Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

State Championship Coach May Be Deported SOB - DEPORTED

State Championship Coach May Be Deported

Updated: Friday, 17 Jun 2011, 5:25 PM MST
    Published : Friday, 17 Jun 2011, 12:26 PM MST

PHOENIX - A valley coach has taken teams to state championships, but after a minor traffic stop, he may have to leave the country.

That's because it turns out that he's been living here illegally.

Miguel Aparicio, 37, is a volunteer cross country coach for Alhambra High School. He gained national esteem for turning runners into state champions.

He came to the United States with his grandmother when he was 15. She is legal, he is not.

"I was brought here when I was a teenager, I did not know if I broke the law. They just brought me here."

Today, students came to the immigration office in a show of support.

After being found to be an illegal immigrant during a minor traffic stop, he spent Friday morning trying to get an extension to stay in the country, but he was not successful.

Aparicio must now either leave the country on his own at midnight or stay here and appeal the decision.

Aparicio said he has not decided what he will do yet, stay or go. It's difficult to remain in the country on humanitarian grounds, but the coach has had a major impact in the valley and has many supporters in his corner.

http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/dpp/news/im ... d-06172011
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

"I was brought here when I was a teenager, I did not know if I broke the law."
    If you're 15 and you don't know you are breaking the law, you aren't real bright.
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

He came to the United States with his grandmother when he was 15. She is legal, he is not.

"I was brought here when I was a teenager, I did not know if I broke the law. They just brought me here."
    I see...so you're 37 now. When did you figure out that you might in fact be breaking the law? I'm not even going to ask how this invader became a volunteer coach working with kids. No background check? No paperwork? No one asked to see some identification? No nothing?

For goodness sakes!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnDoe2
    "I was brought here when I was a teenager, I did not know if I broke the law."
    If you're 15 and you don't know you are breaking the law, you aren't real bright.
    Excuses excuses thats all you here from illegals when their caught they arent that dang dumb they know the laws and just hope they dont get caught.Send him home this isnt his home if he wants to stay and do it the legal way.

Typical illegal invader behavior...when they get caught, they just shrug their shoulders and exclaim "I don't know anything."
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Beloved Coach Ordered to Leave County

Updated: Monday, 20 Jun 2011, 5:21 PM MST
    Published : Monday, 20 Jun 2011, 5:21 PM MST

PHOENIX - He won two state championships and turned around countless young lives as a volunteer cross country coach at Alhambra High School.

But winning fame as an inspirational role model was not enough for Miguel Aparecio. Monday, the 37-year-old man was deported back to Mexico after a long legal battle.

Aparecio was brought to the United States by his family when he was 15. He lived with his 86-year-old grandmother, who is a legal American resident.

Then, two years ago Aparecio got stopped for a minor traffic offense in Casa Grande. His name came up: undocumented.

Monday, an immigration judge rejected his last appeal.

There were long, quiet sobs, and students standing in stunned silence. The news hit his supporters like a kick in the stomach.

"Many of the kids he helped could have been in gangs. Through cross-country he gave them a family, gave all of us a family, just feels like they are taking away one of our family members," said Daniel Pina.

Monday, Miguel Aparicio was ready outside the U.S. Immigration Office.

"If I have to go back there is nothing I can do. I will just have to go back," he told Fox 10.

He walked into the ICE office this morning, knowing there was a chance he would be deported immediately. Or, allowed to stay temporarily and wait for a written decision, or, the judge could allow him to stay on what his attorney calls humanitarian grounds.

"He has been here many years here, community involvement for many years, and takes care of his grandmother," said immigration attorney Jose Penalosa.

Miguel entered a holding cell, waiting for the judge's ruling. Early Monday afternoon word came: get on the immigration bus and get off in Nogales. Miguel Aparecio's American dream is over.

Aparecio got on the bus with $20 in his pocket. He was taking care of his ailing grandmother in the valley. It's unclear who will take care of her, or what Aparecio will do in Mexico. He hasn't been there for 22 years.

http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/dpp/news/im ... -6-20-2011
    NO AMNESTY

Read the coach's sob story here:

http://www.alipac.us/ftopicp-1237274.html#1237274

He says he'll be back.

Miguel entered a holding cell, waiting for the judge's ruling. Early Monday afternoon word came: get on the immigration bus and get off in Nogales. Miguel Aparecio's American dream is over.
    Nice to see our immigration laws working for a change! I thought with all the media attention and SOB stories abound, this invader was going to get a free pass.

"He has been here many years here, community involvement for many years, and takes care of his grandmother," said immigration attorney Jose Penalosa
    I do not know how these immigration judges do it! EVERY illegal invader is presented as the ILLEGAL INVADER OF THE YEAR when making their arguments as to why the shouldn't be deported! With all these saints being deported, one would think mexico should be a better country!

Illegal re-entry is the top federal criminal charge

. . . Illegal entry, when an individual is caught for the first time entering the U.S. illegally, is the second most common immigration crime and is considered a misdemeanor, which averages a sentence of one month in custody, according to the report. . .

http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-241341.html
    NO AMNESTY

Former Phoenix high school coach deported

by Matt Haldane - Jun. 21, 2011 12:00 AM
    The Arizona Republic-12 News Breaking News Team

A former Alhambra High School assistant cross-country coach was deported Monday after the U.S. Department of Homeland Security denied his request to stay in the country.

Miguel Aparicio was arrested in 2009 by the Pinal County Sheriff's Office. He was pulled over after running a stop sign and subsequently arrested when authorities learned Aparicio was in the country illegally.

Aparicio requested a stay of deportation, citing community involvement and the fact that he was living with and taking care of his grandmother as reasons for his staying, said Jose Penalosa, his attorney.

After the request was denied, Aparicio was required to leave by Monday evening on a bus that would take him to the border town of Nogales and then Mexico.

Aparicio will be unable to enter the United States for at least 10 years now that he has a deportation order against him, Penalosa said.

Over the years, Aparicio coached at several Valley schools, including Phoenix South Mountain and Laveen Cesar Chavez.

http://www.azcentral.com/community/phoe ... -abrk.html
    NO AMNESTY