Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Great!!

Now we need to be sure he gets some punishment - not just a small fine.
    He should have to forfeit assets and some meaningful time.

My son was having a new home built, not fancy, just frame on pier and beam. He was out of town most of the time and didn't get to see it until it was about 80% finished.

The house literally shook. There were holes in the sub floor at least 1/2 wide. The windows were crooked in the walls, 1/2" to 1" off from top to bottom. The walls were finished and there were holes you could stick you little finger in in the corners. They put the cabinets in the wrong place and the sink was not under the window. The back deck was just too rikkety to walk out on. The bathroom cabinets had holes knocked in them when they installed them.

My son hired an inspector and he told him just looking at what he could see, not plumbing or wiring, it would cost at least $20K to redo what they had messed up.

My son had bought 3 acres of land and it was in the house deal. When he refused to accept the house, the builder had to pay the landowner for the land.

Also, they agreed to bring extra lumber, and was included in the price, for a project my son was going to do. The illegals hauled off the lumber.

They may have done something by now, but the house sat there for years - unfinished.

The supervisor was Hispanic and his workers were illegals. My husband went out once to check. He was wearing his suit and had a cap with some gold braid that someone had given him. He just grabbed the cap when he got out - spoke to some of them in Spanish - some began running for the woods!!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Aww sheesh! I posted a reply to the wrong message thread. I'll try again on this one unless somebody objects.

Hi Moosetracks,

OK, that's a step in the right direction. How about the CEO of America's largest employer of illegals?

What part of "We don't owe our jobs to India" are you unable to understand, Senator?

Quote Originally Posted by Coto
    Aww sheesh! I posted a reply to the wrong message thread. I'll try again on this one unless somebody objects.

Hi Moosetracks,

OK, that's a step in the right direction. How about the CEO of America's largest employer of illegals?
    Hi "Coto" are you lost?? LMAO
    I like you H1B visa message though!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ALIPAC SUMMER FUND RAISER
    PLEASE help ALIPAC stay in the fight against illegal immigration!!!!
    http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... ic&t=75673
    FOOD FOR THOUGHT
    WHAT WOULD WE DO WITHOUT ALIPAC???
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

The house we're in was built by Del Webb (now owned by Pulte). Sub-contractors just walked off the jobs because of the shodding work they wanted them to do. Plaster literally fell off of some of the houses and they had to re-do them. They used day-laborers and illegals. At night the would come back in and steal some of the construction products.

The first people who moved in got into 2-man teams and took shifts walking through the tract. When they saw the homeowners walking through, they quickly ran. It didn't keep up. Needless to say our homes are terribly built. What gets me is the city inspectors OK'd the homes. Some have foundations that are cracking. Ours isn't but First Phase is terrible.

I wouldn't let an illegal cut my shrubs let a lone built a house.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

BAck when I had TV, I used to watch the 'flip this house' type shows. I remember one where the illegal workers had stolen the man's cabinets during the night. Gave me quite a laugh.

FRIDAY AUGUST 24, 2007

Gonzalez pleads not guilty to hiring illegals

ELORIA NEWELL JAMES elorianewelljames@ddtonline.com

GREENVILLE - The owner of Tarrasco Steel Co. pleaded not guilty to federal charges Thursday in U.S. District Court.

Jose S. Gonzalez, 32, appeared before U.S. Magistrate Judge Eugene M. Bogen for his arraignment hearing.

Gonzalez, accompanied by his attorney, pleaded not guilty to all 10 counts.

Gonzalez was indicted on a 10-count indictment from the Northern District of Mississippi and later arrested on Aug. 2 by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) agents without incident at his office in Greenville as part of an ongoing investigation into charges that he hired illegal alien workers from Honduras, Guatemala and Mexico to work at critical infrastructure construction sites in the Gulf States region.

Thursday was Gonzalez's second court appearance in this matter. He made his initial appearance in federal court earlier this month after his arrest by ICE agents.

Temple Black, spokesman for ICE's five-state region that includes Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Arkansas and Tennessee, has said that Gonzalez was involved as a subcontractor providing steel rebar and installation services to major highway bridge construction projects.

On March 29, ICE agents conducted coordinated worksite enforcement actions at the Greenville-Arkansas Highway 82 bridge; the Huey P. Long bridge in New Orleans; the U.S. 90 bridge in Biloxi; the Interstate 40 seismic retro-fit in Memphis, Tenn.; and the LA-1 bridge in Leeville, La.

“These structures are part of our nation's critical infrastructure and are closely scrutinized when it comes to security matters,â€
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12