Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Spokeswoman: Illegals 'not seeking to live here'

'They want to be at home, but they want to have a better job'

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Posted: October 17, 2007
    1:00 a.m. Eastern

© 2007 WorldNetDaily.com

The spokeswoman for President Bush says illegal aliens from Mexico do not want to live permanently in the United States; they just want better jobs.

Dana Perino was responding to a question from Les Kinsolving, WND's correspondent at the White House, who asked: "In Mexico President Calderon's state of the nation address, he said, 'Mexico does not end at its borders. Where there is a Mexican, there is Mexico.' And my question: What is the president's reaction to this statement, and what [does it mean] to New Mexico and other U.S. states?"

"The president has tried to push forward a comprehensive immigration reform bill," Perino said. "Obviously, he thinks that if people want to come here and work, they want to do so temporarily. They're not seeking to live here, they want to live at home, but they want to have a better job in Mexico. And the president would like to see a comprehensive immigration reform bill done."

The Washington Post reported Felipe Calderon was critical of the United States at a recent invitation-only event where he delivered his state of the nation message, because such "immigration reforms" that among other things could create new and simpler paths to citizenship have been stalled in Congress.

He called for "more of the world in Mexico and more of Mexico in the world." And he warned his government would "energetically protest unilateral actions" by Congress regarding immigration, decisions he said would "exacerbate the persecution of undocumented Mexicans in the U.S."

The Post reported that Mexican consulates in the United States have been buttressed to look out for the rights of the illegals.

"Wherever there is a Mexican," Calderon said. "That is Mexico."

Bloggers had a field day over the comment.

"And where there is an utterly depraved nincompoop, there is the President of Mexicio," wrote Rick Moran at American Thinker.

"Interesting, isn't it? Calderon can't even make that boast good in his own country! Millions of Mexican citizens live in areas not controlled by the Mexican government but by vicious, murdering drug gangs," Moran wrote. "In the end, his rhetoric is as empty as his head if he thinks that anyone actually believes such nonsense."

In another question, Kinsolving raised the issue of the Fairness Doctrine, which keeps recurring in Congress.

"Senate Majority Leader – Majority Whip Durbin wants the so-called Fairness Doctrine returned because he says, 'the airwaves belong to the American people.' And my question: Does the president know of any daily newspaper in the United States without a website, so that if the Fairness Doctrine was ever restored, all these newspapers would have to provide equal time?"

"I don't know. You've stumped me," Perino said.

She previously has commented that the president does not believe the Fairness Doctrine is needed. Earlier, she told WND that the White House includes "big fans" of talk radio.

Former White House spokesman Tony Snow also had said earlier the Fairness Doctrine simply is unnecessary. Such a provision requires broadcast outlets to air both sides of any issue, and was instituted when the industry often had only a single station in some cities.

It later was dropped, but talk of the issue has been revived in recent months because of the influence of conservative talk radio shows in the nation.

Sen. Dick Durbin, D-Ill., has lobbied for the provision. "I have this old-fashioned attitude that when Americans hear both sides of the story, they're in a better position to make a decision," he's said.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/artic ... E_ID=58189
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    The Mexican President is the head of a corrupt, nasty and cheap nation.. He reminds me of a used car salesmen in polyester

As far as the White House.... bush is a pathetic corrupt man as well as a complete and utter idiot

I truly hope he takes some on-line classes. He is an idiot and really makes this country look bad if he is the best we have to offer as a leader of the free world

Sen. DICK Durban is a worthless piece of cow dung... I really wish the Federal government would check his bank account for irregularities / large sums of money donated to him by Mexico

Bring back Karl Rove please .... I wish to donate a couple hundred dollars so he can get an operation to reduce his man boobs
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: Spokeswoman: Illegals 'not seeking to live here'

Quote Originally Posted by jean
    'They want to be at home, but they want to have a better job'--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Posted: October 17, 2007
    1:00 a.m. Eastern

"The president has tried to push forward a comprehensive immigration reform bill," Perino said. "Obviously, he thinks that if people want to come here and work, they want to do so temporarily. They're not seeking to live here, they want to live at home, but they want to have a better job in Mexico. And the president would like to see a comprehensive immigration reform bill done."

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/artic ... E_ID=58189

We want them to be at home also and we should help them get back home.
    At home, they can work toward changing things better for them there instead of trying to change things here for them. Our laws do not work for illegal immigrants.