Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by Gogo
    I say all freshman Congressman have only one term. We push to get rid of the freshman Congresspersons and that will get Pelosi out of the House.
    It doesn't matter if they were in on it. It matters that WE send them a big message.
    I second that motion !

I agree but I think we should work to get out all that voted for this bill, don't punish the ones who voted against it, a THANK YOU will go alot farther to aid our side.

------------ "RED ALERT" ------------------
    ACTIVIST PLEASE TAKE ACTION!!! NOW!! 12/19
    HUCKABEE/GILCHRIST

Link to information and Instructions!!!
    http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-94878.html
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

There are audio links at the source.
    ~~
    Reducing Border Fence 'Unacceptable,' Brownback Says
    By Josiah Ryan
    CNSNews.com Staff Writer
    December 19, 2007

On the Spot (CNSNews.com) - The Senate passed a $555 billion omnibus spending bill Tuesday evening that strips one layer off the 700 miles of double-border fence that was originally mandated by the Secure Fence Act (enacted in October 2006).

Under this new spending bill, the barrier erected along the Mexican border will be only a single line of fencing, rather than the double line of fences with a patrol road running between them, such as the barrier that has already been constructed in the San Diego area.

Cybercast News Service went to Capitol Hill on Wednesday, as the Senate was preparing to vote for the omnibus bill later that evening, to ask senators if they supported this reduction of the fence. Many seemed unaware of the reduction, which was buried in the 3,565-page spending bill, but Sen. Sam Brownback (R-Kan.) flatly declared the change was "unacceptable."

"Well, I think that's unacceptable," Brownback said when asked whether he supported the provision reducing the border barrier from a double fence to a single fence. Later that evening, Brownback voted in favor of the bill. (Listen to Audio)

Sen. Russell Feingold (D-Wis.) said he had not considered the issue. "I have not even thought about that. I will have to think about that," he said. Feingold voted against the bill. (Listen to Audio)

Sen. Gordon Smith(R-Ore.) said he was unaware of the proposal and that he does not support such a reduction. "I am for whatever amount of fence is necessary to secure our border. My preference is enough fence to make it work. I believe that's a double fence," he said. Smith voted for the bill. (Listen to Audio)

When pressed on whether or not he would support the proposal, he repeated that it is not his preference but added he is willing to compromise to get any fence on the ground. "It's not my preference, but working around this place isn't about what's perfect. It's about what's possible." (Listen to Audio)

"I think ultimately what will be necessary is what's perfect, and that's a double fence," he said. "I'll vote for it. And if they bring me an appropriation bill to get (the double fence) done I will vote for that too." (Listen to Audio)

Sen. Richard Burr (R-N.C.) also offered a solid answer. "I am for the strictest border security we can put in place, and the double fence seems to be the answer to that." He continued by laying the blame for the change in legislation on House Democrats. "It shows a lack of interest on the part of the majority party in real border security," he said.

Asked if the fence reduction would factor into his decision to reject the omnibus bill, Burr said, "It's one of many points I will point out on the Senate floor." Burr voted against the bill.

Sen. John R. Thune (R-S.D.) said he was unaware of the change. "I hadn't focused on the actual dimensions of the construction of the fence at this point. All I know is, we need a fence and we need a mechanism to make sure people don't come in illegally." (Listen to Audio)

Asked if he would support it in the omnibus bill, he again pointed out he was unaware of the change. "Well I guess I am not acquainted with whether it is a double or a single." Thune voted for the bill. (Listen to Audio)

www.cnsnews.com
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Well, this bill funds one lair of fence. I bet that there will be a bill to fund the second lair next year.

Don't get discouraged people. This is a step forward. Even if this is not the step we all wanted. I know this a disapointment that will galvanize all those who want adequate border security to continue fighting and demand a second border fence.

Call every senator and congressman who voted for this bill and tell them there better be a bill next year that funds the second fence.

Senators voting and NOT EVEN KNOWING what they are voting for or against--how can they represent the voice of the citizens! Bills such as this are garbage can bills.
    This is what we are paying these incompetents.
    Congress: Rank-and-File Members' Salary
    The current salary (2006) for rank-and-file members of the House and Senate is $165,200 per year.
    Congress: Leadership Members' Salary (110th Congress)
    Leaders of the House and Senate are paid a higher salary than rank-and-file members.
    Senate Leadership
    Majority Leader - $183,500
    Minority Leader - $183,500
    House Leadership
    Speaker of the House - $212,100
    Majority Leader - $183,500
    Minority Leader - $183,500
    http://usgovinfo.about.com/library/weekly/aa031200a.htm

Governments will always misuse the machinery of the law as far as the state of public opinion permits.
    - Emile Capouya
    "Distrust and caution are the parents of security."
    Benjamin Franklin

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I am mad as hell!!! But I will not give up, this next year we need to list all Senators who are up for re-election who voted for this and other bad bills and work on removing them from office.

Same with congress, the first of the year we need to get the message out on every traitor in every state who in congress has turned against we the people and our country.
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

no we just need to remove everyone and start over

YOu got it, jamesw62

If they are in there, vote them out.

We have something like a 90% incumbency rate. That means 90% have been up there at least 2 terms and many have been there over a dozen terms.

That means they have had ample time to do something about illegal immigration. Even if they weren't from border states that were the only ones affected for some time, they knew of the problem. They knew our laws were being broken and they just sat back, took their money from corporations, and kept their mouths shut.

They need to go. I don't care how much pork they bring home, how many babies they kiss, professed Christian or not - send them home. If they are good guys, they'll be good guys at home and help make things better.

We need to create The New Party - and fill it with new people for the next 2 or 3 elections until we get their attention.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12