Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South Carolina Congressman Changes Mind, Pushes for CAFTA

http://www.rednova.com/

Posted on: Wednesday, 27 July 2005, 12:00 CDT

South Carolina Congressman Changes Mind, Pushes for CAFTA

Jul. 26--U.S. Rep. Bob Inglis, R-S.C., announced Monday that he will support the Central America Free Trade Agreement, calling it a "reasonable risk."

Inglis said he sees no alternative for the United States and the Western Hemisphere to compete with China.

"The question is, 'What do you get at the end of the day?' We get to preserve jobs," Inglis told a crowd at Mexico Lindo East. "I don't think what we're giving up is that significant."

The position met with mixed reaction at the "Let's Talk" luncheon the congressman holds monthly in Spartanburg. But Inglis painstakingly attempted to drive his point that CAFTA, as it is called, "is all about China."

The Bush administration has put considerable force behind gaining support for CAFTA. The president made a personal plea earlier this month in Dallas, N.C., and tied the agreement to protecting democracy.

Critics, however, argue that CAFTA will make it easier for businesses here to move south, where land and labor are cheaper.

The House is expected to vote on CAFTA soon. And it's expected to be close.

The trade deal would reduce or eliminate barriers with Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua and the Dominican Republic -- small players in the grand scheme of U.S imports and exports.

Fabric made here could be sent to those countries for assembly and returned for sale tariff-free.

"There are no words to describe the disappointment" with Inglis' position, said Richard Dillard, a Milliken & Co. spokesman, shaking his head.

"I feel betrayed. And our several thousand employees in the Upstate feel betrayed. Because he committed to vote against this if nothing changed. And nothing has."
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

Representative Bob Inglis Phone this sellout at 202-225-6030
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

Wow his aide did not like me. I told her that she should look for a new job because he will be out of a job come next election.

"a reasonable risk"..... "a reasonable risk"..... a TRUE GLOBALIST.

Do you know what the term "reasonable risk" means folks? It's a corporate term, a corporate legal term, where companies make a decision to proceed knowing their product is going to make you sick or kill you; knowing their manufacturing process is going to kill the environment or you; knowing their tactics could result in upheaval in the world.

They weigh the profits to be earned against the cost of liability and calculate, yes...actually sit at their desks and do math....about how many will kie or get sick, forecast how many might sue, calculate the length of time it will take to actually be forced to pay some amount, calculate who at the top of the Judiciary they can pay to stand with them and overturn the lower court ruling, arrive at a "worst case-scenario number", compare it to the profits to be earned before litigation could bankrupt the company, long after they've taken their earnings and bonuses out of the company and "secured them" off shore...and then they proceed with the product, the process or the tactic completely prepared for the death, sickness, misery, heartache; loss they know will be caused directly by their actions.

Welcome to the "reasonable risk" of Globalism World Wide.

You thought "tort reform" was to help you? Think again.

Wake Up South Carolina.....get on those phones, get on those faxes, get on those e-mails...and let this Globalist Traitor and his "Reasonable Risk" assessment of CAFTA know....YOU KNOW and HIS GIG IS UP!

Defeat CAFTA which is about GMO foods WORLD WIDE that have no human testing; that are known already to kill wildlife; that are known already to infect and contaminate all natural fields and forests; that are suspected of even destroying the biota of the soil.

CAFTA = Hell on Earth.

CAFTA = Plastic Trees with No Birds In Them.

CAFTA = Genetically Modified Humans in 20 Years.

CAFTA = Transfer of OUR POWER to Strangers Off-Shore in the World Trade Organization who understand and subscribe to the concept of "Reasonable Risk".

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Judy true and so much more. DO they consider it a "reasonalbe risk" to open up our boards and let the illegals flow?

Do they consider it a "reasonalbe risk" to give our country away?

STOP THEM TODAY. GET ON THE PHONES AND TELL THEM NO TO CAFTA!

Yes JP...that is what the Congressman from South Carolina meant when he determined to change his vote to support this evil CAFTA CON. He was opposed and now has been bought to support it. His statement about "reasonable risk" means, he has weighted the consequences and determined they are acceptable risks to him.

He has obviously been assured a position, protection or payola in the One World One Rule Scheme of King George!!

Now, I just have to say....if that's not Rat Dung, I don't know what would be!!

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

If King George the II gets his way tonight......they will call Vicente Fox to fly to OUR Whitehouse for tacos and enchaladas. The United States King and the Mexican President will have a fiesta grande in OUR WHITE HOUSE.

Don't let it happen Reps!! Stand by your country, not by your King.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by jp_48504
    Representative Bob Inglis Phone this sellout at 202-225-6030
    I SPOKE WITH 'SIMS'. THATS HIS FIRST NAME. I TOLD HIM WHY I WAS CALLING AND GAVE HIM MY NAME AND ADDRESS. FIRST I GAVE HIM MY NAME, AND ASKED HIM TO READ THAT BACK TO ME- HE ASKED HOW I SPELLED THE LAST NAME. THEN I GAVE HIM MY STREET ADDRESS AND ASKED HIM TO READ THAT BACK TO ME, HE SAID THE WRONG STREET, AND HAD TO RETAKE IT AFTER I SPELLED IT OUT TO HIM. THEN HE TOOK MY CITY, STATE AND ZIP CODE, AND I ASKED HIM TO SAY IT BACK TO ME. HE SAID HE 'FORGOT THE CITY', SO I GAVE IT TO HIM AGAIN AND ASKED HIM TO REPEAT IT. THEN I JOKENLY ASKED IF HE REMEMBERED WHAT I CALLED FOR, AND HE SAID 'FOR CAFTA'. I HAD TO TELL HIM AGAIN THAT I AM CALLING TO TELL HIM TO VOTE AGAINST CAFTA. WHERE DO THEY FIND THESE MONKEYS??? OBVIOUSLY, HE DOESNT HAVE A CLUE WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON!
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Great going BB.

I spoke with the dufus as well.

I think that some folks here are getting a little down because of all the headlines that keep reading Bush gains support for CAFTA, CAFTA A Winner and blah blah blah. They keep putting out the same lies. This is a psychological move, if you say something loud and repeat it enough people will eventually believe it. Don’t believe it. Bush is not winning and CAFTA is A BAD DEAL.

Butterbean--I wonder if he put you down for a FOR CAFTA or AGAINST CAFTA?

I guess we'll never know.

Pathetic.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast