Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Speak English! This is America!' Bloody brawl erupts at beau

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/artic ... E_ID=50410

Speak English! This is America!'
    Bloody brawl erupts at beauty salon as Spanish sparks customer clawfest
    Posted: May 28, 2006
    10:00 p.m. Eastern

© 2006 WorldNetDaily.com

A Boston beauty salon was more bloody than beautiful this weekend when a brawl broke out over a customer speaking Spanish.

"Speak English! This is America!" one woman reportedly screamed at another at Kathy's Nail Design in the Dorchester section of the city.

The remark ignited a massive melee at the salon, with numerous women engaging in manicure-to-manicure combat.

"Ten years in this country, I never seen anything like this. The lady says 'Speak English, I don't want to hear Spanish!' and big fight happens," shop owner David Win told the Boston Herald. "There was blood in here and everything. There were a lot of customers in here. It [was] crazy."

Friday's incident prompted a call to 9-1-1, and an officer dispatched to break up the battle received scratches on his neck and arm.

Police say it began as one of the suspects, Sonia Pina, 20, was speaking Spanish to her cousin when another woman, Nakeisha Prichard, 20, went on the attack. Within minutes, at least four women were engaged in the salon scuffle.

"The two suspects began to argue and a fight ensued," said police spokeswoman Sharon Dottin.

Prichard allegedly pulled off her pump and began beating Pina with it, explaining to police, "I accidentally took my shoe off and hit her with it after she punched me."

She ended up with charges of assault and battery, resisting arrest, and assault on a police officer, inflicted by her newly manicured fake acrylic nails.

Pina was charged with assault and battery for allegedly punching Prichard in the face.

Later in the evening, the salon was packed with people conversing in several languages, including Vietnamese, Spanish, Portuguese and English.

"A lot of people are angry with us, but they are just stressed out with their own lives and taking it out on the immigrant people," Carmen Riveira, 28, a native of the Dominican Republic now living in Dorchester, told the Herald. "I pay my money to get my nails done. I can speak any language I want in here."

Another customer, Kristine DaRosa, 18, of Dorchester, said her family would be directly affected by the immigration-reform bill currently before Congress. One of her uncles is being deported to their native Cape Verde.

"All kinds of fights are going on because of this,'' said DaRosa. "People should just give everybody a chance.''
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

All kinds of fights are going on because of this,'' said DaRosa. "People should just give everybody a chance.''

They have had more chances than anyone to learn the language. They just refuse to do it. Speaking another language in a room full of people that don't speak it , or a store for that matter is disrespectfull and rude. After all, this is America, speak ENGLISH. And you'll have the chance to get your nails done without getting in a brawl. Now the question is, who is more at fault, the girl who said to speak english this is America? or the girl who threw the first punch. One note though, we ALL KNOW the tension that is rising about this, why go into a store full of people and have a convo in another language when you know damn well its going to upset people?

I too find it rude. Bet that was a great fight though!! I can't tell you how many times I wanted to scream speak ENGLISH!!!! I'm sick of feeling like a foreigner in my own country.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

"A lot of people are angry with us, but they are just stressed out with their own lives and taking it out on the immigrant people," Carmen Riveira,
    A lot of people are fed up with being second class citizens and strangers in their own country senora!
    We are NOT a nation of immigrants!

Quote Originally Posted by crazybird
    I too find it rude. Bet that was a great fight though!! I can't tell you how many times I wanted to scream speak ENGLISH!!!! I'm sick of feeling like a foreigner in my own country.
    haha! I do, I have no problem interupting a convo in spanish with, ENGLISH MANG, ENGLISH. This is America.... most of my friends will NOT go to 7-11 with me, its my favorite place to do it, right over the coffee machines. Its great...lol I love doing it. Most of the time they just get silent and look at me like im crazy.... some mutter under their breath, I just laugh and make a snide comment as I walk away. This is MY country, and the FIRST amendment applies to ME....

Think I'll learn Klingon so I can offend everybody equally!!!!!!

Think I'll learn Klingon so I can offend everybody equally!!!!!!

Good thing I had not been there before or after the fight. Or i would be in the pokie right now. It is pretty obvious that those who came to the shop afterwards were asking for another fight to happen. By the way they conducted themselves. The attitude is amazing.