Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Soc. Security Totalization Agreement W/Mexico Still Pending

Social Security Totalization Agreement With Mexico Still Pending | Print |

TSCL Fights Loophole That Allows Social Security For Illegal Work

Despite widespread concerns, the Social Security totalization agreement signed with Mexico in 2004 is still pending. If allowed to go into effect, Mexican immigrants, including those who worked in this country illegally, would become eligible for “totalizedâ€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Wait a minute. If illegals are paying into the system , they have done so under fradulent, and or stolen SS Numbers. How in the world are you ever going to verify who paid what into the system and for how long if we do not even know who these people are. I guess like everything else regarding this ridiculous issue, we will just take the illegal at their word and pay them.

The insanity never ceases to amaze me.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

WHAT!

We have to fight this one - this cannot happen!

Also,how in the world would you determine which workers using stolen ss# and original owner (number could have multiple users as many as 15 for example)The original owner should reap the benefits of want ever money was earned with it.After all the original owner incures penalties and debt if it is misused ,why not the small benefit.Sorry,If a illegal alien steals a car and makes it to say mexico he does not get to keep it.

Wait a minute. If illegals are paying into the system , they have done so under fradulent, and or stolen SS Numbers. How in the world are you ever going to verify who paid what into the system and for how long if we do not even know who these people are. I guess like everything else regarding this ridiculous issue, we will just take the illegal at their word and pay them.
    Exactly!

And.... there is hardly a mention as to the effects imposed upon law-abiding US citizen workers that have their kids or their own SS account 'trashed' as a result. What about them??? Do they actually get the benefits they are owed??? (Hint: I already know the answer to this, but others should expend some effort to find the truth - short answer: it ain't pretty, folks).

stealthwii: I agree 100% - it's a MUCH bigger problem than most in or out of the government want to acknowledge. This has to be kept from going into effect.

Oh, a technical point that often goes overlooked -

An 'agreement' is a piece of legislation that is worked up by the Executive and later signed into law...

A TREATY requires the explicit APPROVAL of CONGRESS to be made into law - BIG DIFFERENCE!

Quote Originally Posted by PhredE
    Oh, a technical point that often goes overlooked -

An 'agreement' is a piece of legislation that is worked up by the Executive and later signed into law...

A TREATY requires the explicit APPROVAL of CONGRESS to be made into law - BIG DIFFERENCE!
    Big difference!!! Sorta like the difference between a fee and a tax...the tax needs 2/3 vote and the fee is only 51%.

It gets WORSE!!!!

Excerpt from:

NEW STUDY UNCOVERS MILLIONS OF MEXICAN BENEFICIARIES COULD RECEIVE BILLIONS BASED ON ILLEGAL WORK
    http://www.tscl.org/newcontent/102916.asp

"The majority of Social Security benefits would go to Mexicans who performed illegal work in the United States. However, their dependents – possibly including a spouse, divorced spouse, widows or widowers, minor and disabled adult children, and dependent parents – are also eligible for benefits, and could increase the cost of totalized retiree benefits by as much as 50 percent."

Click on link for full story.

Sorry I duped the article Phred. I got this in an email this morning too.

I cant believe that alot more people dont know about this bill. I remember writing the WH around 2003 to complain, and they sent me back a stupid form letter saying we have this agreement with alot of other countries too. I never knew we did. But I also don't think we have such a high rate of illegal immigrants from those other countries either. If all the illegal Mexicans get legalized, SS will go bust.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

The OBL love to belly ache about how the poor illegal aliens are paying into the system without being able to get anything back. The amount of income that goes to Social Security is only about 6.3% while the per centage of a salary that should have gone to an American that an illegal is getting is about 93.6%. It also lowers the income from wages a competing legal worker can get in negotiation. The only way that
    illegal aliens should get Social Security is on their legal income if and when they get legalized after living back in their home country for years.
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)