Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Siouxland Minutemen Gather To Protest Illegal Immigration

http://www.kmeg14.com/news/local/7595312.html

Siouxland Minutemen Gather To Protest Illegal Immigration
    play
    The Siouxland Minuteman group gathered Saturday morning to protest illegal immigration. They say recent talks of amnesty is just too much. KMEG 14's Sean Andersen has more.

The Minutemen protested all levels of government that could allow illegal immigration to exist. They're trying to understand why a bill like this could be created and what it could mean for them.

About thirty people from the Siouxland Minutemen civil defense group gathered at Veterans Park in South Sioux City.

They protested the latest news from Washington, a bill that could quickly open the gates to citizenship for millions of illegal immigrants.

"Do it right. We can't just open the door," says Robert Ford, a member of the Minutemen.

"I have no problem with legal immigration, but the way its going, its just too many people. they're going about it the wrong way," says Jeannie Lane, also a member.

Their signs were direct – no amnesty, no exceptions. They say they felt betrayed by their government and were trying to understand why members of both sides of the aisle would consider the bill.

"People are starting to come to the conclusion Washington no longer represents the citizens, the people, but corporate interests of America," says David Nettleton, Minuteman chapter leader.

"A lot of congressmen are looking at those votes. they want to legalize as many as possible for the next election," says Loran Joens.

Beyond shock and confusion, is anger that they would have to support their new neighbors through programs like welfare and social security.
    "That's what my taxes pay for. I pay taxes to better our country's citizens, not people that come in illegally."

Time will tell if their fears come true.

The immigration proposal will begin in the senate on Monday. If it passes it would go the United States house where it would face an even more uncertain future.

We want to know what you think about this story. Log on to Community Correspondent and tell us.

Support your local minuteman chapter.
    <div>Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of congress; but I repeat myself. Mark Twain</div>

Fight back, support Alipac.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

GO SOUTH DAKOTA
    Never look at another flag. Remember, that behind Government, there is your country, and that you belong to her as you do belong to your own mother. Stand by her as you would stand by your own mother

Quote Originally Posted by redbadger
    GO SOUTH DAKOTA
    It's cool isn't it. Before I saw the article I didn't even know we were there!

Things are really coming together.