Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Sister Kills Sister, Deported to Vietnam

http://www.todaystmj4.com/news/local/5678011.html

Story Updated: Feb 7, 2007

Sister Kills Sister, Deported to Vietnam
    Erin Drew Kent
    KENOSHA - Trang Tran accidentally shot and killed her sister Bao last May.

Tran was holding a gun she didn't think was loaded.

On Wednesday a Kenosha County judge sentenced Tran to three years probation for negligent homicide. Tran could have faced jail time.

Tran cried in court Wednesday. "I'm responsible for my sister's death. After Bao died, my life changed forever."

Tran is a Vietnamese citizen who was living in America while she was a student at UW-Parkside. She will be deported to complete her probation in Vietnam.

"I will take what I learned here in America back to Vietnam to improve the lives of women and children," Tran said in court.

Tran is married to an American citizen. She did apply for immigrant status, but instead was taken out of court by immigration officials.

"She’s a good person. It's not going to make the United States better or safer without her here," Tran's attorney Valerie Karls said.

Find this article at:
    http://www.todaystmj4.com/news/local/5678011.html
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

"She’s a good person. It's not going to make the United States better or safer without her here," Tran's attorney Valerie Karls said.
    It must be easy to get a law degree these days. The classes can't be that tough because there's not one bit of logic in that statement.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)