Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Some Arrested Immigrants Get More Time to Fight Deportation

http://www.wbbm780.com/pages/41945.php

Posted: Thursday, 01 June 2006 2:30PM

Some Arrested Immigrants Get More Time to Fight Deportation

Nancy Harty Reporting

CHICAGO (WBBM Newsradio 780) -- Some of the 26 immigrant workers of IFCO Systems arrested in Chicago have another four and a half months to argue why they should stay in the country.

WBBM Newsradio 780's Nancy Harty reports, at a hearing Thursday morning, Judge John Brahos granted a continuance until October 12 to roughly half of the group.

Another group received a two-month continuance from Judge Carlos Cuevas during an afternoon hearing.

On April 19, immigration officials conducted a raid in several states on offices of the packaging manufacturer after it ignored concerns about a number of employees using fake Social Security numbers.

Members of the Family Unity Campaign responded with joy to the court order.

Emma Lozano says families who have been living in fear of the potential deportations can now relax a bit.

The group plans to use the time to lobby members of Congress and President Bush for a moratorium on government raids and amnesty for the undocumented.

They believe if the Senate legalization bill passes, many of the IFCO workers will be allowed to remain in the U.S.

Flor Crisostomo is one of the IFCO employees. She has been on a hunger strike since Mother's Day to draw attention to her plight.

She was scheduled to make an announcement at 4 p.m. Thursday on whether she'll continue to fast.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The group plans to use the time to lobby members of Congress and President Bush for a moratorium on government raids and amnesty for the undocumented.

They believe if the Senate legalization bill passes, many of the IFCO workers will be allowed to remain in the U.S.
    Okay lets take a count of the delay tactics:
    1. The bill is unconstitutional and will/may go back to the Senate.
    2. The border patrol won't materialize in full force until August.
    3. Judges are granting delays.

Wonder what's next? Do you get the feeling the sheepels are being sheered yet again?

Thought! (not rare these days) IS it possible MSM avoids this information not only because they want to keep the majority of the public in the dark but the American soldiers all over the world? They read the papers over there. They see the broadcasts.

Strange event occured here some time back. It has always left me with many unanswered questions. My son is a Captain in the Air Force. His security clearance goes very high up. When I started to bring up the marches and my concern for his family (in Omaha) he stopped me cold with "I can't discuss politics. It is a breach of security."

The shock of his statement stopped me not the fact it was a breach of security.
    "Liberty CANNOT be preserved without general knowledge among people" John Adams (August 1765)