Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by TexasBorn
    Quote Originally Posted by marquis
    But I still think the drug violence is largely a US caused problem, so we owe something to Mexico to help stop it.

Uhhhh, wrong again Hanz. Drug violence spilling over the border into the U.S. is a federal problem over control of the border and the infiltration of Mexican nationals carrying out drug related violence. IMO, we don't owe Mexico a damned thing. They get more money from the U.S. to which most of it goes into their corrupted bottomless pit, than our own states get to control their borders and protect their citizens.
    it's in our own best interests not to let mexico fall to the drug gangs ...
    Marquis, your position is a double edged sword. Lots of people said it's in our best interests not to let Afghanistan fall to the Taliban and Al Qaeda but now we are in the longest conflict in U.S. history with no end in sight. There are consequences that nobody can predict if we escalate our involvement in Mexico's drug wars. FYI...Mexico already HAS fallen to the drug gangs. It's up to the people of Mexico to take their country back and up to our Federal government (gag) to ensure our borders are secure. We've poured billions into Mexico in the form of aid to fight the drug cartels and the result has been total chaos. Unfortunately, the people in the third world countries like Mexico don't appear to have the will to do what it takes. We can't let them take us down with them.
    A big part of the problem for Mexico citizens to have the will to take back their country is the citizens are not allowed to be armed. If they change that law then maybe they might make some headway against the cartels.
    "Where is our democracy if the federal government can break the laws written and enacted by our congress on behalf of the people?"

I don't think anyone here is disagreeing that the US should do whatever it takes to secure the border.
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by PatriotAZGUY
    Quote Originally Posted by marquis
    But I still think the drug violence is largely a US caused problem, so we owe something to Mexico to help stop it.

Uhhhh, wrong again Hanz. Drug violence spilling over the border into the U.S. is a federal problem over control of the border and the infiltration of Mexican nationals carrying out drug related violence. IMO, we don't owe Mexico a damned thing. They get more money from the U.S. to which most of it goes into their corrupted bottomless pit, than our own states get to control their borders and protect their citizens.
    it's in our own best interests not to let mexico fall to the drug gangs ...
    Marquis, your position is a double edged sword. Lots of people said it's in our best interests not to let Afghanistan fall to the Taliban and Al Qaeda but now we are in the longest conflict in U.S. history with no end in sight. There are consequences that nobody can predict if we escalate our involvement in Mexico's drug wars. FYI...Mexico already HAS fallen to the drug gangs. It's up to the people of Mexico to take their country back and up to our Federal government (gag) to ensure our borders are secure. We've poured billions into Mexico in the form of aid to fight the drug cartels and the result has been total chaos. Unfortunately, the people in the third world countries like Mexico don't appear to have the will to do what it takes. We can't let them take us down with them.
    A big part of the problem for Mexico citizens to have the will to take back their country is the citizens are not allowed to be armed. If they change that law then maybe they might make some headway against the cartels.
    As I understand, a large number of Mexican citizens own weapons despite their misguided laws. I also heard a news report today that some Mexican towns are beginning to take the law into their own hands since their government and local police seem to be powerless. In my opinion, this is a good thing.
    ...I call on you in the name of Liberty, of patriotism & everything dear to the American character, to come to our aid...

William Barret Travis
    Letter From The Alamo Feb 24, 1836

Wow--I just threw up in my mouth a little. I think it's wierd that at the end they start explaining how 'US Border Agents shot and hurt...' and THEN explained that they were assaulted first. Also--does anyone really HONESTLY believe that these smugglers are NOT bringing guns with them? I mean SERIOUSLY! And then when an altrication like this takes place it is made to sound like the border patrol agent attacked THEM as though they are innocent.

But Obama and Napalitano said our borders were the safest they have ever been in years. Liars. We desperatley need armed soldiers who are battle ready to guard our border with Mexico.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12