Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

States hire foreign teachers to ease shortages

States hire foreign teachers to ease shortages

By Garry Mitchell
    ASSOCIATED PRESS

9:22 p.m. September 13, 2008

BAY MINETTE, Ala. – The school system in coastal Baldwin County – 60 miles by 25 miles of Alabama farmland framed on two sides by waterfront towns – was short on teachers, especially in courses such as math and science.

So short, in fact, that district officials went around the world last year, with expenses paid by a teacher recruiting firm, and brought back Michel Olalo of Manila and 11 other Filipinos to teach along the shores of the Gulf Coast and Mobile Bay and in the communities in between.

That raised some eyebrows in Baldwin County, where nine out of 10 people are white, just one in 50 is foreign-born and, as the county's teacher recruiter Tom Sisk noted recently, “Many of our children will never travel outside the United States.â€
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Great. Just a few months back teachers were getting thier pink slips due to state budget shortages and now we are importing teachers. I don't get it....
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by SickNTiredInSoCal
    I don't get it....
    That's right, WE don't get it, they do.
    We are NOT a nation of immigrants!

There is no shortage just refusal to pay enought to keep our own teachers motivated.
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Great. Just a few months back teachers were getting thier pink slips due to state budget shortages and now we are importing teachers. I don't get it....
    Exactly.....neither do I.

There is no shortage just refusal to pay enought to keep our own teachers motivated.
    That's true as well......but all I know is if they are simply not going to pay us American wages anymore, then I'd rather they say something and let Americans keep their jobs, instead of importing all these people and giving them our jobs, as they are outsourcing the rest. Last I knew Americans were human beings and have to work too. Working for less is better than not working at all.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

OUR country is going in the gutter . Thousands of College grads every year and they Import visa teacher. Some low life Americans are selling out locally big time . No Excuse . Hire Americans
    Nam vet 1967/1970 Skull & Bones can KMA .Bless our Brothers that gave their all ..It also gives me the right to Vote for Chuck Baldwin 2008 POTUS . NOW or never*

This is part of the reason why, who would want to work for this.
    http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-131628.html

MW
    This is a duplicate posting.

Here is the original:

http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-131612.html

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn