hazleton to defend ourselves will inspire others to become small town defenders.

Sign Our Petition
    I support Mayor Lou Barletta in his fight to take the necessary steps to defend the city of Hazleton against the on-going threats caused by illegal aliens.

First Name
    Last Name
    Email
    News
    Philly Inquirer: Small Town, Big Problem
    PA Mayor Pushes Measure to Crackdown on Illegal Immigrants
    National Media Focuses on Hazleton

Contact the Webmaster
    ww.smalltowndefenders.com/
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

When I type...it stays blank!
    Do not vote for Party this year, vote for America and American workers!

it wouldn't accept my info. I've rebooted and copied/pasted the URL into my browser, and went directly to the site.

TIME'S UP!
    Why should <u>only</u> AMERICAN CITIZENS and LEGAL immigrants, have to obey the law?!

Email: Info@SmallTownDefenders.com

Guess the server is overwhelmed with so many responses they shut it down. However there email works Info@smallTownDefenders.com
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

We need a volunteer to call Hazelton to verify this petition is being sponsored / arranged by the Mayor and not some other group mining emails.

W

http://www.timesleader.com/mld/timesleader/14910204.htm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted on Tue, Jun. 27, 2006

Barletta in spotlight with ‘illegals’ policy
    The Hazleton mayor is proposing a crackdown on undocumented immigrants.

By JENNIFER LEARN-ANDES jandes@leader.net

Hazleton Mayor Lou Barletta has been booked solid with national media interviews since he unveiled a local plan that cracks down on illegal immigrants and designates English as the city’s official language.

He estimates he’s done nearly 100 interviews with print, television and radio outlets all over the country and has received more than 7,000 e-mails.

“The phone has not stopped ringing. E-mails are pouring in,” said Barletta.

“I think they’ve come from every state in the country. I’d say 95 percent were all supportive from people hoping that their city would take the same action.”

Because his staffers can’t keep up with the demand for information on his plan, Barletta has created a new Web site – www.smalltowndefenders.com – containing a copy of the “Illegal Immigration Relief Act” and his explanation on why he proposed it.

His proposal, which still requires further city council approval, would revoke the business licenses of companies that employ illegal immigrants and impose $1,000 fines on landlords who rent to illegal immigrants.

Barletta said his interview on “NBC Nightly News,” scheduled to air between 6:30 p.m. and 7 p.m. tomorrow, will round out appearances on all major networks.

Calls from radio listeners in other parts of the country made Barletta realize that Hazleton isn’t alone.

“People feel passionate about this issue because of what illegal immigration is doing to their communities,” Barletta said, reiterating that he embraces legal immigrants.

Barletta said there are two types of illegal immigrants in his city of 31,000, where a third are estimated to be Latino immigrants: those who deal drugs and commit other crimes and those who strap resources without contributing any taxes.

“People could argue that some are not committing crimes, but the first crime is not being a legal citizen,” Barletta said.

Publicity about the plan has already prompted some illegal immigrants to leave, Barletta said. Recent crimes committed by illegal immigrants prompted him to propose the act.

“I had calls from some landlords thanking me because they’re happy their tenants left,” Barletta said.

Media requests don’t seem to be slowing down, Barletta said.

“Each person that interviews me tells me it’s the hottest issue in their city. That since it came out, it’s been the talk of their city,” he said.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Jennifer Learn-Andes, a Times Leader staff writer, may be reached at 831-7333.

© 2006 Times Leader and wire service sources. All Rights Reserved.
    http://www.timesleader.com

Ray of sunshine in the cloudy outlook

Okay I figured this out. When you type it stays blank but if you highlight it what you typed is in fact there. They need to be informed of the glitch on their website but you can still sign up.

i emailed them re the problem.
    TIME'S UP!
    Why should <u>only</u> AMERICAN CITIZENS and LEGAL immigrants, have to obey the law?!

I signed up and submitted a comment, but not sure if it went through as it brought me back to the same page to put in my info
    Freedom isn't free... Don't forget the men who died and gave that right to all of us....
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn