Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Social Security begins taking online applications

Social Security begins taking online applications

By JIM ABRAMS, The Associated Press 8:13 a.m. January 6, 2009

WASHINGTON — The Social Security Administration, bracing for the coming eligibility of 80 million baby boomers, is introducing an online application that will allow people to apply for retirement benefits in as little as 15 minutes.

Social Security Commissioner Michael J. Astrue said in an interview the agency was completely overhauling its electronic services in recognition of the greater computer skills of future Social Security recipients and the need to more efficiently process the coming flood of applications.

"We just don't have the infrastructure to handle that workload in the traditional fashion," he said.

Astrue said a person who now goes to a Social Security office to apply spends about 45 minutes consulting with a field officer.

The agency says that over the next 20 years some 10,000 people a day will become eligible for retirement.

Academy Award-winning actress Patty Duke is leading a Retire Online publicity campaign for the new program, shooting four public service ads that will run on radio and television. The ads are takeoffs of her 1960s TV sitcom "The Patty Duke Show."

"My husband demonstrated to me how to do it, and I was able to do it with my limited (computer) skills," she said. "It was very user-friendly."

The agency also plans to run full-page ads in USA Today and several news magazines, Astrue said.

The program has no paper forms to sign and usually requires no additional documents. In the past, people trying to sign up through the Internet still had to mail in or deliver paper documents with signatures or copies of birth certificates. Those with more complicated questions can still call the agency or visit an office.

Those wanting to use the new program can go to http://www.socialsecurity.gov and click on "Filing Online for Retirement Benefits."

http://www3.signonsandiego.com/stories/ ... ndex=32650
    ------------------------------------
    What could possibly go wrong with a system that lets people sign up to collect Social Security without ever coming face to face with a Social Security employee AND never having to present the original documents to prove who you are and where you were born? This sounds like an illegal alien / ID thief's dream come true.
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Unoccupied Southeast Georgia But Not For Much Longer
    Just think of all the millions of illegal aliens who will sign up for this since they won't have to provide any documents proving who they are, their citizenship status and ensuring the social security number they are using isn't stolen (The Justice department estimates 75 percent of illegal aliens are involved in identity theft). The Social Security Administration also doesn't comply with any requests from other agencies including DHS to verify social security numbers. This is how this government has sneaked the Totalization Agreement with Mexico through the back door as they know the American people have opposed it. The reconquista is in full swing. They have opened the floodgates to identity theft. I sent a copy to Lou Dobbs and Neil Cavuto.
    There is no freedom without the law. Remember our veterans whose sacrifices allow us to live in freedom.

Im 27 and will never plan to receive anything from ss when its my time!!
    Work Harder Millions on Welfare Depend on You!

Quote Originally Posted by 93camaro
    Im 27 and will never plan to receive anything from ss when its my time!!
    Same here. I'm 33 and I'm tired of having money taken out of my check that I will NEVER see again. I would personally like to have the money to invest myself. My $500 investment in Throrium based nuclear power has already turned into $3000 after 5 months.
    We see so many tribes overrun and undermined

While their invaders dream of lands they've left behind

Better people...better food...and better beer...

Why move around the world when Eden was so near?
    -Neil Peart from the song Territories&

The agency says that over the next 20 years some 10,000 people a day will become eligible for retirement.
    HA! THERE WONT BE ANYTHING LEFT. Illegal aliens will find new ways to get in on the money. Something has to be done.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

As I previously mentioned butterbean they will use stolen social security numbers and the Social Security Administration won't verify those numbers. That is how they will reap the rewards of identity theft. This was probably done in collaboration with the Mexican government, Corporate America, the Chamber Of Commerce and the Drug Cartels.
    There is no freedom without the law. Remember our veterans whose sacrifices allow us to live in freedom.

I predict many dead people will rise from the dead via their social security numbers.

Yep mayday and may their spirits haunt Obama at the hotel he currently is staying in along with the ghost of the lady who committed suicide in 1885..........

Quote Originally Posted by retiredairforce
    Just think of all the millions of illegal aliens who will sign up for this since they won't have to provide any documents proving who they are, their citizenship status and ensuring the social security number they are using isn't stolen (The Justice department estimates 75 percent of illegal aliens are involved in identity theft). The Social Security Administration also doesn't comply with any requests from other agencies including DHS to verify social security numbers. This is how this government has sneaked the Totalization Agreement with Mexico through the back door as they know the American people have opposed it. The reconquista is in full swing. They have opened the floodgates to identity theft. I sent a copy to Lou Dobbs and Neil Cavuto.
    Retired, do you have a link to that information about ID theft by illegal aliens? I would like to send it to Oberlin City Council members.

[quote="Mayday"]I predict many dead people will rise from the dead via their social security numbers. [/q uote] Isn't socal security supposed to check this? Theft of SS# by Illegals is already a huge problem, I think we need a new "Government Watchdog".

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast