Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Sources: 'Groups of Latino Men Littering And Building Fir

Maryland -- Over the last year, area residents who have frequented Loch Raven Reservoir for decades, allege that groups of immigrant men are littering the watershed, fishing without licenses after dusk, and cooking their catch on the spot, which are all Dept. of Natural Resources violations.

The groups of men come just as the reservoir is about to close, a source, who has frequented and used the park for years tells Last Reporter.

"Most of the men, who are in groups of up to 10, appear to be Latino and are speaking Spanish."

However the source added that one time a group of men breaking the rules and littering were speaking Russian.

Evidence of campfires, cleaned fish and discarded handlines.

The source provided Last Reporter with a variety of photographs showing strewn beer bottles, extinguished fires, the remains of a recently cleaned Pike and discarded handlines.

The discarded handlines are of particular concern to environmentalists because wild life often get tangled in them and are injured or die, according to an official who spoke on the condition of anonymity.

The official also confirms that over the last year groups of Latino men have been fishing and have left beer bottles and trash strewn on the ground, in addition to discarded handlines.

However, the official, was quick to point out that these groups weren't the only ones trashing Loch Raven.

"Other fishermen at the reservoir are also responsible," the official says.

Link to the story: http://lastreporter.typepad.com/my_webl ... immig.html

They won't even let me go kayaking in the Loch Raven reservoir. The permits sell out so quickly that it is almost impossible to get one unless you own land there. The permits cost $100 per craft. My 2 kayaks would be $200. They make you sign a affidavit that your craft has never been in salt water, because they are afraid of the zebra mussel.

I think they have their priorities bass-ackwards, excuse my French.