Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Spring Break Students Warned Of Violence South Of The Border

http://www.10news. com/news/ 15540195/ detail.html

Spring Break Students Warned Of Violence South Of The Border
    POSTED: 12:42 pm PST March 8, 2008
    UPDATED: 12:53 pm PST March 8, 2008

SAN DIEGO -- As an estimated 100,000 students plan to visit some part of Baja California for spring break, officials are warning people to avoid the area, 10News reported.
    Friday a group of about 150 college students, some from San Diego State University, jumped on a party bus and headed to Tijuana, despite the warning.
    Baja seems to have become the battleground for drug cartels and police officers with innocent victims caught in the middle.
    Yet none of it phases some San Diegans.
    They're heading back from their monthly trip to Tijuana.
    "You can also get attacked in San Diego," said San Diego resident Dawn Tucker.
    Meanwhile, Audra Bergman is packing her bags. "I am going to Mexico, going to Ensenada," said Bergman
    Bergman and nine others are crossing the border for a weekend trip.
    Bergman is, however, concerned. "My boyfriend, he's the most nervous about it," Bergman said.
    That is why they're taking some added vigilance. "We're not going to bring our watches, little cash, just try to be careful," said Bergman.
    Local officials said that is a good beginning, but are still warning San Diegans. Since Thanksgiving 18 Americans have been kidnapped near Tijuana and held for ransom.
    "The brutality that's inflicted is unconscious able," said a border patrol agent.
    Not reassuring news for college student Rrolette Doe-Williams and her friend, but this college student from Virginia isn't going home without saying she visited Mexico too.
    "This morning, my mom called and said there's violence, but I'm sure I'll be OK," said Doe-Williams.
    As students continue to visit, local officials still warn that it's imperative to be on alert.

Sounds to me like these kids are just asking for trouble. We will be reading about them in the paper next week. If people want to be this stupid, then they deserve whatever happens to them.

Sounds to me like these kids are just asking for trouble. We will be reading about them in the paper next week. If people want to be this stupid, then they deserve whatever happens to them.

Duplicate post.
    Please refer further comments to:
    http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-106896-baj ... california
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn