Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

SS Benifits for Mexicans

RetireSafe.org - Protecting Your Retirement, Securing Your Benefits
    Home About Us News Issues Volunteer DONATE! Contact

Search
    Stop the US-Mexico Social Security Totalization Agreement:
    Illegal Aliens Could Collect Valuable Social Security Benefits

Should we pay $1 Billion a year in Social Security Retirement benefits to ILLEGAL aliens from Mexico?

That's EXACTLY what will happen if Congress doesn't act to stop the U.S.-Mexico Social Security Treaty.

If the Treaty is allowed to go into effect, the fallout will be CATASTROPHIC – plunging Social Security further into debt and putting YOUR retirement security in jeopardy. Send a message to Congress today (http://www.congressweb.com/cweb4/index. ... hotissue=1) and tell them to say No to the U.S.-Mexico Totalization Treaty.

Currently our government has entered into 20 some totalization agreements with nations – mostly in Europe and Asia – that have economic parity to the U.S. They are designed to ensure that U.S. workers in other countries are not inflicted with burdensome double taxation and are eligible for Social Security credits based on years worked abroad.

The agreement with Mexico is different:

* It will reward Mexican citizens who came to our country and worked illegally by allowing them to collect valuable U.S. Social Security benefits. The Social Security Administration admits that those who worked here using fake Social Security numbers would be rewarded with credits for years of illegal work.
    * It is projected to be the most costly totalization agreement – more than $300 billion over the next decade. The General Accounting Office admits that the cost of the agreement is highly uncertain and does not consider the millions of current and former unauthorized workers and their families.
    * It sets a dangerous precedent for encouraging illegal immigration. The Census Bureau estimates that there are as many as 11 million illegal aliens from Mexico living and working in the U.S. The Mexican government has made no secret of the fact that it encourages its workers to travel to the U.S., find work, and send money back to Mexico. Income from Mexicans living abroad is the second highest contributor to the country’s GDP.

It is crucial that Congress act now and stop this potential giveaway of billions of valuable Social Security dollars to illegal aliens from Mexico. Hard-working Americans pay taxes each and every day to support our Social Security system. At a time when Social Security is ill-prepared to keep its promise to Americans, it makes no sense allow illegal immigrants to reap the benefits.

Send a message to your Members of Congress today! http://www.congressweb.com/cweb4/index. ... hotissue=1

Donate Online

Tell Congress to Stop Unfair Medicare Means Testing! TAKE ACTION!

RetireSafe.org · 1900 Campus Commons Drive, Suite 100 · Reston, VA 20191
    Phone: 703-766-6360 · Email: info@retiresafe.org

Should we pay $1 Billion a year in Social Security Retirement benefits to ILLEGAL aliens from Mexico?

That's EXACTLY what will happen if Congress doesn't act to stop the U.S.-Mexico Social Security Treaty
    What the hell is this? First time I've heard of it. Anyone got any detailed information on this issue?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

This has been an issue for awhile. Here is the government's cheerful sounding fact sheet from 2004:

http://www.ssa.gov/pressoffice/factshee ... Mexico.htm

And for the real info, read this analysis from Numbers:

http://www.numbersusa.com/hottopic/totalization.htm

Call the Senate: NO AgJOBS or Dream Act Amnesties !
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Zeezil

I have heard of this for quite some time.

Here is the part that gets me.

Foreign workers can qualify with as few as 6 quarters of work, rather than 40 quarters (benefits would be prorated to reflect only credits earned in the United States); and

More family members of workers are entitled to benefits, because the agreement waives rules that restrict certain payments to non-citizen dependents living outside the United States. Under current law, non-citizen spouses and children must have lived in the United States for at least five years (lawfully or unlawfully), and the family relationship to the worker must have existed during that time in order for them to receive benefits while outside the United States. A totalization agreement overrides this requirement.
    We have to work 40 quarters, but they can become eligible after a year and a half.

Stop the US-Mexico Social Security Totalization Agreement
    Yes I have heard...but just could not believe it.... I believe it is in the SPP
    Never look at another flag. Remember, that behind Government, there is your country, and that you belong to her as you do belong to your own mother. Stand by her as you would stand by your own mother

Actually, if I remember the details correctly, the SSTA is technically 'an agreement' - eg. can be implemented as 'law', without the explicit approval of Congress (grrrrr!) SSTA is the 'Social Security Totalization Agreement' - in this case referring to the pending one with Mexico, but other similar 'agreements' have been put in effect for about 15-20 countries dating back to the mid 1970's.

The Senior Citizens League - a group similar in function to the AARP - has spearheaded activities to oppose the SSTA and should be recognized for their valiant efforts (this includes filing FOIA request to force the SSA to reveal the details of the 'agreement'). www.tscl.org (I'm not a member, but appreciate their work in this area).

Bottom line: watch your government closely, and speak to your elected officials to tell them what you think!!!

I consider this agreement a form of stealing. No agreement should be allowed to do this. This agreement is just another act of treason by the freak in the White House.

Since I turned 55 I have been getting AARP membership material in the mail. I have always circular filed them. (That would be admitting I am getting old) Maybe the next one I get I will indeed join and have another avenue to fight this crazy government. Every avenue will eventually merge into one. Maybe they will get the hint that we are tired of this nonsense and give our country back to us.

Just signed a petition against this in the mail from the Senior Citizens league. I'm not a senior yet, but I wanted to add my name to the protest of SS totalization. It must be stopped.

Sent the email petition too USA_born. Thanks for the link.