Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Students to protest proposal denying benefits to immigrants

Naturally 'illegal' not in title.

http://kvoa.com/Global/story.asp?S=5573305

Students to protest proposal denying benefits to immigrants

PHOENIX -- As many as college students and others were expected to march Monday at a protest of a ballot proposal that would deny some government benefits to illegal immigrants.

Proposition 300 would prohibit illegal immigrants from receiving state-funded child care assistance, attending adult education classes or getting in-state tuition and financial aid at Arizona's public colleges.

The march will go from Arizona State University's main campus in Tempe to the Arizona Capitol in Phoenix.

"Students feel like they're under attack," organizer Carlos Garcia said.

Arizona students who aren't U.S. citizens wouldn't be denied an education under the measure but would be required to pay out-of-state tuition to attend two- and four-year colleges here, said Republican state Sen. Dean Martin of Phoenix, who sponsored it.

Subsidizing illegal immigrants places a heavy financial burden on the entire education system and puts once-affordable education out of some students' reach, he said.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Arizona students who aren't U.S. citizens wouldn't be denied an education under the measure but would be required to pay out-of-state tuition to attend two- and four-year colleges here, said Republican state Sen. Dean Martin of Phoenix, who sponsored it.
    If they are here illegally, they shouldn't even be allowed to attend. How can illegals get financing?

OH I FORGOT, SILLY ME. WE PAY FOR IT!!!
    "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same results is the definition of insanity. " Albert Einstein.

Any state that gives in-state-tuition to illegals should be facing a lawsuit by students who are U.S. citizens who are denied this benefit.

Hey Garcia, the illegal invaders should be under attack. Legal immigrants pay their way, so why should they foot the bill for invaders who are not even welcome here?

Sawdust said:
    Any state that gives in-state-tuition to illegals should be facing a lawsuit by students who are U.S. citizens who are denied this benefit.
    Amen to that!

D.W.
    D.W.

[img]Proposition%20300%20would%20prohibit%20illegal%20i mmigrants%20from%20receiving%20state-funded%20child%20care%20assistance,%20attending%20 adult%20education%20classes%20or%20getting%20in-state%20tuition%20and%20financial%20aid%20at%20Ari zona's%20public%20colleges.[/img]

All of these services are taxpayer funded. Illegals should not receive tax dollars.
    I think their tuition should be a special out of country rate that is even higher that out of state tuition, and I don't care where they went from grades 1-12.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn