Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Speculation swirls over Mitt-Jeb pairing in 2008

http://news.bostonherald.com/politics/v ... eid=164837

That’s the ticket? Speculation swirls over Mitt-Jeb pairing in 2008
    By Kimberly Atkins
    Boston Herald Reporter

Monday, October 30, 2006 - Updated: 01:17 AM EST

Gov. Mitt Romney is tapping the seasoned political team of Florida Gov. Jeb Bush, leading to speculation that the Mormon from Massachusetts may be courting the Bible Belt blueblood for a possible Romney-Bush ’08 ticket.

Earlier this month, Jeb Bush’s former chief of staff and top political adviser, Sally Bradshaw, jumped to Romney’s Commonwealth political action committee.

Soon after, Romney flew to the key electoral Sunshine State to join Bush for campaign events and fund-raisers - and, sources said, to gauge Bush’s interest in being a running mate.

“There has been substantive talk between the two of them” about the possibility of the president’s younger brother running for vice president if Romney wins the nomination, one GOP source with knowledge of the Oct. 19 meeting told the Herald. “Everyone in Florida is expecting an endorsement by Gov. Bush (of) Romney.”

Days after the meeting, Bush’s chief finance director - Ann Woods Herberger, whose association with the Bush family dates back to George H.W. Bush’s presidential first campaign - also joined Romney’s political action committee.

The moves have set political circles abuzz with rumors of a Mitt-Jeb ticket.

Strategists said Jeb Bush, who has ruled out running for president or Senate himself, would bring name recognition and fund-raising power to Romney’s ticket.

“It’s also a way for Jeb Bush to run on the national ticket without having to run for the ticket,” since vice presidential candidates are chosen, not elected, said political analyst David Mark, a former political reporter who covered Gov. Jeb Bush.

“For religious conservatives who have concerns about Romney’s (Mormon) faith, it’s the best of both worlds,” Mark said. “He’s a strong executive who’s also conservative.”

Many Republican candidates are loathe to associate themselves with the president this political season, but Jeb Bush attracts little if any of the Iraq War-fueled anti-Bush sentiment generated by his brother.

New Hampshire-based GOP consultant David Carney said Bush would bring “an extremely well-respected record of accomplishment.”

“He’s an articulate, focused guy,” Carney said. “He has a great resume and has been very successful (with) things like education reform, health care and a whole bunch of areas that are not typically strong points for Republicans.”

Carney, an adviser to several presidential campaigns including that of George H.W. Bush, said he has never heard of a candidate courting potential running mates this early in the campaign season. But, he said, if Romney has his eye on Bush, he’s probably not alone.

“I think (Jeb Bush) would be a serious contender (for president) if his last name was anything other than Bush,” Carney said, adding that voters have “Bush fatigue” after electing Jeb Bush’s father and brother. But because of his popularity, “I’m sure he’d be considered (as a running mate) no matter who the nominee is.”

What is Mitt Romney thinking, this will surely hurt his odds in running for the presidency in 2008
    Freedom isn't free... Don't forget the men who died and gave that right to all of us....
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I'm wondering if any research has been done by ALIPACers on whether or not Jeb's wife Columba was legal or illegal immigrant. As long as he continues on in politics and is potential candidate for anything more, I think we should know all there is to know about this family. Here are some quotes from his son and a photo (with fist). So it appears that the GPBush agenda has succeeded?....

“‘This is a President who represents the diversity of our society, who we can count on to change the Republican Party to represent our views.’" … He told the rally his mother had instilled him the values of Cesar Chavez, the Chicano activist who fought for the rights of migrant farmworkers in the United States. ‘She told me we have to fight for our race, we have to find the leaders who represent us,’ he said in fluent Spanish.’

"Our biggest challenge will be to separate my uncle from the rest of the Republican Party."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/865000/im ... 10_300.jpg

There is NO way that I would vote for another Bush. Vice President and then President. Jeb Bush would continue with the SPP and NAU just like his father and brother. And he's married to someone from Mexico. NO way!!

MW
    Where does Gov. Mitt Romney stand on the illegal immigrant issue?

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by MW
    Where does Gov. Mitt Romney stand on the illegal immigrant issue?
    He's so very carefully kept out of the fray from my observances, and I have watched him carefully knowing how the Mormons have used the ILLEGALS for decades. They're a large part of the AMNESTY crowd.

I didn't trust him then and I don't trust him now. With the added bush people on his payroll.........that sunk him with finality for me.

mho
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

No more shrubs period.
    The John McCain Call Center
    [img]http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/815000/images/_818096_foxphone150.jpg[/]

Banned
    I think a Romney-Bush ticket would insure a 'black-bag op' on Romney in short order!

Another Bush as President?

The monarchy is re-born as a familial dictatorship.

Quote Originally Posted by PinestrawGuys
    I think a Romney-Bush ticket would insure a 'black-bag op' on Romney in short order!

LOL.......you ain't seen nothin yet, PINE.
    Wait until Chelsea klinton storms on the scene.
    She's being groomed as we type.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 2ndamendsis

I didn't need that lunch anyway!

(Where's that little :barf: emoticon when I NEED it?)

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndamendsis

I didn't need that lunch anyway!

(Where's that little :barf: emoticon when I NEED it?)
    oHHHHHH, I'm really sorry!!
    Seems like I've caused you to barf quite a bit since last week, PINE
    Well, at least it's a diet plan, LOL.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast