Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Smugglers Pack Unaccompanied Minor, MS-13 Member in Tractor-Trailer

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Smugglers Pack Unaccompanied Minor, MS-13 Member in Tractor-Trailer

Smugglers Pack Unaccompanied Minor, MS-13 Member in Tractor-Trailer

Photo: U.S. Border Patrol/Rio Grande Valley Sector30 Jul 2018Border Patrol agents at a South Texas immigration checkpoint found 25 illegal immigrants packed by human smugglers in the back of a tractor-trailer. Those included an MS-13 gang member and an unaccompanied child.

Agents assigned to the Falfurrias Border Patrol checkpoint, located 80 miles north of the Texas-Mexico border, observed a tractor-trailer approaching for inspection. A K-9 agent alerted to the possible presence of drugs or human cargo in the trailer and agents forwarded the driver to a secondary inspection station for further investigation, according to information obtained by Breitbart Texas from Rio Grande Valley Sector officials.

The agents conducted a physical inspection of the trailer and found 25 illegal immigrants hiding under tarps. The agents removed the migrants and transported them to the Falfurrias Station for processing.
    Falfurrias Border Patrol Checkpoint agents discovered 25 illegal aliens being smuggled in the back of a tractor-trailer in South Texas. (Photo: U.S. Border Patrol/Rio Grande Valley Sector)

During a biometric background investigation, agents learned that the 25 came to the U.S. from El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, and Mexico. One was determined to be Salvadoran who is also a member of the hyperviolent transnational criminal gang known as MS-13. Also found inside was an unaccompanied minor.

Agents referred the case to investigators for possible prosecution on charges related to human smuggling. They could face prosecution for immigration violations before being deported to their countries of origin.

The driver, a 55-year-old man, was taken into custody and the tractor-trailer was seized. Officials did not disclose the nationality of the driver.

Officials in the Rio Grande Valley Sector operate several programs to attempt to reduce human smuggling and the associated deaths of illegal immigrants. Saying, “They’re humans, not cargo,” officials carry out “Operation Big Rig” and “No Se Arriesgue” as part of their efforts to save lives.

As of the date of this publication, at least 178 illegal immigrants have died along the U.S.-Mexico Border region, according to the Missing Migrant Project. Of those, at least 115 died in Texas — 34 in Brooks County, where these migrants were found.

https://www.breitbart.com/texas/2018/07/30/smugglers-pack-unaccompanied-minor-ms-13-member-in-tractor-trailer/

You've got to Stand for Something or You'll Fall for Anything

LOVE those dogs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

I was directed to a "secondary Inspection" years ago coming thru the checkpoint between San Diego and Los Angeles......my kids were little and strapped in the back seat......they approached us with guns drawn......I rolled down my window and put my hands up outside the vehicle.....had us all get out and even checked the spare tire place in the back of the station wagon..they cleared us and let us go immediately.......turns out that that we heard on the news that evening that they found an illegal hidden in a blue station wagon......I was driving a blue station wagon....they must have been tipped off......scariest moment of my life...years ago and my kids still remember it also.....
    The difference between an immigrant and an illegal alien is the equivalent of the difference between a burglar and a houseguest. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)