Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Society must stop giving benefits to illegal immigrants

Society must stop giving benefits to illegal immigrants
    BY DIMITRIJ KRYNSKY
    Saturday, Jan 26, 2008 - 12:48:55 am CST

Several bills to target illegal immigration were introduced in the Nebraska Legislature this session. One bill would bar benefits for people who are here illegally; another would prohibit tax breaks for employers who hire illegal immigrants.

Some people believe we should have compassion and give illegal immigrants the same benefits as legal residents, because they are good and hardworking people who are only trying to escape horrible poverty.

Compassion is a virtue. However, in this case the problems outweigh that sentiment.

First: There are so many poor people in the world it is impossible for our society to care for everyone. Therefore, we should take care of our poor; other societies should take care of theirs.

The second problem is that giving benefits to people who are here because they broke the law to immigrate means to reward bad behavior.

This is a very dangerous and slippery slope. By doing this, we will jeopardize the foundation of our civilization. No civilization can survive when a bad behavior is tolerated, not to mention rewarded.

Third, we should keep in mind that our social services system already is in trouble. Medicare, Medicaid and Social Security systems are forecast to become insolvent in the foreseeable future. People who are here illegally are already a burden to our social services system.

On top of it, should illegal immigrants get legal status, they would be able to bring their relatives into the United States. They would become a huge additional burden to our social services system.

Who will pay for it? How will we then finance Social Security and health care for our citizens? How will we take care of our poor?

Advocates for illegal immigrants say such people are essential to our economy because we are short of workers.

I don’t believe it. I believe many job positions are not filled only because wages are too low; therefore, only people who are here illegally are willing to take those jobs. This is shameful exploitation!

My fourth problem with compassion toward illegal immigrants is that if an economy stands on exploitation, it is a moral disaster.

When one group — illegal immigrants — is exploited, another group — shameless employers — flourishes. The third group — average taxpayers — subsidizes it. This is a sick economy. It is time to stop it.

If we really need more people for some jobs, many millions around the world are waiting for permission to come. They also want to have a better life and escape poverty. Let them in — and expel people here illegally!

The fifth problem with compassion toward illegal immigrants is the presumption that such people are only trying to escape poverty; it is suspicious at best.

These people lately have been paying $3,000 per person to “coyotesâ€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

taking from some to give to others for votes is a sin and undemocratic-helping the truly sick,poor,children through charities is one thing -but stealing from paul to pay peter is another .Lets take some illegals to any of the democrats or mccain's house and ask to live there for just one week-the police would run us off in minutes-DO NOT ASK OTHERS TO DO WHAT YOU ARE UNWILLING TO DO IN YOUR PERSONAL LIFE YOURSELF!

Politicians who advocate stealing from Paul to pay Peter will ALWAYS have the support of Peter.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

First of all, there is horrible poverty in this country. Sorry, but my fellow Americans living in poverty come well before any illegal invader.

In addition, I have traveled extensively throughout Mexico( almost every state) and I can tell that for the most part, Mexico is not any poorer than many other countries on this planet. In fact, most Mexicans live quite well. Truth be told, Mexico is not a poor country, it's a corrupt country! There's a difference. There are plenty of jobs in Mexico. Unfortunately, we just happen to share a border with Mexico so we get all the poverty sob stories by the open border zealots.

Truth is, Mexicans do not want to do those jobs in Mexico at the wages being offered because they can make 10 times as much in this country. Why sweep a floor in Mexico for $7 dollars a day when you can come here illegally and make $7 an hour sweeping the same floor. Further, our generous social systems will actually pay you to have babies. So on top of your $7 under the table wage, you can get food stamps, housing subsidies, medical care, etc.

It's as if they have hit the lottery and you can bet these people will never go back to Mexico so long as they have the economic incentive to remain here in this country.

We get a proper interpretation of the 14th amendment which bestows automatic citizenship to the babies of illegals and take away the jobs and other perks and you will see a mass exodus to the border.

First of all, there is horrible poverty in this country. Sorry, but my fellow Americans living in poverty come well before any illegal invader.
    No Bueno is on to something here. I just hope we have sufficiently intelligent politicians to recognize this reality for what it is, and act appropriately.

(No apologies necessary )

Great assessment, NoBueno. Please, Please run for governor of Mexifornia!!! Sweep the IA huggers and libidiots out of office.

Quote Originally Posted by PhredE
    No Bueno is on to something here. I just hope we have sufficiently intelligent politicians to recognize this reality for what it is, and act appropriately.

(No apologies necessary )
    No Bueno is right on the money. Mexicans do not live in horrible poverty. People in Nigeria, Bangladesh and Vietnam live in horrible poverty. If our goal is to offer an opportunity for a better life to people living in abject poverty, Mexico would not even be on the list of countries we would look at. This is what I have never understood. IF after providing all available American workers with a job that pays a decent wage( none on this slave wages business like with the illegals) we still need workers for agriculture or such, why not bring in people from other countries who truly do need a helping hand? People who could not possibly pay a coyote thousands of dollars to smuggle them into the US? People who would appreciate an opportunity to work in the US on a temporary work visa and go home with a tidy nest egg? People from countries who have not fleeced the taxpayers of the US. Countries who have not meddled in our immigration affairs. Slam the door shut on Mexico and lock it. The world is awash in unskilled labor. We can get any workers we need from other countries. We don't need these people from SOB. Let's lend a hand to people who will respect our laws and not burn our flag in the streets.
    There are a number of work visa programs already available. My uncle used to own an apple farm. For decades every year he brought in workers from Jamaica for the harvest. He contracted with the same group each year. Sometimes when a worker got too old to work, his son would take his place on the team. Only the workers came, the families stayed home in Jamaica. They were housed in a bunkhouse and my uncle made sure everything was up to code. If a dish had a crack, he would replace it because there was a chance food bacteria could get in the cracked area and someone could get sick. They had kitchens, TV radio and record players. The farm had a large van so my cousin could take them in to town to shop for groceries. They would also buy alot of things to send back home, merchandise they could not easily get in Jamaica. This setup worked for many decades- until my uncle was put out of business by growers in WA using illegal labor. If we enforce our laws, get the illegals out and make everybody operate on level playing field, there is no reason a program like this could not work. If we were dealing with legal workers ony, it would be doable.

Great thoughts and writing, camilleinchicago. I urge you to put this into some op-ed pieces or letters to editors. Even a libidiot, IA hugging newspaper might print this since it's a first hand observational experience.