Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Students walk out on Gilchrist Debate at CSU Long Beach

Local comments available at linked site.

http://ocregister.com/news/gilchrist...-morones-beach

Students walk out on immigration debate
    Students, faculty rally outside a campus event featuring Jim Gilchrist, co-founder of the Minuteman Project.
    By AMY TAXIN
    The Orange County Register
    Comments 50| Recommend 19

LONG BEACH – Students walked out of an immigration debate at California State University, Long Beach, on Tuesday to protest Minuteman co-founder Jim Gilchrist and what they said was “hate mongeringâ€
    <div>"True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else."
    - Clarence Darrow</div>

Todays education: don't learn the facts, don't hear both sides, follow the group and throw stones.
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Morones intent was to deny the free speech of someone who disagrees with him. He certainly showed his inability to engage in a meaningful debate with the opposition, instead calling for students to leave BEFORE Gilchrist even spoke ONE word.

The laughable thing is that most students BLINDLY followed him, instead of staying and hearing what Gilchrist had to say, with their own ears!

One student, Hector Gomez says from what he saw it was a trap? How would he possibly know? The only speech he heard was Morones'!

The illegals activists are not interested in debating the issues, they just want everyone to blindly agree with them.

These college students should be ashamed of themselves, falling for a race card! Are they capable of thinking for themselves or are they just sheep?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

If you have no facts, no logic, just call the other side "racist." Even though Cal State Long Beach is a mediocre university, this attempted squelching of free speech and exchange of ideas happens on better universities as well (remember when Gilchrist was disrupted and almost assaulted at Columbia).
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I THINK MORONES DIDNT THINK HE COULD HOLD UP HIS END OF THE DEBATE. HE INSTIGATED THE WALKOUT TO AVOID LOSING THE DEBATE.

Wouldn't be surprised if some of those who walked out weren't even students. We hear of people bussed in to rallies for instance.
    This was carefully planned and staged imo.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Enrique Morones is principally involved with a Chamber of Commerce type organization which represents Latino employers who know they are of illegal aliens.

ˇOye Enrique Morones! Tu eres un sucio cobarte.
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Gilchrist is flipping out wearing that bullet proof vest on the outside of his attire. The SOBs will have to just shoot me, I'm not going to put that kind of fear on display.

No vest or arms will truly protect us. Only the armor of God can.

W

Quote Originally Posted by miguelina
    The laughable thing is that most students BLINDLY followed him, instead of staying and hearing what Gilchrist had to say, with their own ears!
    According to an SOS post it was a setup, all the Mecha club members got in line early and took up most of the seats, then they walked out denying everyone else the chance to hear Gilchrist speak.

Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC
    Gilchrist is flipping out wearing that bullet proof vest on the outside of his attire. The SOBs will have to just shoot me, I'm not going to put that kind of fear on display.

No vest or arms will truly protect us. Only the armor of God can.

W
    I agree. When I saw this picture, Mr. Gilchrist lost a lot of credibility with me. On the other hand Mr Morones is nothing but a Moron.

The real losers wer the students, as their learning curve went to zero that day.

R/ Skip

MORE PICTURES

http://www.ocregister.com/news/gilchris ... ones-beach

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast