Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Stimulus Deal Excludes E-Verify Protections

Stimulus Deal Excludes E-Verify Protections for American Jobs
    Updated Monday, February 9, 2009, 7:15 AM

The Senate will resume consideration of the Stimulus bill (H.R. 1) today at 1 p.m. On Friday night, Senate Majority Leader Reid (D-Nev.) announced a deal to secure passage of the Stimulus bill (H.R. 1) that does not include a measure (SA 239) sponsored by Sen. Jeff Sessions (R-Ala) to protect American workers by requiring the use of E-Verify by any local governments and businesses that get Stimulus money.

While it is difficult to believe that Senate leaders might insist that illegal aliens have the same chance at new Stimulus jobs as unemployed Americans, this scenario may now be at hand. SA 239 is now unlikely to receive a floor vote.

At 5:30 p.m. today, a vote will be held on the amendment containing the "compromise" stimulus deal. A vote on final passage is scheduled for Noon on Tuesday, Feb. 10.

[For members of NumbersUSA, posters note]
    Go to your Action Buffet and send a free fax to tell your Senators how disappointed/angry/baffled you are at their refusal to consider the E-Verify provisions.

There is some good news to report. On Feb. 6, Senators adopted an amendment (SA 306) sponsored by Sen. Charles Grassley (R-Iowa) and Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) that would to bar bailed-out banks from hiring foreign workers, for just one year. Their measure was prompted by an Associated Press investigation that revealed how banks receiving the most federal aid had requested visas for thousands of foreign workers even as they laid off employees during the economic downturn.

http://www.numbersusa.com/content/news/ ... enate.html
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

working4change

More Democratic "change": our tax dollars and money we're borrowing from our children, will be used to create jobs for at least 300,000 illegal aliens. And the MSM is ignoring this. Beyond pathetic.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    these Senators are nothing more than Trailer trash and not worthy of being called a US Senitor. ...

They act as if they are ashamed tp protect American Workers with your own money that they are going to charge you interest on

the Senate to be OUTSOURCED to Mexico .. we might get a fair shake as citizens in that country

Call on E-verify

I called into Fox News and asked them to please cover this story. I also sent Glen Becks show 2 emails asking them to cover this story today and to have Roy Beck from Numbers USA or Senator Sessions on to discuss this, lack of E-Verify in the bill.

I also have been trying to reach Sen Arlen Spector, Sen Susan Collins, Sen Olympia Snowe all morning. I was able to get to the voice message of Sen Arlen Spector, but Susan Collins and Olympia Snowes phone lines are always busy and you can't get thru.

Once I got thru to Sen Susan Collins office and the message mail box was full and you could not get forwarded to an actual person.

I think everyone should keep calling the White House to make sure Obama hears our voices.

This bill is a Globalist Traitor's Bill and needs to die a quick and resounding death.

KILL THE BILL!!

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Ditto to "Judy"
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    Same as before... I view this as a Personal loan between Obama, Congress the Senate and the Federal Reserve

I will not pay taxes on something I will not get

April

tracking the usurper-in-chief and on his trail
    i've a feeling we're not in America any more.
    One man's terrorist is another man's undocumented worker.

Unless we enforce laws against illegal aliens today,
    tomorrow WE may wake up as illegals.

The last word: illegal aliens are ILLEGAL!