Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

States Fighting Back on Illegal Immigration

By La Shawn Barber
    Monday, July 9, 2007

King George’s amnesty-for-illegal-aliens bill has failed.

It’s time for state and local governments across the country to focus on individuals and businesses that hire illegal aliens. Our southern border will remain porous until the feds decide to do their job, but there would be far fewer border crossings if illegals had no jobs for which to cross the border.

The federal government refuses to enforce current laws, and Congress recently tried to pass new laws to legalize millions of illegal aliens. State and local governments have little choice but to act and protect taxpaying citizens.

Several states already have made bold moves. In 2004, 56 percent of Arizona voters approved Proposition 200, which requires individuals to produce proof of citizenship before registering to vote or applying for welfare. Public officials who fail to report individuals who can’t produce the necessary documents face misdemeanor charges, fines and citizen lawsuits.

But that doesn’t go far enough. Illegal aliens are such a strain on Arizona taxpayers (an estimated $1.3 billion annually) that last week, Governor Janet Napolitano, a Democrat, signed into law what’s being dubbed the toughest sanction against employers who hire illegal immigrants, the Arizona Republic reported. Scheduled to take effect on Jan. 1, 2008, the law will require Arizona employers to verify the status of employees through the Basic Pilot Program. First offenders who “knowinglyâ€
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Re: States Fighting Back on Illegal Immigration

[quote="jean"]

By La Shawn Barber
    Monday, July 9, 2007

The next battle also should center on correcting the misapplication of “birthright citizenship,â€
    <div>If a squirrel goes up a politician's pants... You can bet...he'll come-back down hungry.....

</div>

I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

But that doesn’t go far enough. Illegal aliens are such a strain on Arizona taxpayers (an estimated $1.3 billion annually) that last week, Governor Janet Napolitano, a Democrat, signed into law what’s being dubbed the toughest sanction against employers who hire illegal immigrants, the Arizona Republic reported.
    When I was a little girl, I remember we had this squirrel in our backyard that came up from the canyon behind our house. I felt sorry for it, so I fed it some Vanlla Wafers and peanuts. Well, you guessed it....a few days later there wasn't just one squirrel in my our backyard, there were several. After a few weeks we were overrun with hungry squirrels. My mom forbade me to EVER feed the squirrels again, and they eventually went away.

And herein lies the problem. Where there's one needy Mexican peasant with hungry mouths to feed back home, there are a million more of the same. It stretches Americans' compassionate spirit to the snapping point. After awhile, you lose your compassion and you scream, "Enough!!"

Just stop "feeding" them, and they'll go away. It's as simple as that.
    Calderon was absolutely right when he said...."Where there is a Mexican, there is Mexico".

exactly..................

Quote Originally Posted by americangirl

Just stop "feeding" them, and they'll go away. It's as simple as that.
    exactly..................
    <div>If a squirrel goes up a politician's pants... You can bet...he'll come-back down hungry.....

</div>