Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

A small step in the immigration problem

A small step in the immigration problem
    Local, federal officials dealing with illegals arrested, convicted of crimes
    SOPHIA VORAVONG

Once a week, an investigator with federal Immigration and Customs Enforcement stops by the Tippecanoe County Jail to screen and interview inmates listed as foreign nationals.

His intention is to find those arrested or convicted of crimes that qualify for deportation. Eleven people have been removed this year, according to Sheriff Tracy Brown. Thirty other inmates are on detainer.

“If they’re here illegally and committing crimes, they are draining our resources — law enforcement, the prosecutor’s office, judges and clerks,â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

These Latino groups are so concerned about how we treat Illegals and illegal criminals but yet they nothing about it in Mexico. Central Americans used to jump on a train from Mexico to our border. The American company who owned that railroad shut down that route and the Central Americans were left stranded in a camp in Mexico. They were caught by the Mexicans and their camp was burned down. There was an article about that in the newspapers not too long ago.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I wonder if these pro-illegal supporters would feel the same if the illegals were from Canada or England instead of South America?Something tells me that there wouldn't be as much support from the same groups that support the current invasion.

ChromeDome: They don't care about the Canadian and English here. My daughter has a friend who repairs high tech marine equipment and he is from England. His experience is needed here as many Americans don't have his knowledge yet all he has is a visa. He cannot get a greencard but yet he pays taxes, has medical insurance and has a hard time getting in and out of the country as he often has to due to his job. When a relative of mine applied for citizenship he was put behind Hispanics even though he was Canadian and an American resident since the 70's. Infact a Columbian woman who lived in my condo building applied a mointh after him and had an interviews 3 months before he did. To top it all off that woman was arrested by Miami Dade Police and I witnessed it yet my relative who only ever got one speeding ticket had to wait. I am pushing for immigration to assign people numbers where immigration workers don't see a name until they open the file and then they can't start another one unless the one they have is complete. Should more information be needed then a supervisor and case worker have to sign a paper stating so. That way it truly is first come first serve basis.