Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Senior Member FedUpinFarmersBranch's Avatar

SPECIAL REPORT: Online Border Watch: BlueServo.net

SPECIAL REPORT: Online Border Watch: BlueServo.net

Posted: May 8, 2009 10:47 AM CDT

SPECIAL REPORT: Debate Over Border Internet Cameras (5/7)

By Cesar Rodriguez, News Channel 3
    crodriguez@kunamundo.com

According to the Department of Homeland Security, the U.S. is increasing border security to fight against the drug violence in Mexico and implementing an effective immigration enforcement.

That enforcement includes everything from more border agents to the most sophisticated technology sensors, radar, and cameras. One more tool has been implemented on the Texas-Mexico border: www.BlueServo.net.

BlueServo allows users to monitor the border from the comforts of their own home by using the internet. Although officials at BlueServo refused an on-camera interview, they say their program is a "virtual community watch" and it has received 3 million hits from around the world.

They currently have more than 100,000 registered members and plan to expand to other border states.

For the co-founder of the Minutemen Project, Jim Gilchrist, the program is on the right track to protecting American borders.

"These are not machine guns. They are not going to hurt anyone. They allow law enforcement to see a threat, not only from Mexico but the United States. The trafficking occurs both ways," Gilchrist explained.

However, Border Angels member Enrique Morones said BlueServo will only give more power to hate groups and is a recipe for disaster.

"When they say it's a 'neighborhood watch program,' that's what they said about the Minutemen. You saw what happened with the arrest of some members, the fraud committed by Jim Gilchrist."

News Channel 3 wants to know what you think about BlueServo. You can leave your comments in the section below.

http://www.kesq.com/Global/story.asp?S= ... 6&nav=9qrx
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

This sort of thing could easily be outsourced Keep an eye on the Mexican border from Bangladesh
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I am a member of blue servo and very pleased to announce that I have helped catch border crossers.

I'm a member also
    Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!

Quote Originally Posted by dragonfire
    I'm a member also
    Me Too! I love it, it feels like I'm doing something to help.
    If Palestine puts down their guns, there will be peace.
    If Israel puts down their guns there will be no more Israel.
    Dick Morris

I'm a member also
    me too. though with working crazy hours the past month i have not spent alot of time on there. might do so tonight.

Now i dont know about yall, but i tend to look at one cam for a minute then move to something else instead of maybe watching only one

Quote Originally Posted by jamesw62
    I'm a member also
    me too. though with working crazy hours the past month i have not spent alot of time on there. might do so tonight.

Now i dont know about yall, but i tend to look at one cam for a minute then move to something else instead of maybe watching only one
    I take a quick look thru all camera's, then I pick one to put to the top left and it stays there while I do computing.
    I change camera's every now and then.
    Dick Morris

All I need to do is sit on my front porch, it can get pretty exciting around here at time!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by MountainDog
    All I need to do is sit on my front porch, it can get pretty exciting around here at time!
    That would be un-nerving to me.
    I don't like to think about people sneaking around within sight of my home.
    Dick Morris

Quote Originally Posted by MountainDog
    want some company for a few days so one can see first hand what
    your going through over there???? lol