Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

California or ground zero of the invasion

Student Loses Bid To Allow Anti-Immigrant Rally

http://cbs2.com/topstories/local_story_165180726.html

Jun 14, 2006 2:59 pm US/Pacific

Student Loses Bid To Allow Anti-Immigrant Rally
    (CBS) RIVERSIDE A Jurupa Valley High School senior lost his bid Wednesday for a court order that would have allowed him to hold an anti-immigration rally and wear a T-shirt with an anti-immigrant slogan.

Judge Thomas Cahraman's ruling was a setback for Joshua Denhalter, 18, who filed a $25,000 lawsuit against the Jurupa Unified School District.

School officials had denied his request to hold an anti-immigration rally on campus. He then tried to organize an off-campus rally, but Denhalter claims his right to free speech was violated and his reputation damaged when he was suspended for distributing fliers at the school promoting the event.

He is seeking an apology and wants his three-day suspension erased from his record and a statement from school officials that they were wrong.

The temporary restraining order would have allowed Denhalter to proceed with his rally and wear his T-shirt on campus.

But Denhalter is running out of time. School ends June 21 and he is scheduled to graduate.

Cahraman said he wanted more time to consider the motion and review arguments from Denhalter and the school district.

"The judge felt he could not make a decision and he wanted more time to review the issue," Denhalter's attorney, Timothy Liebaert said.

The Jurupa Unified School District also was expected Wednesday to file a motion to remove the case from the Riverside courts' jurisdiction and make it a federal case, Liebaert said.

Liebaert said he expects to file a new temporary restraining order request tomorrow in U.S. District Court in Riverside and have a hearing by Friday.

The confrontation between school district officials and the Mira Loma teenager began when Denhalter tried to organize an anti-immigration off-campus rally in March during the height of several student walkouts in Riverside County in which teenagers demonstrated for immigrant rights.

Denhalter was suspended for three days for distributing fliers on the school campus. He also was ordered not wear a T-shirt with anti-illegal immigrant slogan.

School officials at the time feared that his protest could spark violence. "They pretty much silenced me; they put me in a box," Denhalter told the Los Angeles Times. "They did it because they feared what the other side might do. Because of that, my rights were curtailed."

The school district denied the allegations, asserting that a forum was arranged on campus to give students to debate the immigration issue.

School District Superintendent Elliott Duchon told The Times that security at the school was heightened the week of March 27 because of pro-immigrant demonstrations around the country, along with student walkouts throughout Southern California.

"This district is concerned with safety and security of students first without regard to race or point of view," he told The Times, declining to comment on the specific reasons for Denhalter's suspension.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Oh, so pro-illegal students can do whatever they want such as walk out and not get a parade permit, throw things at officers, etc. Oh, they also get time off from school (extended vacation, not suspension) so they can go protest. They even get time in class to write letters to the government and whine about how racist everyone else is (because they have done nothing wrong). But this guy who tries to do things the right way, isn't allowed. Makes no sense to me. I am tired of these anchor babies getting everything they want!

Without regard

"This district is concerned with safety and security of students first without regard to race or point of view," he told The Times, declining to comment on the specific reasons for Denhalter's suspension.
    They mean without regard for rights and liberties. The educators in this country have been infected by the leftist new world order mantra and are allowed to project the ideas of "global economy" and "humanism". Who is shaping your child's opinions?

AI_BOT

But this guy who tries to do things the right way, isn't allowed
    Exactly. We are playing by the rules and the opposition is not and furthermore is encouraged not to. I realize we are trying to do things the right way and follow the laws of our country and I am not saying the time has come to stray from our laws.

But...

Where is the line? When the invading force is not required to play the rules and is in fact encouraged not to by our very own government from the bottom to the top with very few exceptions...when do the citizens that have to follow the law decide it is time to throw out the rule book?

I have been pondering this question a bit lately. It is very hard to get playing by the rules out of your head when you have been brought up to do just that your entire life and been told if you play by the rules you will go far. I have a hard time with it myself. I find myself barely able to think (let alone act) outside of the rules of society and the laws of the land.

Clearly playing by the rules has not worked for this young man.