Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Snow to leave White House before Bush

The Snow Job is Also Leaving White House!

So what do you think is going on here? Is this a sign of bad future events to come? Or is this simply the move of his staff to get and find other jobs before the end of the Jorge's administration?
    Something ain't right in Kansas Toto...

Snow to leave White House before Bush
    Press secretary cites money as reason for departure

Jim Watson / AFP - Getty Images file
    White House Spokesman Tony Snow says his job has been a pleasant surprise, but he won't be staying through the end of the Bush administration.

Updated: 2 hours, 28 minutes ago
    WASHINGTON - White House press secretary Tony Snow said Friday he'll leave sometime before the end of the Bush presidency because of financial pressures.

He declined to say when he would depart, but that, "I'm going to stay as long as I can."

The 52-year-old Snow, the father of three children, earns $168,000 as an assistant to the president but made considerably more as a conservative pundit and syndicated talk-show host on Fox News Radio. He was named press secretary on April 26, 2006.

The White House has been shaken by the resignations of some of President Bush's closest aides. Political strategist Karl Rove announced Monday that he would leave at the end of the month. Longtime Bush adviser Dan Bartlett left earlier this year and Andrew Card left earlier as Bush's chief of staff.

Bush's term ends on Jan. 20, 2009

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20320804/
    "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same results is the definition of insanity. " Albert Einstein.

Senior Member BorderLegionnaire's Avatar
    I guess the guilt is finally getting to them! Screwing the American people the people that made you what you are today!
    Our country's founders cherished liberty, not democracy.
    -Ron Paul

I'm reminded about a saying, something about leaving a sinking ship......
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Senior Member BorderLegionnaire's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BetsyRoss
    I'm reminded about a saying, something about leaving a sinking ship......
    Yes.... There has been sayings that the US is like the Titanic!
    But the problem is not the ship, its the Cap'n at the helm!!!
    Our country's founders cherished liberty, not democracy.
    -Ron Paul

JAK
    Well, I don't know... but personally he isn't looking very good to me. Almost looks as if he is losing his battle with cancer... he just looks sick.
    I am sorry for his health problems! I'm not sorry to see any of this crooked administration leave though!
    Please help save America for our children and grandchildren... they are counting on us. THEY DESERVE the goodness of AMERICA not to be given to those who are stealing our children's future! ... and a congress who works for THEM!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I believe the Tony Snow has not be given good news after his Chemo and that is why he is leaving. Bush now has to train another guy. Ha! I wish it was that people were leaving a sinking ship but I think he probably is going to be spending time with family.
    <div>''Life's tough......it's even tougher if you're stupid.''
    -- John Wayne</div>

Well, I don't know... but personally he isn't looking very good to me. Almost looks as if he is losing his battle with cancer... he just looks sick.
    I didn't think he looked well the last time I saw him either. If I were in his shoes I don't think I'd want to waste my energy being a part of the downfall of this country.......I'm sure he'd rather be with his family instead of this dog and pony show.

I saw Tony on TV a couple days ago. He really looked terrible. His hair is very thin and his face pale and gaunt. I don't think he is going to survive the cancer.

Even though he works for Jorge Boosh, he is still a human being. For the sake of his family, I wish him well in this, the fight for his life. God be with him.

I also don't wish Snow any ill either. None of us may like what is being done here but yes, he's a human and has a family who loves him, and I think we tend to forget something I often have to remind myself of.

We tend to forget that all of us, at some time or another, has probably found ourselves in a position where we've discovered that our boss is an unscrupulous ass with his/her own agenda and it is not of benefit to the company or those which rely on that company. We didn't know that going in, or we wouldn't have taken the job, and by the time we did find out we might have been in too deep to just walk away even though we didn't agree with what was going on.

Now, if we stop to think about it, that same scenario has applied to people working for those governing.....for as long as there have been rulers, leaders, etc.

I've often wondered just how many of Bush's "employees" were tapped for what they thought was just a really great job opportunity only to find out, way too late, what exactly the man is up to? How many of them do not agree with what he is doing but, for whatever reason, couldn't just immediately walk away? How many of them did their "good friend" George hire just to set up to take the fall if and when the you-know-what hit the fan because that's just what people like him do?

Not that I'm defending any of these people but I've often wondered about it.

In my early days of fledgling activism, one thing me and my homies had long talks about was how gummint really worked. He'd been to Washington in a minor role, and had his eyes opened. Our elected officials are only the tip of the iceberg as you know, they are surrounded by swarms of people who earn their living off the political machine in one way or another. If a mediocre person, such as Elaine Chao, has the right connections, a lucrative job is in her future. These folks just don't live in our world, and losing one job or getting toppled in a regime change simply leads to a cushy spot somewhere else. Where do you and I apply for these well paid, prestigious positions? You and I don't. And, once ensconced in this world, they really can't come back to ours, not and still earn a living. That has a lot to do with it.

He was especially struck with their consciousness during a recession. They were still enjoying the endless social whirl that surrounds gummint, and eating lobster at exclusive dinners. "What recession?" was their reaction.