Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Speaker Ryan Posts Video of Visit to Southern Border: ‘It’s Time for the Wall’

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Speaker Ryan Posts Video of Visit to Southern Border: ‘It’s Time for the Wall’

by PENNY STARR
    1 Aug 2017
    2,795 comments

In a 30-second video of House Speaker Paul Ryan’s (R-WI) visit to the southern border of the United States posted online on Tuesday, Ryan said that border patrol agents “need more tools … to do their jobs effectively” and vows to “get this done this week.”

But the name of the video reads like a Trump campaign slogan: “It’s Time for the Wall” and notes that there are 1,954 miles of southern border between the United States and Mexico.

“I had the opportunity to travel down to Texas, to go to the Rio Grande Valley; spend time with our border patrol,” Ryan said as an EDM beat plays in the background. “When you see what they’re up against it really gives you even greater respect for what they do.

“They clearly need more tools and more support to do their job effectively,” Ryan said. “That’s why we’re going to get this done this week.”

“It’s time for The [sic] Wall,” the text accompanying the video reads. “That’s why the House voted to fully fund the Trump administration’s request to build it.”

The text notes that a wall is not, however, enough. It reads:

As Speaker Ryan saw first hand when he toured the Rio Grande Valley earlier this year, our law enforcement professionals need more tools and more support to do their jobs effectively. So in addition to a physical barrier along our southern border, the House took action to boost funding for our military, update their equipment, and yes, give our service members a well-deserved pay raise.

When it comes to securing our border and keeping Americans safe, talk is cheap. These actions show Congress is serious about getting the job done

The text also lists other actions taken by the House in the 115th congressional session so far:

•Crack down on criminal illegal immigrants who re-enter the country.

•Withhold federal grants from so-called “sanctuary cities.”

•Put more boots at the border, with increased funding for Customs and Border Protection.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...-for-the-wall/
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

How about interior enforcement?

We have a lot of laws on the books at our disposal - dust them off and put them into use.

The first should be stop releasing these people. If they have an order to hold because they have broken the law - they have broken the law - hold them!

When one is caught with fraudulent documents, arrest and convict them under federal law.

Enforce the laws for employers. They know when they are hiring illegals.

Make it plain and simple, no illegals on any state projects - the federal government should do the same. No loopholes - just plainly stated - none.

How many illegals could be working on our military bases right now through contractors?

The BP needs some tools, but let's don't leave it all up to them - there's plenty that can be done with interior enforcement.
    Last edited by nntrixie; 08-02-2017 at 11:56 PM.

It must be election time. The ONLY time Ryan talks this way is when he's trying to buffalo voters into believing he's for any kind of enforcement. I trust this guy as much as I'd trust a holey condom.

LOL!! Hilarious nomas!!! Perfect analogy, too.

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Nomas, a little graphic there, but I get your point and agree.

The same with our very on Cronyn.

Senior Member 6 Million Dollar Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nomas View Post
    It must be election time. The ONLY time Ryan talks this way is when he's trying to buffalo voters into believing he's for any kind of enforcement. I trust this guy as much as I'd trust a holey condom.
    Yeah, I thought Ryan was against enforcing immigration laws. I was wondering what changed his mind.

Senior Member 6 Million Dollar Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nntrixie View Post
    How about interior enforcement?

We have a lot of laws on the books at our disposal - dust them off and put them into use.

The first should be stop releasing these people. If they have an order to hold because they have broken the law - they have broken the law - hold them!

When one is caught with fraudulent documents, arrest and convict them under federal law.

Enforce the laws for employers. They know when they are hiring illegals.

Make it plain and simple, no illegals on any state projects - the federal government should do the same. No loopholes - just plainly stated - none.

How many illegals could be working on our military bases right now through contractors?

The BP needs some tools, but let's don't leave it all up to them - there's plenty that can be done with interior enforcement.
    I agree. We need to also get rid of the dangling carrot. When we catch people who are here illegally, we should imprison them for breaking our laws by illegally entering this country, and this punishment should be severe. Also, we need to stop what they are coming here in the first place for by fining and imprisoning greedy employers who hire these people.

Quote Originally Posted by nntrixie View Post
    Nomas, a little graphic there, but I get your point and agree.

The same with our very on Cronyn.

Sorry if I offended anyone, it just ticked me off. He and McShame do this same song and dance at election time every flipping time!

No offense taken nomas, I think I'm old enough to take it
    Last edited by Beezer; 08-04-2017 at 10:12 AM.
    ILLEGAL ALIENS HAVE "BROKEN" OUR IMMIGRATION SYSTEM

DO NOT REWARD THEM - DEPORT THEM ALL