Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Son of 86-year-old raped, murdered stunned over cold case so

Updated: Oct 14, 2010 11:34 PM PDT
    Video Gallery
    Son of 86-year-old raped, murdered stunned over cold case solve
    2:54
    Metro releases details about 1998 cold case arrest
    2:28
    Also on the Web

Metro makes arrest in two 1998 cold cases

Las Vegas, NV (KTNV) – It was a random and heinous set of murders that put the elderly community on guard in the late 1990's.

The bodies of two friends were found just one day apart inside separate units at an assisted living community. Leads soon ran dry, and the May of 1998 murders near Spencer and Rochelle went unsolved.

Police say the killer crept in through a 75-year-old's window and bludgeoned the elderly man to death. He then broke into another unit down the hall, allegedly raping and stabbing an 86-year-old woman to death.

The son of that 86-year-old says he thought his mother's murderer would never be caught. Mark Sabraw made the chilling discovery himself after he hadn't heard from his mother Helen. He still vividly remembers what he saw once he put the key in her door.

"It was gruesome, absolutely gruesome, a major pool of blood all over the place, my mother's body punctured all over the place. That's never going to go away," said Mark Sabraw, son of Helen Sabraw.

On Wednesday, Mark made contact with a detective who finally brought an ounce of hope.

"He says, I think we'll have some news today. Four hours later, he called me and said they had made an arrest," said Mark Sabraw. "I'm glad they caught my mother's murderer. Can you imagine? Have you taken a look at this guy? He raped my mother, raped her."

Detectives allege that suspect Gustavo Ramos-Martinez continued to commit crimes, and that the illegal immigrant has a federal record as well as his DNA filed in a national database.

"He does have quite a criminal history, a violent criminal history," Sergeant Jon Scott, Supervisor of Metro's Cold Case Detail.

If it wasn't for that DNA, investigators say the slaying of Helen Sabraw and Wallace Siegel could've possibly forever remained a mystery.

Action News also spoke with a daughter-in-law of Wallace Siegel over the telephone. She called it "amazing" that detectives were able to solve this cold case after 12 long years. She believes Gustavo-Ramos had to "be on drugs" to allegedly commit such despicable acts on such vulnerable victims.

According to police documents, Gustavo-Ramos has denied any knowledge of these killings, as well as the sexual assault. Police add that he has been deported time and time again but, with family here locally, kept returning to Las Vegas.

The son who is still holding on to fond memories of his late mother says the punishment should fit the crime.

"Death penalty, no question about it. Two murders in one night, is that enough for society?," Mark Sabraw asked. "It doesn't matter where he's from or who he is. It's a heinous crime. It's a totally heinous crime."

Ramos-Martinez was arrested in Las Vegas, where police assure that public that he will stand trial. He faces two counts of murder, two counts of burglary, robbery with a deadly weapon and sexual assault with a deadly weapon.

Stay with Action News.

There are pictures and video at the link below:

http://www.ktnv.com/Global/story.asp?S=13327004

Kathyet

Yes, Death Penalty puh-leeze. Take the trash out.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Maybe it will be the last time he crosses the border ILLEGALLY. Death penalty I feel is warranted in this case for sure.
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

Code:
    Police add that he has been deported time and time again but, with family here locally, kept returning to Las Vegas.
    While our government turns a blind eye to border security.
    "A Nation of sheep will beget a government of Wolves" -Edward R. Murrow

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MY HEART REALLY GOES OUT TO THESE FAMILIES, AND OTHERS WHO HAVE LOST LOVED ONES TO THE VIOLENCE OF ILLEGALS WHO HAVE NO RIGHT TO BE IN THIS COUNTRY. THERE HAVE BEEN MANY AMERICAN LIVES TAKEN BY THESE PEOPLE, AND YET OUR GOVERNMENT JUST TURN A BLIND EYE TO THEM ALL HOW MANY MORE DEATHS AT THE HAND OF ILLEGALS IS IT GOING TO HAVE TO TAKE BEFORE THE REST OF AMERICA WAKE UP

What are they going to do about the people who were aiding and harboring him? All those wonderful family members in the sanctuary city of Los Angeles?

Dixie