Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Statement From Gov Brewer on SB1070 Ruling

Statement by Governor Jan Brewer on SB 1070July 28, 2010

“This fight is far from over. In fact, it is just the beginning, and at the end of what is certain to be a long legal struggle, Arizona will prevail in its right to protect our citizens. I am deeply grateful for the overwhelming support we have received from across our nation in our efforts to defend against the failures of the federal government.

“I have consulted with my legal counsel about our next steps. We will take a close look at every single element Judge Bolton removed from the law, and we will soon file an expedited appeal at the United States Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit.

“For anyone willing to see it -- the crisis is as clear as is the federal government’s failure to address it.

“The judge herself noted that the stash houses where smugglers hide immigrants from Mexico before bringing them into the country's interior have become a fixture on the news in Arizona and that, ‘You can barely go a day without a location being found in Phoenix where there are numerous people being harbored.’â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I'd be interested in what Russell Pearce, the author of this law (and whose police officer son was SHOT IN THE STOMACH BY AN ILLEGAL I was shocked to find out) has to say about this ruling!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I am sure that financial donations to the Governor's SB 1070 Legal Defense Fund would be especially appreciated at this time. Please see below for information.

Keep AZ Safe

I Want to Donate
    https://az.gov/app/keepazsafe/index.xhtml

Welcome to the Keep AZ Safe Donation Application

Amounts represent Website contributions only, mail-in contributions are not included in these totals.

people have donated

$1,239,558.82
    donations collected

Currently Arizona faces many legal challenges to its recently passed laws dealing with border security and immigration. Arizona is proud to defend these laws which are aimed at protecting its citizens and the great State of Arizona and will be very aggressive in their defense.

If you would like to contribute to Arizona, please review the section below listing the items you will need and click the "I Want to Donate" button.

Thank you.

Before Starting This Application You Will Need the Following Items.

Valid Visa, MasterCard, American Express or Discover Card
    Valid Email Address
    Access to a Printer

Please Note
    The State of Arizona provides no opinion as to whether donations to the Border Security and Immigration Legal Defense fund are deductible for federal income tax purposes. A donor may wish to consult a tax professional for advice.

All donations collected through this website will be deposited into the Border Security and Immigration Legal Defense fund to be used by Arizona on Border Security and Immigration matters.

No campaign or reelection contributions are accepted through this website.

https://az.gov/app/keepazsafe/index.xhtml

And from an Arizona Star article:
    Checks should be made out to:

Governor Brewer's Security & Immigration Legal Defense Fund

and may be mailed to

Office of the Governor
    1700 W. Washington St.
    Phoenix, AZ 85007

http://azstarnet.com/news/local/border/ ... 15569.html

Re: Statement From Gov Brewer on SB1070 Ruling

[quote="SicNTiredInSoCal"]Statement by Governor Jan Brewer on SB 1070July 28, 2010

“This fight is far from over. In fact, it is just the beginning, and at the end of what is certain to be a long legal struggle, Arizona will prevail in its right to protect our citizens. I am deeply grateful for the overwhelming support we have received from across our nation in our efforts to defend against the failures of the federal government.

“I have consulted with my legal counsel about our next steps. We will take a close look at every single element Judge Bolton removed from the law, and we will soon file an expedited appeal at the United States Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit.

“For anyone willing to see it -- the crisis is as clear as is the federal government’s failure to address it.

“The judge herself noted that the stash houses where smugglers hide immigrants from Mexico before bringing them into the country's interior have become a fixture on the news in Arizona and that, ‘You can barely go a day without a location being found in Phoenix where there are numerous people being harbored.’â€

Call & voice your opinion. Judge SUSAN R. BOLTON
    Phone: (number removed by ME - sorry W)

Deport all illegal aliens

THIS DEMONSTRATES THAT DEMOCRATS ARE NOT FOR THE RULE OF LAW IN TERMS OF ENFORCING IMMIGRATION LAWS TO DEPORT ILLEGAL ALIENS. THAT IS WHY I ALWAYS SAY REMOVE FROM OFFICE ALL THE DEMOCRATS. THEY ALWAYS SUPPORT ILLEGAL ALIENS INSTEAD OF SUPPORTING AMERICANS. IN 2012 WE NEED A NEW PRESIDENT WHO WILL ENFORCE IMMIGRATION LAWS AND WHO WILL SUPPORT SB 1070 ACROSS THIS NATION. IT IS CLEAR OBAMA WILL NOT DO THAT. THEREFORE, OBAMA WILL BE HISTORY IN 2012.

An immediate positive result of Bolton's ruling will be a severe BACKLASH from the citizens of Arizona on John McCain!
    Join our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & to secure US borders by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn