Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Signs in East Naples spark immigration debate

Signs in East Naples spark immigration debate

EAST NAPLES: A shocking sign made its way onto a busy road in East Naples on Sunday.

Someone posted a street sign on Radio Road warning drivers to watch for illegal immigrants.

And there isn't just one.

Signs were posted on both sides, just before a pedestrian crossing.

The county has taken down the signs, but the controversial act has sparked debate in Collier County.

Local residents are shocked, but some are not surprised by the act.

"I drove by and did a double-take. At first, I thought I didn't just read that," says Simone Hatch, a Naples resident. "I'm very angry. They're cowards. That's what I think."

Janeth Ramirez came to Florida from Mexico. She says this is no surprise in her community. "Not everyone is illegal. It's supposed to be democratic and freedom, but that's not how it is."

Some residents found humor in the signs, but they declined to be interviewed.

The county worker tasked with removing the signs said they aren't Collier County's.

Whoever put the signs up did it under cover of darkness.

And, in doing so, they shed local light on a topic of national debate.

http://www.nbc-2.com/Global/story.asp?S=12866834
    Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    if you havent been to Florida in a while and are thinking about coming; get ready for the shock of your life and travel in pairs
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

"It's supposed to be democratic and freedom, but that's not how it is."

We know that it is not democratic because the will of the people would have been honored a long time ago instead of having laws we voted for overturned. But the point is, what does "democratic and freedom" in the U.S. have to do with not wanting illegals to come in and take our jobs, ruin our neighborhoods (wrote about that elsewhere on this forum), break laws right and left, and deplete our resources that we have paid into for ourselves? Since when did the U.S. declare "democratic and freedom" for everyone on the planet?

The signs made me laugh - thank you somebody.
    Restitution to Displaced Citizens First!

"I drove by and did a double-take. At first, I thought I didn't just read that," says Simone Hatch, a Naples resident. "I'm very angry. They're cowards. That's what I think."
    Open your eyes Simone Hatch! The cowards are the illegal invaders! Save your scorn and anger for those who deserve it...illegal invaders!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

"Not everyone is illegal. It's supposed to be democratic and freedom, but that's not how it is."
    No one said everyone is illegal! DUH. It's supposed to be 'democratic and freedom'?
    We are NOT a nation of immigrants!

FL has the third highest illegal population in America.
    The biggest abuser of this issue in Fl is Disney world ,INC.

With the aggressive Chamber of Commerce who has historically been one of the most powerful lobby's in D.C, all issues are taken care for large resorts thoughout America. Just ask Hotel Harry Reid, NV.
    Thousands of work Visa's get issued.
    With tourist flocking from around the world under the banner of MICKEY MAGIC, the Orlando based protection sqads have their own brethren of home grown protection.
    They know that is IF murders, muggings, car jackings,kidnappings and all other forms of assaults are advertised,
    THE MICKEY would get a bad rap.
    Further, when the gang bangers in Orlando had a well organized conduit targeting foreigners who went from airport to car rental, with an insider tippping-off the gang bangers from the airport.
    It took three serious attacks before the Orlando Press alerted the public
    Only after the husband of a German couple was murdered, during a car jacking, protecting his wife, who was being serverely atttacked , they broke the story warning the public..
    Perhap you how know WHY Mickey is holding that wand with magic dust ?
    As for the signs in Naples , Fl. If they are sooo up-set there ,take the stupid thing down.
    At least it doen't say, "stay out drug struggling area." issue by Homeland Security, we have in AZ .....No more discussion.

It was a home made sign. You can see the color is a little different.
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David