Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Steve King: If Reports Correct 'Trump Base Is Blown Up, Destroyed, Irreparable'

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I would say our first 'Dream Act' is the 'American Dream' for Americans..

That should be the first dream we work to protect.

The support for Trump may be going away, but the 'base' as in the people who believed him are not.

We are still here, we are still angry (more so now) and we need to be even more determined.

Also, by this time, there are a lot of those who didn't vote for Trump, but whose eyes have been opened by all the hysteria, lies, violence, stupidity being supported and encouraged by the 'other side'. Remember that other side includes most so called republicans.

Stop shopping with those who hire illegals. It will be hard and it can't be done completely as they are everywhere.

We could simply pick a few industries at a tie.

Drop the cable/satellite or whatever actually pays money to the propaganda media.
    Imagine if everyone who voted for Trump did this.

Stop eating at fast food places.

Stop eating beef, or pork, or chicken. Just one at a time, but for a few months.

How about making sure you don't shop at Home Depot, or any other company that has aided and abetted.

Really, there are lots of places to shop, lots of alternative things to buy, and a lot - really lot of things we really don't need to buy.

There will be no political solution, that we like.

The wall never seemed really important. Why spend money on a wall, when we have plenty of laws on the books already that will go along way to fixing this. In fact, without the enforcement of our laws, there isn't a fence high enough, buried deep enough, or long enough to stop this.

We could put troops on our border, instead of protecting poppy fields, and holding countries so corporations can pillage their resources.

We had troops on the border, and pretty far inland during WWII - this is no less a war and the invasion was a possibility during WWII, it is already happening now.

These things worked very well for us in the past - why do we not use them.

Remember, we were promised strict enforcement after Pres. Reagan's amnesty - didn't get it.

We were promised a wall after George Bush pushed for amnesty - that got people riled up, they promised us a wall - didn't get it.

"If it's going to be - it's up to me (us)."

MW
    nntrixie wrote (excerpt):

The wall never seemed really important. Why spend money on a wall, when we have plenty of laws on the books already that will go along way to fixing this. In fact, without the enforcement of our laws, there isn't a fence high enough, buried deep enough, or long enough to stop this.
    You're totally missing the big picture here. Many of us understand that border security is a critical part of controlling illegal immigration.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by MW View Post
    nntrixie wrote (excerpt):

You're totally missing the big picture here. Many of us understand that border security is a critical part of controlling illegal immigration.
    I don't know exactly what that means.

I don't think I'm missing anything.

There is very little talk of border security - only a wall. A wall would be only part of that security and not the most important, just my opinion.

We are going to 'trade' the wall for something or 'trade' something for the wall. A lot of emphasis put on the wall, and none on the very laws we have that have dealt successfully with this problem for a long time.

So let's don't 'trade' anything for the wall. We don't need to right now. We have everything we need already.

But the part that is missing is that without interior enforcement, no wall, no border security will stop it.

If we don't cut out the incentives, deport all of them, enforce our laws not only against illegals but those who hire, and aid and abet - no wall, no border security will fix it.

As I said, maybe I'm not understanding what you are saying.

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by nntrixie View Post
    I don't know exactly what that means.

I don't think I'm missing anything.

There is very little talk of border security - only a wall. A wall would be only part of that security and not the most important, just my opinion.

We are going to 'trade' the wall for something or 'trade' something for the wall. A lot of emphasis put on the wall, and none on the very laws we have that have dealt successfully with this problem for a long time.

So let's don't 'trade' anything for the wall. We don't need to right now. We have everything we need already.

But the part that is missing is that without interior enforcement, no wall, no border security will stop it.

If we don't cut out the incentives, deport all of them, enforce our laws not only against illegals but those who hire, and aid and abet - no wall, no border security will fix it.

As I said, maybe I'm not understanding what you are saying.
    Nobody has said anything about trading something for a wall except media pundits. Actually, according to what I'm hearing in the media, Trump has excluded any deal for the wall in the DACA (DREAMER) amnesty he's pushing for. Furthermore, nobody is concentrating on the wall at this moment but Trump because he's using it to distract us from the DACA issue. Right now his base has bigger things on their mind, like the amnesty Trump is pushing for.

Yes, like I said earlier, we need a quality wall and more boots on the ground. Those two things, among others, combine to secure our border. Your belief that we don't need a wall to help reduce illegal immigration is silly IMO. On top of that, it's something Trump promised us.

You're inability to see the big picture is a little concerning to me. Dealing effectively with illegal immigration will take a combination of things. Enforcing our written immigration laws is a big part of that, but so is sound border security. You can have all the interior enforcement you want, but without a secure border the revolving door will continue.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

NO PATH TO STAY

NO CHAIN MIGRATION

NO DEALS...DEPORT THEM ALL
    ILLEGAL ALIENS HAVE "BROKEN" OUR IMMIGRATION SYSTEM

DO NOT REWARD THEM - DEPORT THEM ALL

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12